HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Kelowna vs. Vancouver College..tonight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pooch

PostSubject: Kelowna vs. Vancouver College..tonight   Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:49 pm

Friday Feb. 17 at 7:00 at VC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: Kelowna vs. Vancouver College..tonight   Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:32 am

VC 88-Kelowna 71.
Obviously VC played very well.
Balanced scoring, tough defence...seem to be getting to the top of their game right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Kelowna vs. Vancouver College..tonight   Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:42 am

Who was Kelowna missing ?

Pooch wrote:
VC 88-Kelowna 71.
Balanced scoring, tough defence...seem to be getting to the top of their game right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: Kelowna vs. Vancouver College..tonight   Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:55 am

Kelowna had their full lineup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox2030

PostSubject: Re: Kelowna vs. Vancouver College..tonight   Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:21 am

And 1 wrote:

Pooch wrote:
VC 88-Kelowna 71.

Bunce played limited minutes as he had the flu. I was also told this was Goodwins first real action since the Western Caanada
as he has had the flu for the last 2 weeks. Tough break for Kelowna, VC played well and deserved the win.
Hopefully all teams are healthy for platoffs, but teams with a deep bench definitely have the advantage when injury or illness roll around.
After watching Kelowna play a few games this year, they need Goodwin and Bunce on their A game as they are not a deep team. VC has Penman, Solomon,
Erickson and Abu that can get things done. VC might be peaking at the right time as they have strugglrd recently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: Re: Kelowna vs. Vancouver College..tonight   Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:17 am

Fox2030 wrote:
And 1 wrote:

Pooch wrote:
VC 88-Kelowna 71.

Bunce played limited minutes as he had the flu. I was also told this was Goodwins first real action since the Western Caanada
as he has had the flu for the last 2 weeks. Tough break for Kelowna, VC played well and deserved the win.
Hopefully all teams are healthy for platoffs, but teams with a deep bench definitely have the advantage when injury or illness roll around.
After watching Kelowna play a few games this year, they need Goodwin and Bunce on their A game as they are not a deep team. VC has Penman, Solomon,
Erickson and Abu that can get things done. VC might be peaking at the right time as they have strugglrd recently.

So much for a full line-up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Kelowna vs. Vancouver College..tonight   Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:30 pm

Thats what i figured..I think Kelowna is making a huge mistake playing these guys at this time of the year.. better hope they all stay safe and healthy leading up to the games that count

Fox2030 wrote:
And 1 wrote:

Pooch wrote:
VC 88-Kelowna 71.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: Kelowna vs. Vancouver College..tonight   Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:31 pm

Thanks for that information, Fox...I wondered why Bunce was taken out fairly early. He did play abut half the game in total, but clearly the game would have been different had he played the whole way and been healthy. Great player and a tough matchup for anyone.
Goodwin to me showed no ill-effects. He played well and hard the whole way. I do think Penman did an excellent job on him and that VC would have been tough to beat on that night anyway. They played exceptionally well and the game was never really close after mid way through the second quarter.
I hope that Evangelista was not hurt too badly when he got injured. It didn't look good and he had a heck of a game. Amazing shooter who now seems to be adding much more to his game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox2030

PostSubject: Re: Kelowna vs. Vancouver College..tonight   Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:42 pm

Pooch wrote:
Thanks for that information, Fox...I wondered why Bunce was taken out fairly early. He did play abut half the game in total, but clearly the game would have been different had he played the whole way and been healthy. Great player and a tough matchup for anyone.
Goodwin to me showed no ill-effects. He played well and hard the whole way. I do think Penman did an excellent job on him and that VC would have been tough to beat on that night anyway. They played exceptionally well and the game was never really close after mid way through the second quarter.
I hope that Evangelista was not hurt too badly when he got injured. It didn't look good and he had a heck of a game. Amazing shooter who now seems to be adding much more to his game.

Penman is definitely a master agitator and gets the little things done. I think if VC shoots the 3 ball over 50%, they are one of 2 teams that can beat a healthy Kelowna team. I would like to see these 2 teams play 1 more time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shoota

PostSubject: Re: Kelowna vs. Vancouver College..tonight   Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:53 pm

Would love to see a rematch when their big guy is fully healthy. Maybe in the provincials?

Saw the Evangelista kid play until he got hurt and went off. I've seen him before and he's a real threat with his shooting. Hopefully he'll be back to help his team.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Kelowna vs. Vancouver College..tonight   Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:20 pm

any update on Evagelista that would be a devastating blow for College if he was out for the Provincials ...Thats always the concern playing an exhibition game during play offs

shoota wrote:
Would love to see a rematch when their big guy is fully healthy. Maybe in the provincials?

Saw the Evangelista kid play until he got hurt and went off. I've seen him before and he's a real threat with his shooting. Hopefully he'll be back to help his team.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shoota

PostSubject: Re: Kelowna vs. Vancouver College..tonight   Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:38 pm

any update on evangelista? if he can't go what are vc's chances. i heard he was an mvp in junior and has been the hear and soul of his team since grade 8. too bad if he can't go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: Kelowna vs. Vancouver College..tonight   Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Fractured ulna...not likely to play again this season.
Tough loss for VC and especially for a kid who has worked extremely hard.
Fingers crossed for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kelowna vs. Vancouver College..tonight   Today at 4:41 am

Back to top Go down

Kelowna vs. Vancouver College..tonight
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1