HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Pitt Meadows vs Terry Fox

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
And 1

PostSubject: Pitt Meadows vs Terry Fox   Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:58 am

# 2 Pitt vs Fox #5 for the League title as bith teams will be 10 - 0 going into this game at Terry Fox 8:00 start.

Heres how i see the match up :

Bigs- i give the edge to Fox Sclater as he is quicker and more athletic than Severinski
Point- i give the edge to Mitsui from Pitt , tenacios defender that can cause turnovers by the Fox guards
Shooters - Fox small edge as Moss and crooks can light it up fom outside and Pitt has been more inconsistent
Overall Defense - Pitt as they seem to play lower scoring games Blackaby could be the difference
Bench Depth - Fox can go much deeper and keep the tempo high

Should be a big crowd i give this one to Fox by 2

Should be a great game !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketball_101

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Meadows vs Terry Fox   Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:15 pm

It will indeed be a good game! However I must ask, Have you seen Pitt play this year? Not that your analysis is outrageous or anything of the sort. It's just with a comment like "Pitt seems to play in lower scoring games" it sounds as if your going off of information you have seen on here. I could be wrong but that's just the first thing that came to my mind.

I myself have not seen Fox this year so I will not comment on them.

As for Pitt, they are no doubt led by Trevor, Matt and Mitsu. However I believe there depth is better than some may think. I think it's #11 for them off of the bench is a solid player at the point as well as there 6'8 big who comes off the bench, in the games I have been to Goulet usually goes atleast 10 players deep, however the offense comes through Trevor and Matt primarily.

Im going with Pitt by 7 or 8
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Meadows vs Terry Fox   Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:30 pm

Thanks for your comments
I have seen quite a few Pitt games and my comment about low scoring is more about there solid defence. I think that is definately a Pitt strength. I dont think that pitt will go 10 deep off the bench vs Fox ( i maybe wrong ) but what i see is a drop off after about there 6 or 7 guy.As for Fox i have seen about 5 games and find them to be very deep and do play a rotation of about 10 players.Overall( and you may disagree) i think that Fox has more consistent out side shooter which maybe a difference.It will be a great game between 2 very good teams
basketball_101 wrote:
It will indeed be a good game! However I must ask, Have you seen Pitt play this year? Not that your analysis is outrageous or anything of the sort. It's just with a comment like "Pitt seems to play in lower scoring games" it sounds as if your going off of information you have seen on here. I could be wrong but that's just the first thing that came to my mind.

I myself have not seen Fox this year so I will not comment on them.

As for Pitt, they are no doubt led by Trevor, Matt and Mitsu. However I believe there depth is better than some may think. I think it's #11 for them off of the bench is a solid player at the point as well as there 6'8 big who comes off the bench, in the games I have been to Goulet usually goes atleast 10 players deep, however the offense comes through Trevor and Matt primarily.

Im going with Pitt by 7 or 8
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopster

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Meadows vs Terry Fox   Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:26 pm

I have to pick Pitt by 10. Severinski lit it offensively up at the Western Canada Tournament in Kelowna. Pitt's strength
has been on defense this season, but they move the ball well and Trevor can be a very efficient scoring machine. If Trevor has an off game then it will come down to the last shot of the game to determine who wins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ronh_pm

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Meadows vs Terry Fox   Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Just on my way to the game. Pitt always brings out the best in Fox and has not beat them in a couple of years and really this game is more about bragging rights than the Fraser Valley North as both teams will undoubtedly be moving on to the Fraser Valley Championships.

Should be a study of defense today I would suspect. Fox will probably throw some zone at Pitt forcing their shooters to respond while Pitt will be in its standard man to man.

I suspect until Fox zones up the main players will determine the outcome with Sclater and Severinski being the keys on offensive side of the floor while Casey and Hopsan will be key on the defense and whoever comes up with stops without fouls should be in the drivers seat in this one. Once in a zone in it will be up to the Pitt perimeter players and if they can hang with Moss and Crookes hitting long balls then this one will be close. If Pitt cant hit from deep I dont like thier chances as Fox can match them up inside very well.

I will be tweeting updates @ronh_pm for those that are interested.

Going to be good one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vancouversportsevents.com
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Meadows vs Terry Fox   Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:42 am

Pitt 71 - Fox 68 in overtime!

The game was all the hype and more. Fox was up by 9 at half. Pitt stormed back and went on a big run to lead 52-44 after 3. Fox went to there zone and neutralized Severinski and Blackaby. Fox came back to tie the game. Both teams went back and forth the rest of the way. Fox PG Daniel Collins just barely missed a 3 at the buzzer.

In the OT, once again, back and forth action. Fox was down by 1 with 15 seconds left when a costly turn over forced Fox to foul Blackaby. He calmly drained both free throws. an Alex Nesterenko 3 from half court at the buzzer hit backboard and iron but the hail mary did not go in. 71-68 Pitt the final!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Meadows vs Terry Fox   Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:35 am

WOW !!!!! doesnt get better than that game .....Rematch next Friday at Pitt

mikeyb wrote:
Pitt 71 - Fox 68 in overtime!

The game was all the hype and more. Fox was up by 9 at half. Pitt stormed back and went on a big run to lead 52-44 after 3. Fox went to there zone and neutralized Severinski and Blackaby. Fox came back to tie the game. Both teams went back and forth the rest of the way. Fox PG Daniel Collins just barely missed a 3 at the buzzer.

In the OT, once again, back and forth action. Fox was down by 1 with 15 seconds left when a costly turn over forced Fox to foul Blackaby. He calmly drained both free throws. an Alex Nesterenko 3 from half court at the buzzer hit backboard and iron but the hail mary did not go in. 71-68 Pitt the final!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ronh_pm

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Meadows vs Terry Fox   Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:28 am

This was a great game to watch. the score does not really indicate the level of defense that both teams played but every point scored tonight was earned; there were very few freebies. I suppose these two teams will meet again in the playoffs next week or two and then off the Valleys where they could well meet again. I cannot see any reason why each game will not be as tight as tonights as the teams match up extremely well and are both very well coached to make the most of the matchups.

Game wrap up on my website

Pitt Meadows wins Fraser Valley North league title in thrilling overtime win over Terry Fox

and pictures to follow.

Grab a friend and get out to a game folks! It's playoffs and in a little more than a month from now it will all be over so enjoy it while you can!
Back to top Go down
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Meadows vs Terry Fox   Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:36 am

Awesome job Ron !!!!!Thank you for your support of high school sports

ronh_pm wrote:
This was a great game to watch. the score does not really indicate the level of defense that both teams played but every point scored tonight was earned; there were very few freebies. I suppose these two teams will meet again in the playoffs next week or two and then off the Valleys where they could well meet again. I cannot see any reason why each game will not be as tight as tonights as the teams match up extremely well and are both very well coached to make the most of the matchups.

Pitt Meadows wins Fraser Valley North league title in thrilling overtime win over Terry Fox

and pictures to follow.

Grab a friend and get out to a game folks! It's playoffs and in a little more than a month from now it will all be over so enjoy it while you can!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ronh_pm

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Meadows vs Terry Fox   Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:50 pm

And 1 wrote:
Awesome job Ron !!!!!Thank you for your support of high school sports

ronh_pm wrote:

and pictures to follow.

Thanks..I just really love the game and believe that the kids, coaches and volunteers who give so much of thier time and efforts deserve some recognition for thier efforts.

And speaking of recognition, you absolutely have to take your hat off to the entire Terry Fox organization for how they handle themselves before and after the opening and closing buzzers on any given game night.

At last nights game, seniors night, they took a few moments before the game to present Coach Goulet a card reconizing his achievements, including his recent induction into the BC Basketball Hall of Fame. They then singled out and recognized their staff and minor officials with flowers and thanks for all thier time and efforts.

Included in the honorees was long time Terry Fox volunteer Ernie Vickers. After listening to his acheivements in community service throughout the lower mainland in efforts such as assisting with homelessness, food banks, and many other charitable organizations, I felt humbled to have met him; truly a person who quietly goes about his business of trying to make the world a better place.

Fox then took a few moments to introduce thier grads, as well as the grade 12 Pitt Meadows players and with that the game began as they would wait till after the game to individually recognize both the senior girls and boys.

I stayed for some of the ceremonies that were held after the game as the coaches spoke and recapped their seasons and it became obvious to me why Terry Fox was so successful at sports of all sorts. Thier "team" is not only what hits the field or hardwood, it is a group, starting the principals office and working it's way all the way down to the score clock operator and floor sweepers that understand that giving back is truly the most rewarding feeling a person can have.

A little sappy I suppose, but I get this feeling eveytime I leave thier gym; and it feels good.

Back to top Go down
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Meadows vs Terry Fox   Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:30 pm

Rematch game # 2 8:15 Feb 17th at Pitt ...Could be a classic !!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pitt Meadows vs Terry Fox   Today at 8:56 pm

Back to top Go down

Pitt Meadows vs Terry Fox
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1