HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Season ending top Northern 5?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NorthernFan2010

PostSubject: Season ending top Northern 5?   Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:56 am

Forward - Tom Campana, St. Basils
Forward - Eric Ducharme, Timmins
Center - Isaac Meanie, Chippewa
Guard - Andrew Vincent, Timmins
Guard - ????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Initial rebuttal   Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Foward -- Campana
Forward -- Ducharme
Centre -- Hamilton
Guard -- Vincent
Guard - Bertolissi

How about doing a Grade 11 all-star listing as well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
des

PostSubject: JUNIORS   Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:38 am

Don't know who is in grade 11. Interesting for next year. Timmins has there good junior up from last year. 6'4 or 6'5. centre. He plays a lot and is very good. Who else is out there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Re: Season ending top Northern 5?   Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:02 am

des wrote:
Don't know who is in grade 11. Interesting for next year. Timmins has there good junior up from last year. 6'4 or 6'5. centre. He plays a lot and is very good. Who else is out there.

Are you speaking of the Aboriginal kid who is the starter. We played them at the Vetrie tournament and nobody else stood out for them at the 5!

I hope that Timmins has a very good Junior team or are able to recruit from outside of their boundaries. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthernFan2010

PostSubject: Re: Season ending top Northern 5?   Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:20 am

High school sports recruiting isn't allowed. Ducharmes father actually moved to the Timmins area for work, so his son went with him and seized the opportunity to play for a way better school than Espanola. That kind of thing happens with hockey all the time - where players move to another town or city so they can up their skill levels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Re: Season ending top Northern 5?   Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:39 am

NorthernFan2010 wrote:
High school sports recruiting isn't allowed. Ducharmes father actually moved to the Timmins area for work, so his son went with him and seized the opportunity to play for a way better school than Espanola. That kind of thing happens with hockey all the time - where players move to another town or city so they can up their skill levels.

I realize that technically recruiting is not allowed but I also know for a fact that it goes on (from first hand experience), and in the North as well. Just look at all of the players that Eastern Commerce have and they are from all across Metro Toronto. Pickering has kids on their team from Ottawa. ACMT has players from Montreal and Haiti. We should all be honest with ourselves and acknowledge that fact! Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthernFan2010

PostSubject: Re: Season ending top Northern 5?   Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:42 am

Hey listen I'm not naive, I know it happens - but in Ducharme's case, he had a legitimate opportunity to play in Timmins - I was responding to your insinuation they recruited him - which they didn't. They welcomed him - as any school would have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Re: Season ending top Northern 5?   Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:57 am

NorthernFan2010 wrote:
Hey listen I'm not naive, I know it happens - but in Ducharme's case, he had a legitimate opportunity to play in Timmins - I was responding to your insinuation they recruited him - which they didn't. They welcomed him - as any school would have.

I was not even thinking of him but I have been told that they have had players from across the northeast and Quebec over the years. There is a school closing here in the Soo and the kids do not have the full choice of where to transfer to!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthernFan2010

PostSubject: Re: Season ending top Northern 5?   Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:01 am

That sucks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Sudbury Playdowns   Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:10 am

Any idea on how the Sudbury playdows are shaking out? I find the Sudbury paper on-line useless!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season ending top Northern 5?   Today at 5:13 am

Back to top Go down

Season ending top Northern 5?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1