HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Steve Rides For Cancer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

PostSubject: Steve Rides For Cancer   Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:29 am

On June 16-17, 2012 I will be setting aside my basketball and jumping on a road bike in the quest of fitness and raising money for a worthy cause.

I will be riding from Surrey to Seattle in The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer®. Yes, the big man will be on a bike. This will be my first bike endurance event. Actually it may be my first endurance event of any type! Many might wonder why I am doing this.

Not only is it a personal challenge for me, but I have committed to train and raise money for the BC Cancer Foundation. The money I raise from The Ride will benefit The Campbell Family Institute at The Princess Margaret, one of the top 5 cancer research centers in the world.

I have committed to raise $2500. Please support my race for the cure by donating. Hopefully I will also become more fit in the process. Smile

Follow the link at the bottom to visit my personal page and learn more about my commitment to end this devastating disease.

Afterwards, I hope you’ll choose to share this incredible adventure with me by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.

Thank you in advance for your generosity!

Steve Anderson
Southridge Basketball

My Personal Page

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
Steve Rides For Cancer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1