HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

St.Georges JV team ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
newmember

PostSubject: St.Georges JV team ??   Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:48 am

Will they win Provincials
Back to top Go down
View user profile
M-5

PostSubject: Re: St.Georges JV team ??   Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:07 pm

Apparently not!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: St.Georges JV team ??   Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:07 am

ha, yeah after all the bragging on this site by Mark Scott and other, St George's BARELY hangs on to finish 3rd.

I couldn't help but think how different things would have been if Sparks-Guest played junior for Gleneagle, Etienne and Hauck from Mouat and if Cohee and Guingab had played junior for Walnut Grove, then the final four would have looked a LOT different!

I expect that Gleneagle, Mouat and Grove will be top 3 in 2 years. Claremont, St George's and VC also there.

Last edited by mikeyb on Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: St.Georges JV team ??   Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:59 am

Humility is the best virtue. This applies to saints and sadly for you also Mikeyb. Elsewhere, you were making hue and cry over Fox not going to get 2'nd seed in FV and self-proclaimed they are the 2'nd best after Gleneagle. You used some choiciest words in your post. They were knocked out at home by Pitt and cudn't even go to FV championship. So again humility is best virtue.
Back to top Go down
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: St.Georges JV team ??   Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:10 am

Upsets happen all the time, especially in junior and ESPECIALLY in the Valley Single Elimination portion of the tournament. Fox in my opinion was the 2nd best team in the valley going into the tournament.

So I am not sure what my choice words are other than the fact that being successful in grade 10 means squat when you get to senior. It is virtually impossible to win or be a top top team in junior and maintain that dominance 2 years down the road. How many players and teams dominate in junior and when they get to senior, have been caught in talent and height ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: St.Georges JV team ??   Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:20 am

mikeyb wrote:
Upsets happen all the time, especially in junior and ESPECIALLY in the Valley Single Elimination portion of the tournament. Fox in my opinion was the 2nd best team in the valley going into the tournament.

So I am not sure what my choice words are other than the fact that being successful in grade 10 means squat when you get to senior. It is virtually impossible to win or be a top top team in junior and maintain that dominance 2 years down the road. How many players and teams dominate in junior and when they get to senior, have been caught in talent and height ?

Sorry I wasn't clear when I said choiciest words. What I meant was you used choiciest words like " shitty seeding" in your old post under City seedings heading. Here I totally agree with your post on saints as well as one on if you had players who played up, a different placing might have happened.
Back to top Go down
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: St.Georges JV team ??   Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:32 am

Do you happen to have the all star awards and such from the tournament ? Junior Boys is the only one I havent seen or can find anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: St.Georges JV team ??   Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:21 pm

mikeyb wrote:
ha, yeah after all the bragging on this site by Mark Scott and other, St George's BARELY hangs on to finish 3rd.

I couldn't help but think how different things would have been if Sparks-Guest played junior for Gleneagle, Etienne and Hauck from Mouat and if Cohee and Guingab had played junior for Walnut Grove, then the final four would have looked a LOT different!

I expect that Gleneagle, Mouat and Grove will be top 3 in 2 years. Claremont, St George's and VC also there.

I am sorry you feel that way Mikey. I do not recall ever bragging - and only once mentioned my son the entire season. If you look at the posts, I mostly provided scores and brief commentary. I suppose you could say my compliments of Drew Urquhart (and especially his recent dunk...) were bragging (he is not my kid) but he is an outstanding player and deserves the compliments. I tried to be do the same for opponents (and I think you will see I did), because I thought Saints played lots of quality teams. It would have appreciated if others had done the same for their teams (and uploaded video). How else will we know?

I do not think Saints was any better than 3rd and never said otherwise (in fact I said that Saints should have been ranked 4th at one point when they were third). I think they deserved 3rd in this tournament with these players. Please feel free to look over the posts on the junior site and let me know where I have been out of line. You are right, the results would have been much different if the top grade 10s played junior and Saints would not have placed so highly. There are a lot of outstanding young players playing senior.

Anyway, it was a well run tournament by VC and I think the outcomes were fair. The seedings overall were excellent.

In the interests of sharing information, here is a link to the video of the Urquhart dunk. http://preview.tinyurl.com/827zvtj
The video is provided by one of his teammates, whose mother took the video. In advance, I am sorry Mikey if you think providing this information is bragging.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VCPARENTS

PostSubject: Re: St.Georges JV team ??   Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:15 pm

Having been a CD-ROM for long, I think I have to step up to give a fair comment about Mark. I am a VC basketball parent myself and only know him and conversed with him as basketball parents from all sorts of basketball games/occasions through the years. I have took the liberty to browse his posts in this forum seeing him sharing his fair feedbacks and valuable opinions about the developments of basketball at high school as well as grass-root level in BC. Many of us may not like Saints, but for Mr. Scott, I respect him as one very supportive basketball parent like every one of us here, and a classy GENTLEMAN in his own right!

Well the dust has been settled for the 2011-12 BC Jr. basketball and it is about time we should move on. I hoped to seeing many familiar faces again at the Senior level next year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: St.Georges JV team ??   Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:20 pm

VCPARENTS wrote:
Having been a CD-ROM for long, I think I have to step up to give a fair comment about Mark. I am a VC basketball parent myself and only know him and conversed with him as basketball parents from all sorts of basketball games/occasions through the years. I have took the liberty to browse his posts in this forum seeing him sharing his fair feedbacks and valuable opinions about the developments of basketball at high school as well as grass-root level in BC. Many of us may not like Saints, but for Mr. Scott, I respect him as one very supportive basketball parent like every one of us here, and a classy GENTLEMAN in his own right!

Well the dust has been settled for the 2011-12 BC Jr. basketball and it is about time we should move on. I hoped to seeing many familiar faces again at the Senior level next year!

Thank you very much, I appreciate the comments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St.Georges JV team ??   Today at 8:51 pm

Back to top Go down

St.Georges JV team ??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1