HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:48 pm

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
39forever wrote:
GM girls won, GM boys lost...predictable I guess. Not sure of the girls score, I think the boys lost 76-68...or something like that.

It was more like 20, 95 - 75, something like that.

Really? You better have a chat with your brother-in-law...I'm sure he posted 76-68....but I could be wrong.
It was around 9 point difference,76-68 sounds about right.
Back to top Go down
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Lefty wrote:
39forever wrote:
GM girls won, GM boys lost...predictable I guess. Not sure of the girls score, I think the boys lost 76-68...or something like that.

It was more like 20, 95 - 75, something like that.

Really? You better have a chat with your brother-in-law...I'm sure he posted 76-68....but I could be wrong.
It was around 9 point difference,76-68 sounds about right.

Once again, I was consumed with the girls game, thot you were talking about the GM girls game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CN83

PostSubject: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:47 pm

JC lost to Cal last March by 10+ but won today by 30 +, what's up, thought it would be a tighter game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball111

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:09 pm

CN83 wrote:
JC lost to Cal last March by 10+ but won today by 30 +, what's up, thought it would be a tighter game.

Last edited by bball111 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
de96

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:10 pm

thought jcs was too young? mhhhhh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:25 pm

de96 wrote:
thought jcs was too young? mhhhhh
Everybody knows they are young, only 3 players over grade 10, best player in grade 9. I don't know if anybody thinks they are too young, I know I don't. The GM girls should have an edge with experience, but hot shooting, injuries, crazed fans.....there are a lot of factors that can play in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:29 pm

JC should be able to handle GM. They had them beat last weekend in their own gym but had a horrible 4th quarter. Yes they are a JV team, but will win this one and a bunch more in the coming years.

And, Mr. Brown......they will be able to guard your daughter in this game. Maybe you should have waited a weekend before challenging the grade 9 kid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:57 am

CN83 wrote:

They must have listened to DJR...don't whine, get better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:25 am

baller24 wrote:
JC should be able to handle GM. They had them beat last weekend in their own gym but had a horrible 4th quarter. Yes they are a JV team, but will win this one and a bunch more in the coming years.

And, Mr. Brown......they will be able to guard your daughter in this game. Maybe you should have waited a weekend before challenging the grade 9 kid.

I have watched both of these teams play a bunch of times this year and while I think JC will give Grand Manan a good game, I see GM winning.John Caldwell relies on outside shooting a fair amount, and that can be tough in the big arena.Brown was getting to the net almost whenever she wanted in Regional final, and I think points in the paint will win this one. GM by 12.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Brown

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:53 am

"And, Mr. Brown......they will be able to guard your daughter in this game. Maybe you should have waited a weekend before challenging the grade 9 kid."

Since you called me out, Baller, it warrants a response.

Do you really think that JC lost(or Grand Manan won) because Jess scored 21 points? What about Josie scoring 11? Danny was hurt in the 2nd half? Kim's shot not as deadly as vs. Stanley? It wasn't a match-up that determined that game and I highly doubt any one match up will determine who wins the 'A' Championship.

JC lost. And you know why. That TEAM simply couldn't put the ball in the hole. Lay-up after lay-up and bunny after bunny. You have to make baskets, but you also have to make them while dealing with the crowd, distractions, ferry rides, pressure, etc. This is all part of the experience, Baller. I think they'll grow into it. Who knows maybe it'll be this week.

GM and JC are the two best teams in 'A' ball. Next year, JC will be the force to be reckoned with in 'A' ball, and we all know that. But JC was rattled and not because they are a 'JV team', because they are a good team with a very good coach. But no team in 'A' ball was winning on that court last Saturday night.

When Grand Manan played JC last week, our girls had made up their minds that they were sleeping in their own beds the next weekend. JC was going to Caledonia, not us! There was no next week, Baller, you know that. The only challenge last week was JC, so there was no waiting. You win that game.

But there is Harbour Station this week. The pressure will be much greater than HUNDREDS of us screaming Grand Mananer's and a ferry ride. There will be 1,000+ people and a very big, neutral arena loaded with distractions.

For the record, Jess is only one part of the Breakers. You will have to shut down Josie, Kim, Danny, Chandra, Kerry Lynn Suzanne, Kennedy, Gabby, Azura, Summer, Rachel, Lexi, Ashyln, etc.

IF JC shows up and handles all of the above, I will be the first one to say that they were the better team that day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:04 am

Mr.Brown wrote:
"And, Mr. Brown......they will be able to guard your daughter in this game. Maybe you should have waited a weekend before challenging the grade 9 kid."

Since you called me out, Baller, it warrants a response.

Do you really think that JC lost(or Grand Manan won) because Jess scored 21 points? What about Josie scoring 11? Danny was hurt in the 2nd half? Kim's shot not as deadly as vs. Stanley? It wasn't a match-up that determined that game and I highly doubt any one match up will determine who wins the 'A' Championship.

JC lost. And you know why. That TEAM simply couldn't put the ball in the hole. Lay-up after lay-up and bunny after bunny. You have to make baskets, but you also have to make them while dealing with the crowd, distractions, ferry rides, pressure, etc. This is all part of the experience, Baller. I think they'll grow into it. Who knows maybe it'll be this week.

GM and JC are the two best teams in 'A' ball. Next year, JC will be the force to be reckoned with in 'A' ball, and we all know that. But JC was rattled and not because they are a 'JV team', because they are a good team with a very good coach. But no team in 'A' ball was winning on that court last Saturday night.

When Grand Manan played JC last week, our girls had made up their minds that they were sleeping in their own beds the next weekend. JC was going to Caledonia, not us! There was no next week, Baller, you know that. The only challenge last week was JC, so there was no waiting. You win that game.

But there is Harbour Station this week. The pressure will be much greater than HUNDREDS of us screaming Grand Mananer's and a ferry ride. There will be 1,000+ people and a very big, neutral arena loaded with distractions.

For the record, Jess is only one part of the Breakers. You will have to shut down Josie, Kim, Danny, Chandra, Kerry Lynn Suzanne, Kennedy, Gabby, Azura, Summer, Rachel, Lexi, Ashyln, etc.

IF JC shows up and handles all of the above, I will be the first one to say that they were the better team that day.

That was well said Mr. Brown. You have pointed out the attributes one would expect of a senior laden team with an insiders perspective.
It's impressive when a team makes a decision to be successful and goes out and does what it takes to get it done. I know that as a player I always found it tough to play on GM. That island is hoops crazy and I hope the arena never diminishes the Islanders love of the game.
I wonder if the GM girls will feel any extra pressure being the overwhelming favourite at Harbour Station?
And whats the whole "challenging a grade 9 kid" about?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.Brown

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:55 pm

No matter how excited and passionate this budding rivalry gets, it's high school girl's basketball(I have to remind myself of this), it's been a fun year and it's going to be a memorable experience for the girls from both teams. See ya Friday night.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:23 pm

That was well said Mr. Brown. You have pointed out the attributes one would expect of a senior laden team with an insiders perspective.
It's impressive when a team makes a decision to be successful and goes out and does what it takes to get it done. I know that as a player I always found it tough to play on GM. That island is hoops crazy and I hope the arena never diminishes the Islanders love of the game.
I wonder if the GM girls will feel any extra pressure being the overwhelming favourite at Harbour Station?
And whats the whole "challenging a grade 9 kid" about?[/quote]

I was wondering that too, I didn't see where he challenged Vanessa Dufresne anywhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:11 pm

I would say "you can't guard my daughter" a challenge. Tough spot for GM, they must be feeling the pressure. Lots of seniors, don't want to let the entire island down...

And let's face it, they are only playing a bunch of grade 9/10's. It would be be a tough loss...if it ever happened.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:36 pm

baller24 wrote:
I would say "you can't guard my daughter" a challenge. Tough spot for GM, they must be feeling the pressure. Lots of seniors, don't want to let the entire island down...

And let's face it, they are only playing a bunch of grade 9/10's. It would be be a tough loss...if it ever happened.

I believe you are slightly misquoting Mr. Brown. He didn't say that on here anywhere did he? And if you were talking about something he said during a game (which I think you are because I was standing near him as well), that's not what he said. I believe I said something similar during the game to the GM girls in a cheering state of mind, along the lines of "you girls have got'em now!" or "let's go girls, they can't stop you know!" Fans are very passionate, especially when their kids are involved, we all get wound up, but there wasn't anything inappropriate about any of the cheers. Even the refs here last weekend couldn't stop smiling, the atmosphere, the fans, it was awesome!
I find it funny, and I will still call you "baller24" that you would attempt head games on here with your "pressure" and "tough loss" comments. Head games with the GM girls, really? Didn't think that was how you operated, guess I was wrong.
On the flip side, we faithful Grand Mananers are confident in our team,we believe they will pull it out. However, if they don't we will applaud the JC team, and love our girls just as much, it wouldn't be letting the island down, it's high school basketball, not the Gulf war, they have done our island proud already, we love them and winning is a bonus, just the way it is ........cuz that's how we roll.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Birdman33

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:21 am

39forever wrote:
baller24 wrote:

I believe you are slightly misquoting Mr. Brown. He didn't say that on here anywhere did he? And if you were talking about something he said during a game (which I think you are because I was standing near him as well), that's not what he said. I believe I said something similar during the game to the GM girls in a cheering state of mind, along the lines of "you girls have got'em now!" or "let's go girls, they can't stop you know!" Fans are very passionate, especially when their kids are involved, we all get wound up, but there wasn't anything inappropriate about any of the cheers. Even the refs here last weekend couldn't stop smiling, the atmosphere, the fans, it was awesome!
I find it funny, and I will still call you "baller24" that you would attempt head games on here with your "pressure" and "tough loss" comments. Head games with the GM girls, really? Didn't think that was how you operated, guess I was wrong.
On the flip side, we faithful Grand Mananers are confident in our team,we believe they will pull it out. However, if they don't we will applaud the JC team, and love our girls just as much, it wouldn't be letting the island down, it's high school basketball, not the Gulf war, they have done our island proud already, we love them and winning is a bonus, just the way it is ........cuz that's how we roll.

Good decision 39, never reveal secret identities, they are too hard to confirm:)
I thought the Gulf of Maine was on the other side of the Island?
I can't imagine 'Mr. Brown', '39' or any other parents fans yelling at kids from another school, they must have been cheering for their own girls... And I'm sure Baller is just trying to have a little fun with the people on here who are, obviously, parents of the GM girls.
From all accounts the Friday night, 'A' games, are always the loudest and best attended. Nothing should ruin the kids enjoyment of what is a huge week for them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station   Today at 4:50 pm

Back to top Go down

Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3