HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Anyone have word yet on the other Single A Boys Regional games that are to be played today?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:52 pm

so typical single a stuff. go watch aaa to see how it's done
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i9h0w

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:59 pm

'A' Boys - 67 Belleisle Regional High School - 51 Caledonia Regional High School
'A' Boys - 51 École Carrefour Beausoleil - 72 Petitcodiac Regional School

So Petitcodiac vs Belleisle for 1st and 2nd.
ECB vs Caledonia for 3rd and 4th

Sectionals:

Harvey:

1 Harvey vs 4 ECB or Caledonia
2 Petitcodiac or Belleisle vs 3 Grand Manan

Petitcodiac or Belleisle:

1 Petitcodiac or Belleisle vs 4 McAdam
2 Devon Park vs ECB or Caledonia

Should be another good weekend of excellent basketball!

Last edited by i9h0w on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:05 pm

i9h0w wrote:
'A' Boys - 67 Belleisle Regional High School - 51 Caledonia Regional High School
'A' Boys - 51 École Carrefour Beausoleil - 72 Petitcodiac Regional School

So Petitcodiac vs Belleisle for 1st and 2nd.
ECB vs Caledonia for 3rd and 4th

Awesome thanks for the update Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dont blame the refs

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:18 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
dont blame the refs wrote:
I'm going to take this in a different direction. I know we are talking Upsets as in a lower ranked team taking out a higher ranked team but I'm going to switch it up. What upset me most about Sectionals? The lack of respect that was shown towards players and officials. I'm not going to touch the lack of respect for officials because I guess that comes with the territory of reffing and apparently you can cost a team 35-40 points over the course of a game. But I was at a sectional watching high school kids play their hearts out and working their butts off and a kid shot a ball and missed completely. The opposing teams fans rained down with "AIR BALL AIR BALL AIR BALL". This happened numerous times during the sectional and the sad thing about this is it wasn't high school aged fans who don't know better, it was 40 and 50 year old fans. To me that is pathetic. Our older fans need to be an example and teach better sportsmanship than that. These are high school student athletes not NBA players. Let's not lose sight of this fact.

Sour grapes make bad wine...........

Actually wine is sour grapes. The grapes ferment (sour) and it is what makes the grape juice into wine. So really sour grapes make good wine because sour grapes make all wine. Anyways besides the point, the better team won and that's all that matters and I'm proud of the way the players conducted themselves. Yes it was a chippy and physical game with both teams doing everything they can to win. Players did great but we (both sides just so we are clear. I never pointed a finger at either fan base because both had poor sportsmanship) as a fan base did a very poor job representing our schools and communities. That's my 2 cents. I didn't realize a topic like sportsmanship would cause such a stir.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dont blame the refs

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:22 pm

student wrote:

Yeah we all should go watch AAA basketball because, lets be honest with ourselves, nobody else does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:25 pm

dont blame the refs wrote:
student wrote:

Yeah we all should go watch AAA basketball because, lets be honest with ourselves, nobody else does.
I like to watch it when my favorite A team is playing and beating far larger schools.
Back to top Go down
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:58 pm

People can dispespect "A" schools if they want, it's up to them. Of course the best AAA teams will be stronger than the best A schools, but A schools are more about the community. Usually, the entire community knows every single player on the team, as well as knowing their families. More often than not, a Single A basketball team will be the only team that a smaller school has operating at that time, so it it what everybody is talking about, and are passionate about. That's why the A championship games at HS will be the highest attended and the have the best atmosphere, and also why we are so passionate about it on here, because we love our teams, the players, our schools and our communities. If you had different forums for A, AA and AAA schools, I am afraid the AAA site would be very silent, but the site about our small schools that we are so faithful to, would be as active as ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celts4

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:52 pm

Belleisle has made it this far the past 3 years. odds are against them but maybe, just maybe, they could pull off an upset Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:02 pm

I don't want to read about what is and is not sportsmanship, what is and is not dirty play, what is and is not an appropriate score to beat someone by, or what is and is not the "right" division for someone to play in.

All these issues we keep coming around to are simply summed up with: "You can't legislate intensity."

No matter what your rules, guidelines and expectations are or are not; they are only as effective as how they impact and are acted upon by the people who care the most.

Just because something bothers you or me in any situation doesn't make it right or wrong. Debating about what we should or shouldn't do in a given situation is moot until someone crosses the line into what they cannot do within the agreed ruled. At that point the most committed winners or whiners or morons all go find loopholes to act how they need to anyway.

Focus on what you can control.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:10 pm

Nice weather we are having......ok another topic change....... Laughing .....anyone have the scores to the boys a ne finals yet???????

Back to top Go down
View user profile
celts4

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:14 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
Nice weather we are having......ok another topic change....... Laughing .....anyone have the scores to the boys a ne finals yet???????

Belleisle 69 Petitcodiac 63 i believe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:37 pm

i only poke the bear to show you guys that you have more in common than you think. well, that plus it's fun. but seriously coach djr is right, too much whining. win the game or lose the game with dignity. and practice
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:41 pm

student wrote:
i only poke the bear to show you guys that you have more in common than you think. well, that plus it's fun. but seriously coach djr is right, too much whining. win the game or lose the game with dignity. and practice

Who was whining again, I forget?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:23 am

CoachDJR wrote:
I don't want to read about what is and is not sportsmanship, what is and is not dirty play, what is and is not an appropriate score to beat someone by, or what is and is not the "right" division for someone to play in.

All these issues we keep coming around to are simply summed up with: "You can't legislate intensity."

No matter what your rules, guidelines and expectations are or are not; they are only as effective as how they impact and are acted upon by the people who care the most.

Just because something bothers you or me in any situation doesn't make it right or wrong. Debating about what we should or shouldn't do in a given situation is moot until someone crosses the line into what they cannot do within the agreed ruled. At that point the most committed winners or whiners or morons all go find loopholes to act how they need to anyway.

Focus on what you can control.

What then....would you like to discuss? I'm just curious. Focus on what you can control? Is this a trick question? You know most of us cannot control a thing with regards to what happens or what will happen. I assume most people that post on here are just fans...nothing more. If you take away the fans passion for the game...I'm not sure what you would have left? An empty forum? Again....what would you like to discuss??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:05 pm

I watched the game where blood was shed, elbows were thrown, steel chairs rained down from the heavens!!!! Oh wait this is high school basketball, your not allowed contact!!!!! Anyone complaining about gettin pushed around or having elbows thrown or whining about fans chanting during free throws,air balls etc... 2 words, MAN UP! Championships aren't won on blame or excuses, its called hard work, adapting to the game!

So get over it, it's basketball, and for god sake have some fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:07 pm

Maripac30 wrote:
Might be being a little picky but Sectionals are next weekend, you were all at Regionals

This was the most favorite thing I've read on here in a long time haha!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ball lover

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:32 pm

in regards to the single a and triple a topic, i used to play single a ball for a while untill i transferred to a triple a school. although i do not play for my new school i am the student manager of a boys team. yes i agree that a ball is about community and they have more fans out to games but they dont have more passion. all basketball players have amazing passion for the game whether they are from a school of 100 people or 2000 people. if you play the game or even watch the game it means you have passion. the team i now sit on the bench with may not get their stands full like my old team does and the fans may not cheer as loud as small community fans do, but the aaa fans are dedicated to the team they are there to watch, there are many fans that dont miss a single home game or any locaaway game and im not just talking about the parents.

the team i manage and the fans that watch them have made it an amazing season for me when i came up from a small school
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Sectional Games Today (Friday February 17, 2012)   Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:28 am

Here are my predictions for today Boys "A"

South/West Sectional (Harvey High)

(1) Harvey vs (4) Caledonia: Harvey by 40+
(2) Grand Manaan vs (3) Petticodiac: GM by 20+

North/East Sectional (Bellisle High)

(1) Bellisle vs (4) McAdam: McAdam by 10+
(2) Devon Park vs (3) ECB: Devon park by 20+

Light south/east wind (11 Km) makes for a smooth ride over today.

Back to top Go down
Dug Sea

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:17 am

[quote="boatcaptain"]Here are my predictions for today Boys "A"

[/qu

What kind of "Boat Captain" gives their windspeed forecast in KM?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:20 am

Dug:

It's easier for the land lubbers to understand.

Aside from that do you have any comments on my predictions?
Back to top Go down
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:23 am

[quote="Dug Sea"]
boatcaptain wrote:
Here are my predictions for today Boys "A"

[/qu

What kind of "Boat Captain" gives their windspeed forecast in KM?

He was trying to dumb it down for us land lubbers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Dug Sea

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:25 am

boatcaptain wrote:
Dug:

Hope your predictions for today are correct. I think your picks are the ones who deserve to be in the final four, but I am afraid the GM game could be closer than 20.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 am

boatcaptain wrote:
Dug:

I swear your post wasn't there when I typed mine....lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:33 am

Dug

I have watched both teams and will say the 20 point margin is very conservative. GM is a very well rounded team this year, you can't go 8-2 in the south and be anything else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals   Today at 8:52 pm

Back to top Go down

Pick your biggest Upset of Sectionals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next