HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Single 'A' scores...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:05 pm

41-41 DP and harvey going into the 4th! Great game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:34 pm

DP and Harvey going to OT 57-57
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:46 pm

Grand Manan girls beat John Caldwell by 10, a great game, JC was up by 6 midway through the 4th, Breakers battled back with some gutsy play. GM will host next weekend with TV being the #3 seed, and Stanley and Minto will join them. JC will head to Caledonia with Harvey to join the host team and Petti. I will be very surprised if Harbour Station isn't a rematch of the final today on Grand Manan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:56 pm

Harvey beats DP 67-65 in OT, MVP should be number 8 on harvey, tenacious D!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:03 pm

39forever wrote:
Grand Manan girls beat John Caldwell by 10, a great game, JC was up by 6 midway through the 4th, Breakers battled back with some gutsy play. GM will host next weekend with TV being the #3 seed, and Stanley and Minto will join them. JC will head to Caledonia with Harvey to join the host team and Petti. I will be very surprised if Harbour Station isn't a rematch of the final today on Grand Manan.

Good news.....never count your chickens, but next weekend looks like a cakewalk for GM. Looks like one weak sectional and one strong one, IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:20 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
Harvey beats DP 67-65 in OT, MVP should be number 8 on harvey, tenacious D!!!
Wow...DP blew a 9 point halftime lead....maybe the gym was too big, or maybe bad reffing....that could have been it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huios30

PostSubject: Grand Manan vs. John Caldwell   Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:26 pm

I hear the 'A' game between GM / JC could've gone either way. I also hear these are two evenly matched teams, that are going to play a great game should they meet again. This is the very likely Harbour Station Final?

Is it true that JC dominated the boards on GM in this game and JC missed a number of buckets they usually make?

I'm betting GM and JC will have huge turnouts at Harbour Station. The 'A' game is always one of my favorites.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Huios30 wrote:
I hear the 'A' game between GM / JC could've gone either way. I also hear these are two evenly matched teams, that are going to play a great game should they meet again. This is the very likely Harbour Station Final?

Is it true that JC dominated the boards on GM in this game and JC missed a number of buckets they usually make?

I'm betting GM and JC will have huge turnouts at Harbour Station. The 'A' game is always one of my favorites.

Both girls team at GM missed alot of easy shots they should have made, JC had the game in control with a 6 point lead and 5 min left, but GM proved to be too much for them on both ends of the floor. Grand Manan was able to pull out the win while not exhausting their starters, Jess Brown and Kim Wilson were able to get plenty of rest throughout the game, which left them fresh for the end, Sharpe's ability to go 4 deep into the bench was a big factor.
As far as the boards go, I honestly wouldn't say that either team dominated the boards at all, both teams gave u some weak boards and scored some easy put backs. Truly an entertaining game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
We talkin bout practice

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:38 pm

[/quote] Wow...DP blew a 9 point halftime lead....maybe the gym was too big, or maybe bad reffing....that could have been it.[/quote]

OR my dear islanders perhaps the outcome of a game my have been determined by the players rather than the Refs or the gym or the current lunar phase. I CANT STAND those who blame a game on refs or gyms (unless they are booby trapped) . The team that put the ball in the hoop the most wins a game and there have only been a handful of games I have ever seen desided by the ref or gym (St mary's vs G.M in aikent center a few years back). PLEASE stop filling the forum with whining because your team lost and you need a scap goat. Mad props to Havey for pulling off a HUGE win and looking forward to a good game next week against G.M.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:41 pm

We talkin bout practice wrote:
Wow...DP blew a 9 point halftime lead....maybe the gym was too big, or maybe bad reffing....that could have been it.[/quote]

OR my dear islanders perhaps the outcome of a game my have been determined by the players rather than the Refs or the gym or the current lunar phase. I CANT STAND those who blame a game on refs or gyms (unless they are booby trapped) . The team that put the ball in the hoop the most wins a game and there have only been a handful of games I have ever seen desided by the ref or gym (St mary's vs G.M in aikent center a few years back). PLEASE stop filling the forum with whining because your team lost and you need a scap goat. Mad props to Havey for pulling off a HUGE win and looking forward to a good game next week against G.M.

[/quote]
Make sure you clarify what islanders you are talking about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
We talkin bout practice

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:51 pm

quote] Wow...DP blew a 9 point halftime lead....maybe the gym was too big, or maybe bad reffing....that could have been it.[/quote]

[/quote]
Make sure you clarify what islanders you are talking about.[/quote]

Haha my apologies 39. I think we all know which island I speak of, but Mr. gm breaker also fits this messages target audience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:53 pm

I Must say, I think I witnessed possibly the wierdest thing I have ever seen In a high school basketball game

I was watching Harvey High Lakers play the DPCS Eagles and during the game, one of the coaches was all the way infront of the other teams bench and was yelling right infront of the other teams coach!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:32 am

ThePhoenix wrote:
I Must say, I think I witnessed possibly the wierdest thing I have ever seen In a high school basketball game

I was watching Harvey High Lakers play the DPCS Eagles and during the game, one of the coaches was all the way infront of the other teams bench and was yelling right infront of the other teams coach!

My guess it was Harvey's coach, just a guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:18 am

It was Dave yes, but he was yelling at the timekeeper for a timeout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:24 pm

No, the timeout was later and he didnt come down near as far
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballfreak

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:31 pm

ya he wasnt yelling at the other coach, he was yelling for the timeout becuase the scorekeepers wernt paying attention
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i9h0w

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:46 pm

lakerforlife wrote:
ya he wasnt yelling at the other coach, he was yelling for the timeout becuase the scorekeepers wernt paying attention

If only it was in the smaller DP gym, the scorekeepers would of heard him sooner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single 'A' scores...   Today at 4:48 pm

Back to top Go down

Single 'A' scores...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3