HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

AA GALS PREDICTIONS FOR THIS WEEKEND?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
celtic

PostSubject: AA GALS PREDICTIONS FOR THIS WEEKEND?   Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:54 am

What's everyone predicting to happen this weekend? With SV & HCS out, are there anymore upsets going to happen? Can RNS shut down the twin towers from TV? Will Veysey have an answer for Gillis if they meet? Your comments?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: AA GALS PREDICTIONS FOR THIS WEEKEND?   Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:49 am

RNS will be a handfull for TV if they can get by Stanley . They played twice this year and split . If TV can stay out of foul trouble , which they have did lately , they will be tuff . However I don't think there is an answer for Gillis . My predictions are DP and TV to move on .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: AA GALS PREDICTIONS FOR THIS WEEKEND?   Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:40 pm

Gillis is a more than solid player for sure but as it has been said before, she is only 1 player. That team has some other decent players but IMO DP would have gone into regionals 4th instead of 1st without her. The same could be said for all of those west teams with the exception of SV. We saw what happened to Hartland without Trecartin on the floor as the same would happen to TV without Goodine. The problem with Gillis is she doesn't get in foul trouble and therefore plays the whole game. GM matches up better with DP than they do TV so don't take anything for granted. Veysey will have a plan but i still have to go with DP to be at AITKEN....just woouldn't surprise me to see GM there either.

If they stay out of foul trouble, TV should sail through to Aitken. There is a bit of a matchup problem between RNS & TV for both teams. RNS will have a hard time gaurding both big girls and will be forced to probably play a smaller, quicker defender on Goodine. TV will have a problem guarding the two guards and penetration may cause foul trouble. If TV pull that 2-3 zone that they love and live with the odd outside shot, they will win this game.

TV vs DP at Aitken?....I have to pick DP for this as bad as i hate to admit it and again, it comes down to only 1 player.....too bad she wouldn't have stayed at FHS so the AAA championship would have been more interesting! Her calm demeanor and pressure experience will likely show at Aitken. Also, i'm not sure how TV will defend them. Possibly a high 2-3 zone or a 1-3-1 or m2m with help from a defender defending the week player on DP?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: AA GALS PREDICTIONS FOR THIS WEEKEND?   Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:21 pm

Not sure GM will beat Caledonia....lost to them eariler this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: AA GALS PREDICTIONS FOR THIS WEEKEND?   Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:26 pm

GM will beat Caledonia
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: AA GALS PREDICTIONS FOR THIS WEEKEND?   Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:30 pm

celtic wrote:
GM will beat Caledonia

I hope you are right....I have a niece playing on the team. They certainly have improved this year...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: AA GALS PREDICTIONS FOR THIS WEEKEND?   Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:53 pm

Hah, funny you say that....Veysey will do that to a team...improve them! I seem to remember at the 1st of the year, there were some people, <not you> on that island who were not too fond of his coaching....haven't seen any posts from those people lately
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: AA GALS PREDICTIONS FOR THIS WEEKEND?   Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:00 pm

Oh, I heard all about it...not sure what the problem was....I heard a few things, but you cannot dismiss his success.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: AA GALS PREDICTIONS FOR THIS WEEKEND?   Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:58 pm

I knew it would be tough......Grand Manan 58, Caledonia 55

In OOOOOOVVVVEEEERRRRTTTIIIMMMEEE.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Once a Warrior...

PostSubject: Re: AA GALS PREDICTIONS FOR THIS WEEKEND?   Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:55 am

Way to go GM!!!!!!!!!! Even sweeter when a small school rules!!!!!!!!! Their is no better ball being played in this province than the southern conference!!!!Kudos also go to JV GM Boys!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: AA GALS PREDICTIONS FOR THIS WEEKEND?   Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:47 pm

I gues the question I posed earlier has been answered past Warrier. Keeping in mind I meant only to spark discussion and not predict an outcome. Confused about the "Karma" comment but I am convinced that McAdam will be ready to compete next year based on the talent off the bench and the exceptional coaching. Well done guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AA GALS PREDICTIONS FOR THIS WEEKEND?   Today at 3:47 am

Back to top Go down

AA GALS PREDICTIONS FOR THIS WEEKEND?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1