HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ReversePivot

PostSubject: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:17 am

Let's give the predicting a go...

Northeast AAA Girls - Riverview over (not close)
Southwest AAA Girls - FHS over St. Macs (same as above)

Northeast AAA Boys - Riverview over KV (double digits)
Southwest AAA Boys - FHS over Monct (again...same as above)

Northeast AA Girls - RNS over Tantramar (by Cool
Southwest AA Girls - Rothesay over JMA (not close)

Northeast AA Boys - Sugarloaf over Woodstock (by 6)
Southwest AA Boys - St. Stephen over Rothesay (by 15)

Northeast A Girls - JC over Caledonia (one possession)
Southwest A Girls - GM over TV (not close)

Northeast A Boys - Devon Park over McAdam (double digits)
Southwest A Boys - GM over Harvey (one possession)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Sectional Finals   Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:00 am

Northeast AAA girls - Riverview over Leo Hayes by 18.
Northeast AAA Boys - Riverview over KV by 12.

Southwest AAA girls - FHS over BMHS by 24.
Southwest AAA boys - FHS over Moncton by 14.

Northeast AA girls - Tantramar over RNS by 6.
Northeast AA Boys - Woodstock over Sugarloaf by 3 in overtime. (Game of the weekend).

Southwest AA girls - Rothesay over SVHS by 12.
Southwest AA boys - St. Stephen over Rothesay by 16.

Northeasy A boys - DP over Mcadam by 18.
Northeast A girls - Caledonia over JC by 1.

Southwest A girls - GM over Stanley by 28.
Southwest A boys - Harvey over GM by 11.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:27 am

CoachDJR wrote:
Northeast AAA girls - Riverview over Leo Hayes by 18.
Northeast AAA Boys - Riverview over KV by 12.

Southwest AAA girls - FHS over BMHS by 24.
Southwest AAA boys - FHS over Moncton by 14.

Northeast AA girls - Tantramar over RNS by 6.
Northeast AA Boys - Woodstock over Sugarloaf by 3 in overtime. (Game of the weekend).

Southwest AA girls - Rothesay over SVHS by 12.
Southwest AA boys - St. Stephen over Rothesay by 16.

Northeasy A boys - DP over Mcadam by 18.
Northeast A girls - Caledonia over JC by 1.

Southwest A girls - GM over Stanley by 28.
Southwest A boys - Harvey over GM by 11.

Northeast A girls - I'm still going with Petty over Caledonia
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
collegecoach

PostSubject: Live streaming this weekend?   Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:53 pm

Does anybody know if there is going to be live streaming of the games in Bellisle this weekend?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:54 pm

A boys will be a rematch of last year, Harvey vs Devon Park, GM might sneak in but I'm counting Mcadam out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fanofbball

PostSubject: Subject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station    Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Coachmac, Peti will have to go through John Caldwell first before even playing Caledonia (assuming they will beat Harvey) in the final. Guess you are predicting Peti at Harbour Station??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celts4

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:44 pm

collegecoach wrote:
Does anybody know if there is going to be live streaming of the games in Bellisle this weekend?

If i remember Belleisle, and I do, they most definately won't have live streaming lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:26 pm

fanofbball wrote:
Coachmac, Peti will have to go through John Caldwell first before even playing Caledonia (assuming they will beat Harvey) in the final. Guess you are predicting Peti at Harbour Station??

Although JC is pretty much a JV team I feel they will advance past them all in the NE sectional. GM will be in waiting by the looks of the competition in their sectional.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:05 pm

fanofbball wrote:

That is what I am predicting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Coachmac wrote:
fanofbball wrote:

That is what I am predicting.

I am going to disagree Mac, not that that means anything, I think JC will dismantle Petti, by 20+, I would guarantee it, but that wouldn't mean anything either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:43 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
A boys will be a rematch of last year, Harvey vs Devon Park, GM might sneak in but I'm counting Mcadam out.

don't count the warriors out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:14 pm

GM should have 'lost' to McAdam....sending McAdam to Harvey...there has been one team that has had Harvey's number....yeah, McAdam. However, GM doesn't play that way....we play to win.

'A' Girls - GM over TV by 23, JC over Caledonia by 7
'A' Boys - DP over McAdam by 11, Harvey over Petitcodiac by 16

Here is hoping that there are some goods games this weekend...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:11 pm

Are you serious Doug? You think McAdam lost on purpose?? Give me a gd break. If anyone wants to see what Doug looks like just google "dumbass" and there is a picture of him. BTW how did Grand Manan only beat McAdam in overtime without Moffitt and Carmichael? Hmmm, makes you wonder...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:46 pm

Rudas wrote:
Are you serious Doug? You think McAdam lost on purpose?? Give me a gd break. If anyone wants to see what Doug looks like just google "dumbass" and there is a picture of him. BTW how did Grand Manan only beat McAdam in overtime without Moffitt and Carmichael? Hmmm, makes you wonder...

I can't believe I am going to do this but......I have to defend GM Breaker here affraid ...... he isn't saying McAdam lost on purpose , he is saying it may have been in GM best interest to have McAdam play Harvey as they have beat Harvey (although the season record between them is 3-3) and I think Grand Manan showed some class by getting their bench players in the game and I am pretty sure no one was playing to lose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:00 pm

McAdam didn't lose on purpose, Moffitt was hurt and didnt play much or well when he did, they lost, end of story. If you are getting upset with Breaker, congrats, you are giving him what he wants! Do you really believe he thinks his boys arent gonna make the top 4? I've been around long enough to understand,if it's possible, how to take Breaker haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dug Sea

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:23 pm

Rudas wrote:

You need a little work on reading comprehension. What Beaker is saying is McAdam has had Harveys # all season and if they were scheduled to meet this weekend that would surely be the end of Harvey's season, and what would be any better than that.

That was mean what you said to Breaker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:50 pm

I have seen Petti play 3 games and GM play 3 games this season. I will predict GM will play Harvey Saturday.

GM over Petti by 26+

(There was a Petti player ejected from the ECB/Petti game Monday, any word on the repercussions of this)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:04 pm

ThePhoenix wrote:
I have seen Petti play 3 games and GM play 3 games this season. I will predict GM will play Harvey Saturday.

GM over Petti by 26+

(There was a Petti player ejected from the ECB/Petti game Monday, any word on the repercussions of this)

Had to sit out the final vs Belleisle...probably the reason as to why Petty is not hosting. But not taking anything away from Belleisle. Players should have self control when alot is at stake;. The lack of discipline cost Petty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:43 am

Dug Sea wrote:
Rudas wrote:

You need a little work on reading comprehension. What Beaker is saying is McAdam has had Harveys # all season and if they were scheduled to meet this weekend that would surely be the end of Harvey's season, and what would be any better than that.

#'s McAdam has Harvey's number, GM has McAdam's number, Harvey has GM's number. Crap shoot for the most part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:26 am

Metta Peace wrote:
Dug Sea wrote:
Rudas wrote:

#'s McAdam has Harvey's number, GM has McAdam's number, Harvey has GM's number. Crap shoot for the most part.

and Harvey has Devon Parks #
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:26 am

Watching 2 teams playing each other with both sides trying to lose can be entertaining kinda like playing reverse cribbage. First one to peg out loses. NOT!! NBIAA needs to change the rules for the 3rd place game at regionals. Let the winning team decide which side of the province they want to go too. This would put an end to it. Please feel free to tell me why this would'nt work???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:02 am

BumptheCutter wrote:
Watching 2 teams playing each other with both sides trying to lose can be entertaining kinda like playing reverse cribbage. First one to peg out loses. NOT!! NBIAA needs to change the rules for the 3rd place game at regionals. Let the winning team decide which side of the province they want to go too. This would put an end to it. Please feel free to tell me why this would'nt work???

It would...great idea!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:07 am

BumptheCutter wrote:

Not opposed to this idea.

I'm not sure it is a huge problem though as is.

Only real problem I would see be why does 3 get to choose? 2 May have beaten them and finishes ahead but they don't get to choose? Why doesn't #1 get to decide who they want to play? If I'm #2 on the other side I don't want #3 on the other deciding where I go. Everyone suddenly should get to pick and choose? The purpose of the seeding games is supposed to be to rank teams so they can matchup with the ranked teams on the other side. Not to pick and choose who you want to play or where you want to go. That seems like a lot of gamesmanship for high school sports.

FYI Bumpingcutters is a POE for officials across Canada this year and excessive bumping is supposed to be a foul. Don't worry about it though Im sure I haven't seen it called yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:26 am

CoachDJR wrote:
BumptheCutter wrote:

Not opposed to this idea.

I'm not sure it is a huge problem though as is.

Only real problem I would see be why does 3 get to choose? 2 May have beaten them and finishes ahead but they don't get to choose? Why doesn't #1 get to decide who they want to play? If I'm #2 on the other side I don't want #3 on the other deciding where I go. Everyone suddenly should get to pick and choose? The purpose of the seeding games is supposed to be to rank teams so they can matchup with the ranked teams on the other side. Not to pick and choose who you want to play or where you want to go. That seems like a lot of gamesmanship for high school sports.

FYI Bumpingcutters is a POE for officials across Canada this year and excessive bumping is supposed to be a foul. Don't worry about it though Im sure I haven't seen it called yet.

You are right, why wouldn't higher teams get to decide. The fact is, it only seems to be a problem in the 3/4 game. The way I thot it would work is, the winner of the 3/ 4 game would get to choose, stay #3 in the tourny they are in, or # 4 in the tourny of the other side, can't just have a strait across switch, that penalizes the other #3 seed. It may force a #4 seed to go somewhere else, but that's part of your problem if you finish 4th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:06 pm

NBIAA would have to be creative to to solve this problem. This seems to happen every year. I just don't like the fact that teams play to lose to avoid another team. It's not only a single A problem it happens at all three levels, boys and girls. I beleive what Hermie Edwards said "PLAY TO WIN THE GAME"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Today at 1:52 am

Back to top Go down

Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next