HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top 10 A Boys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
baller09

PostSubject: Top 10 A Boys   Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:39 pm

1.Devon Park
2.Harvey
3.McAdam
4.Hartland
5.Caledonia
6.Campobello
7. John Caldwell
8. Petticodiac
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A Boys   Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:52 pm

Baller09

Just a few comments:

Harvey has won 2 of 3 meetings with DPCS
Grand Manaan has beaten DPCS and Campobello
McAdam won a decisive game over Harvey last week.
Hartland lost to John Calwell by 1 in their only meeting so far (they will play again)

My picks:

1. Grand Manaan
2. Harvey
3. McAdam
4. DPCS
5. John Caldwell
6. Campobello
7. Hartland
8. Petticodiac

Back to top Go down
baller09

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A Boys   Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:58 pm

Okay, But CRHS has good defence and when #9 and #4 and on their game are really good. They also have a good bench!!
and CRHS lost to John Caldwell by 4 and Parsons wasn't on his game either!

Last edited by baller09 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A Boys   Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:02 pm

Baller09

I cannot agrgue the point about CRHS becuase I have only seen Patticodiac play in one tournament (very impressed) therefore my #8 pick should not be considered too seriously and as per your better knowlege of the east could be repalced by CRHS.
Back to top Go down
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A Boys   Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:40 pm

baller09 wrote:
1.Devon Park
2.Harvey
3.McAdam
4.Hartland
5.Caledonia
6.Campobello
7. John Caldwell
8. Petticodiac

Can you explain to me why you didn't put Grand Manan in your top 8...... really?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huios30

PostSubject: Top 10 A Boys   Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:41 pm

39forever, baller09 didn't put Grand Manan in the top eight because he's hoping they'll just go away. I played against Grand Mananer's a few times, and they don't 'just go away'.

Baller09, I know it was probably just an oversight, but I'm afraid you can't overlook their boy's now. With wins over Devon Park, McAdam and Campo, they are definitely in the mix to put both your Breakers teams at Harbour Station. Can you get everyone on that new boat if both the girls and boys invade Saint John?

39forever, will that get me a ticket at mid-court if both of your teams make it? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A Boys   Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:35 pm

Huios30 wrote:
39forever, baller09 didn't put Grand Manan in the top eight because he's hoping they'll just go away. I played against Grand Mananer's a few times, and they don't 'just go away'.

Baller09, I know it was probably just an oversight, but I'm afraid you can't overlook their boy's now. With wins over Devon Park, McAdam and Campo, they are definitely in the mix to put both your Breakers teams at Harbour Station. Can you get everyone on that new boat if both the girls and boys invade Saint John?

39forever, will that get me a ticket at mid-court if both of your teams make it? Smile

I will save you a seat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A Boys   Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:35 am

baller09 wrote:
1.Devon Park
2.Harvey
3.McAdam
4.Hartland
5.Caledonia
6.Campobello
7. John Caldwell
8. Petticodiac

Why he left GM out is very questionable. Ok, how the south ends up for regional will determine a lot of outcomes so lets look at the possible matchups. I believe HCS will beat JC next week and will gain #2 spot. I am assuming McAdam will go #3?? If so, HCS matches up with McAdam quite well and i believe they will prevail. So here is my opinion will be the 4 teams that will come out of the southwest regionals. No specific order or seed

DP
HCS
GM
Harvey

This is all based on if McAdam gets the #3 spot and JC loses to HCS. If not, you may see 3 south teams and 1 west.

My top 8

1- GM
2- Harvey
3- DP
4- HCS
5- McADAM
6- JC
7- Campo
8- some team from East??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
f4xi

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A Boys   Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:10 pm

I think its very hard to pick the top three in the south. Campobello is pretty much locked into regionals unless RNS beats McAdam on the road and Campobello loses the rest of their games. It will be difficult for Campobello to move out of fourth unless they pick up some wins over Harvey and McAdam. The loss at RNS hurts in this circumstance. The top three (McAdam, Grand Manan, and Harvey) have way to many games remaining between them to determine who will place where. Chances are the final south rankings will not be known until the last game.

As for the west, Hartland has one game left on their schedule (home vs. John Caldwell) and if they win by more then 2 points will finish in 2nd, with John Caldwell third. Finishing first in the south will pretty much guarantee an easy win in the crossover, while the rest of the games will result in all teams having to work hard to win.

celtic wrote:
baller09 wrote:
1.Devon Park
2.Harvey
3.McAdam
4.Hartland
5.Caledonia
6.Campobello
7. John Caldwell
8. Petticodiac

Why he left GM out is very questionable. Ok, how the south ends up for regional will determine a lot of outcomes so lets look at the possible matchups. I believe HCS will beat JC next week and will gain #2 spot. I am assuming McAdam will go #3?? If so, HCS matches up with McAdam quite well and i believe they will prevail. So here is my opinion will be the 4 teams that will come out of the southwest regionals. No specific order or seed

DP
HCS
GM
Harvey

This is all based on if McAdam gets the #3 spot and JC loses to HCS. If not, you may see 3 south teams and 1 west.

My top 8

1- GM
2- Harvey
3- DP
4- HCS
5- McADAM
6- JC
7- Campo
8- some team from East??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A Boys   Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm

Come on f4xi.....your like a politician sitting on the fence....go out on a limb and give us a prediction on the South seedings and regional results?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A Boys   Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:56 am

First off, do we need another top 10 or 8 or 3... U get the point, we have a top 8 let's keep the ball rolling on that, second of all, this top 10 is highly innaccurate, no Grand Manan??? Devon Park ahead of Harvey??? U might wanna do a little research before posting.

F4xi has the right idea, he is making u work to decipher his south rankings!

Can't wait for regionals when all of these rankings will b put to the test!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 A Boys   Today at 6:38 am

Back to top Go down

Top 10 A Boys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1