HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Okanaganball please do your job

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TightD

PostSubject: Okanaganball please do your job   Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:08 am

As moderator you should keep this site a little more tidy. Sportvictoria is using this site as a pure promotion for his site and it is maling this site harder and harder to read. Under your own guidelines this site is not to be used for blatant promotion...Sportvictoria is wrecking this site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baseline

PostSubject: Re: Okanaganball please do your job   Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:53 pm

@TightD wrote:
As moderator you should keep this site a little more tidy. Sportvictoria is using this site as a pure promotion for his site and it is maling this site harder and harder to read. Under your own guidelines this site is not to be used for blatant promotion...Sportvictoria is wrecking this site.

I could not agree more. I am all for those who wish to exchange, debate or inform but this guy is just too much. Stop it all ready! Leave your business aside and get back to talking Bball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopfan

PostSubject: Re: Okanaganball please do your job   Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:09 pm

It is a so wrong for Sport Victiora to post a defamatory headline on his owe webite. BAD DECISION!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zoons

PostSubject: Re: Okanaganball please do your job   Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:00 pm

RELAX!!!!

He has a wesite designed to update high school basketball in bc. It has scores, draws, rankings, berthing info. He keeps it up to date. We need people like that to promote basketball in the province. Without Lyle, updated rankings for all levels dont exist. Oh heaven for bid that his company's logo is at the bottom of his website. Stop trying to cut someone down that is doing a great thing for bc high school basketball. He runs his own website, let the guy post there and if you want to see the updated scores, rankings etc...He is just telling you where you can find the info...if you have another place that has up to date bc boys info...let us all know so we can go there too.
Keep it up Lyle. We really appreciate all the work you are doing, it has been very helpful for parents, players and coaches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife74

PostSubject: Re: Okanaganball please do your job   Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:14 pm

@zoons wrote:
RELAX!!!!

He has a wesite designed to update high school basketball in bc. It has scores, draws, rankings, berthing info. He keeps it up to date. We need people like that to promote basketball in the province. Without Lyle, updated rankings for all levels dont exist. Oh heaven for bid that his company's logo is at the bottom of his website. Stop trying to cut someone down that is doing a great thing for bc high school basketball. He runs his own website, let the guy post there and if you want to see the updated scores, rankings etc...He is just telling you where you can find the info...if you have another place that has up to date bc boys info...let us all know so we can go there too.
Keep it up Lyle. We really appreciate all the work you are doing, it has been very helpful for parents, players and coaches.

I agree with everything you said. Keep up the good work sportvictoria.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TightD

PostSubject: Re: Okanaganball please do your job   Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:36 pm

26 thread titles on the first page of the forum alone...hijacking other threads because he presents the "tree view"...utterly frustrating updates on scores for western Canada tournament. Bundle up your rankings on one thread and update it weekly on that thread please or do us all a favour and just post the rankings here. Please have the courtesy not to overrun this siten as you have done. As i stated earlier...26 threads on page one alone. The forum rules clearly state no blatant self promotion...Oanagonbball needs to do his job. Please!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Okanaganball please do your job   Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm

I am not getting into the discussion of whether what Sportsvictoria is doing is right or not. But he could have done one thing. That is to keep this forum bit clean like posting all the island results under one topic like Richmond results, FV results instead of starting topic for each island tournament. His style is making this forum very difficult to read and cluttered. Many important topics gets lost in his countless topics.

I agree that the admin should have done this but dont know why he didn't do it. Just a simple task of clubbing all island topics under one topic would have made the forum more appealing and easy to manoeuvr.
Back to top Go down
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Okanaganball please do your job   Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:25 pm

I also agree that Lyle does a great service for basketball fans inour province and i like the fact that he keeps on top off all games and tournies ...Keep up the good work Lyle !!!!

@ballislife74 wrote:
@zoons wrote:
RELAX!!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Okanaganball please do your job   Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:33 pm

@And 1 wrote:
I also agree that Lyle does a great service for basketball fans inour province and i like the fact that he keeps on top off all games and tournies ...Keep up the good work Lyle !!!!

@ballislife74 wrote:
@zoons wrote:
RELAX!!!!

I agree with these comments.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TightD

PostSubject: Re: Okanaganball please do your job   Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:25 pm

edward wrote:
I am not getting into the discussion of whether what Sportsvictoria is doing is right or not. But he could have done one thing. That is to keep this forum bit clean like posting all the island results under one topic like Richmond results, FV results instead of starting topic for each island tournament. His style is making this forum very difficult to read and cluttered. Many important topics gets lost in his countless topics.

I agree that the admin should have done this but dont know why he didn't do it. Just a simple task of clubbing all island topics under one topic would have made the forum more appealing and easy to manoeuvr.

You probably put it in much better and politer words than i did. His site is good and i am all for more info and promoting the game but the way he goes about it is making this site very difficult to go through and is frustrating...i even wouldn't mind a SportVictoria stand alone thread if it would stop cluttering up this site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Okanaganball please do your job   Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:46 pm

@TightD wrote:
edward wrote:

You probably put it in much better and politer words than i did. His site is good and i am all for more info and promoting the game but the way he goes about it is making this site very difficult to go through and is frustrating...i even wouldn't mind a SportVictoria stand alone thread if it would stop cluttering up this site.

Hi Sportvictoria, We all want your fountain of info but in a uncluttered way. Make no mistake it will have more views & nothing wud get lost. Your info isn't annoying but presentation is. You don't need admin to do this secretarial task.

Back to top Go down
oldbulldog

PostSubject: Re: Okanaganball please do your job   Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:42 pm

All the A, AA and AAA scores, rankings and birthing alocations are available on the AAA boys site.

http://www.bcboysbasketball.com/leagues/custom_page.cfm?leagueID=0&clientID=2192&pageID=12223

All high school coaches in the province have admin access to the site (pass code) and can enter scores online immediately following their games. Most coaches are good at keeping this up to date. They enter their scores that evening or the next morning. However there are still some coaches who don't enter the scores or provide their tournament information????? Ted Cusick and Tom Tagami do a great job of keeping this site up to date.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
outlawpete

PostSubject: Re: Okanaganball please do your job   Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:29 pm

Yo sportvictoria I think there is a point hear you need to listen to. You have started over 118 topics on your own bro and most of them are just you posting your website to go look at something. You really are cluttering up the site and it is becoming very irritating, I agree that okanganball needs to clean his posts up... can you hear me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Okanaganball please do your job   Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:06 am

I hear you guys/girls. Thank you for your suggestions. I would also appreciate if in the future when Sportvictoria, or any poster, makes a thread that he/she provides the link within the thread to the actual thing being referred to instead of the homepage of the site.

However, when threads are posted for tournaments I don't see the problem as long as the link within the thread actually links directly to the rankings or tournament tree as opposed to just the homepage of a site. As long as this is followed I don't really see a problem, especially since the specific site in question is about BC basketball and having all the info in one convenient place. It's not some random site not dedicated to basketball that is being posted.

I'm going to merge all the rankings topics, though. I don't think there needs to be so many different topics on those, just separate topics for AAA, AA, and A.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Okanaganball please do your job   Today at 1:56 am

Back to top Go down

Okanaganball please do your job
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: British Columbia :: BC Seniors-
Jump to: