HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Single 'A' scores...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:28 am

Coachmac wrote:
39forever wrote:
Every game today in "A" boys and girls had the favoured team winning (don't know if Minto Girls winning would be classed as a major upset). There will be some great games tomorrow!

Girls - GM vs TV - GM by 30
- JC vs Harvey - Harvey will put up a great fight, but I think they will come up just short
- Stanley vs Petti - Petti upsets Stanley on home court by 11
- Caledonia vs Minto - Caledonia by 40

Boys - DP vs GM - a bit biased perhaps, GM by 1
- Harvey vs McAdam - revenge game, Harvey by 1
- Belleisles vs Caledonia - Cal by 1
- ECB vs Petti - Petti by 20
Some games postphoned til Monday due to the storm

All games are supposed to be cancelled until Monday. I was told at 1pm on Friday we weren't allowed to travel on Saturday and no one else would be, either.
Doesn't make much sense to send the teams home from GM today and to bring them back again on Monday, they are already here. Pretty sure it's only the tourny's in district 2 that are posthoned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:29 am

39forever wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
39forever wrote:
Every game today in "A" boys and girls had the favoured team winning (don't know if Minto Girls winning would be classed as a major upset). There will be some great games tomorrow!

- JC vs Harvey - Harvey will put up a great fight, but I think they will come up just short

All games are supposed to be cancelled until Monday. I was told at 1pm on Friday we weren't allowed to travel on Saturday and no one else would be, either.
Doesn't make much sense to send the teams home from GM today and to bring them back again on Monday, they are already here. Pretty sure it's only the tourny's in district 2 that are posthoned.

Hampton was told they had to shut their tournament down too. We were prepared to sleep over, last night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:33 am

Coachmac wrote:
39forever wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
39forever wrote:

Hampton was told they had to shut their tournament down too. We were prepared to sleep over, last night.
Yea, that's the JV tournements, not the same rules for the Varsity tournies apparently, only the AAA girls at KV, the AAA boys in Riverview and the A boys in Belleisles are postphoned, as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:36 am

39forever wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
39forever wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
39forever wrote:

Yea, that's the JV tournements, not the same rules for the Varsity tournies apparently, only the AAA girls at KV, the AAA boys in Riverview and the A boys in Belleisles are postphoned, as far as I know.

We aren't a JV team. When she told us we weren't allowed to play, today, she said NBIAA cancelled all games, today. I have not verified that info.
Back to top Go down
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:46 am

Coachmac wrote:
39forever wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
39forever wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
39forever wrote:

We aren't a JV team. When she told us we weren't allowed to play, today, she said NBIAA cancelled all games, today. I have not verified that info.
Oh.....I beg to differ. Bahahahaha...just like shooting fish in a barrel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:47 am

Coachmac wrote:
39forever wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
39forever wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
39forever wrote:

Sorry, I did not know what tourny you are at, don't see it posted anywhere. All I know is that the cancelled tournies are posted on the NBIAA site, been talking to people at the Devon Park tournament and the GM tournament, those games are still on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:48 am

DC, shouldn't you be to bed right now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:58 am

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
39forever wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
39forever wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
39forever wrote:

Oh.....I beg to differ. Bahahahaha...just like shooting fish in a barrel.

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:46 am

If you look at the NBIAA site it shows you which games are cancelled for today and which ones are still on
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:21 am

DP 19 GM 9 after 1st all matt harrington, GM dying by the 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:43 am

40-21 halftime for devon park, matt harrington is a one man wrecking crew and grand manan can't keep up defensively.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i9h0w

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:58 am

'A' Boys - 71 Devon Park - 47 Grand Manan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:16 am

GM girls over TV by 30 something...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:02 pm

JC girls up 42- 13 at half time over Harvey. Ouch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:29 pm

Last year there were a bunch of sites that had live feeds....no one did it this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:35 pm

Final 68-30 JC over Harvey. wow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Wow is right. Harvey must have had injury trouble. JC isn't that good.
Maybe it was poor reffing...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Well, that or the gym was to small. That would do it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:46 pm

66-42 harvey over mcadam. From waht I understand Gabe was off and Moffit didnt play very much. Heard two different things. one, that moffit may have been hurt. two, Mcadam didn't wanna win?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
i9h0w

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:58 pm

ThePhoenix wrote:
66-42 harvey over mcadam. From waht I understand Gabe was off and Moffit didnt play very much. Heard two different things. one, that moffit may have been hurt. two, Mcadam didn't wanna win?

Moffit didn't seem to be himself when he was playing. I know he took a few hard hits last night, and came up limping afterwards. The not wanting to win, no comment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huios30

PostSubject: John Caldwell over Harvey ('A' Girls)   Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:12 pm

"Wow is right. Harvey must have had injury trouble. JC isn't that good.
Maybe it was poor reffing..."

I was told by a reliable source at that game, that there were two factors that did Harvey in:

1. Harvey could not put the ball in the hoop at the beginning of the game. JC jumped out to a 15-0 lead. Harvey also only scored 2 points in the Quarter two. They simply could not convert/finish/make shots.

2. JC played a very aggressive game. Two of Harvey's girls were injured, but only temporarily, this did take the wind out of their sail and they just shriveled up and took a beating.

3. I know the refs at that tournament and I would be very, very surprised if the referees were a factor at all in this tournament.

GM vs. JC to see if GM sleeps in their own beds next week, and if everyone else comes to them. If not, GM will be on the boat to somewhere.

Maybe someone who was there can verify/confirm what I have written. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:20 pm

Huios30 wrote:
"Wow is right. Harvey must have had injury trouble. JC isn't that good.
Maybe it was poor reffing..."

I was told by a reliable source at that game, that there were two factors that did Harvey in:

1. Harvey could not put the ball in the hoop at the beginning of the game. JC jumped out to a 15-0 lead. Harvey also only scored 2 points in the Quarter two. They simply could not convert/finish/make shots.

2. JC played a very aggressive game. Two of Harvey's girls were injured, but only temporarily, this did take the wind out of their sail and they just shriveled up and took a beating.

3. I know the refs at that tournament and I would be very, very surprised if the referees were a factor at all in this tournament.

GM vs. JC to see if GM sleeps in their own beds next week, and if everyone else comes to them. If not, GM will be on the boat to somewhere.

Maybe someone who was there can verify/confirm what I have written. Thanks.

Accurate analysis of the JC/Harvey game. Harvey just couldn't put it in the net. Reffing was great, has been all weekend. As it played out, the 2 best teams are in the final as it should be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:36 pm

There is also that weird dynamic you have in Sat. games at Regionals. If you are playing the the semi's it not win and move on lose and go home. If you lose you've got another game in a few hours to finish determine seeding. In a win or go home scenario when you get down early you will pull out all the stops to get the win. In a situation like day two of regionals a lot of coaches will start to weigh the chances of coming back, vs injuries/ risk for next weekend or even the next game. Start determining how much they want in the tank if they win or lose that game. For Harvey losing that one by 30 or 1 really doesn't change the next situation for them, except how much they would have put in effort wise to come back from an early hole to get it to a 1 or two possession game late.

A bunch of factors that can complicate a coach's or players mindset during a game like that. GM vs JCS should be a great game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:46 pm

Girls - Stanley 78 Petitcodiac 57

I'm surprised.
Back to top Go down
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:39 pm

Moffit has a sprained ankle, they rested him for next weekend. Halftime 29-20 DP leads harvey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Today at 3:22 pm

Back to top Go down

Single 'A' scores...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next