HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Harbour Station

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Maripac30

PostSubject: Harbour Station   Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:33 pm

According to the NBIAA website, the match ups for next Saturday look like this

A Girls - Grand Manan vs John Caldwell
A Boys - Devon Park vs Harvey

AA Girls - Rothesay vs Rothesay Netherwood
AA Boys - Woodstock vs St Stephen

AAA Girls - Fredericton High vs Riverview
AAA Boys - K.V. vs FHS

Last edited by Maripac30 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhoenix

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Good weekend of basketball, congrats to all the teams who made it to the finals! No easy job!

And as far as next weekend goes:

I got the KV boys and the Riverview girls both winning the AAA by something like 8

I would have to go with Woodstock for the AA boys, that's going to be a close one, could go either way, St. Stephan is pretty good.

For the gals of AA I would imagine Rothesay high wins the battle of the Rothesays by about 15

Then we got Harvey winning by 8 or so over DP.

Im saying John Caldwell takes it for the A girls in the upset this year.

Should be some good games! Can't wait to watch!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Looks like great games.

Other than one potential blowout all these games could go down to the wire. Should be some great basketball.

KV over Riverview @Riverview I would consider a significant upset. What happened there?

Also assuming that FHS beat moncton in AAA boys, the sole NE representative in the Final 12 is Riverview girls? What is going on there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Sense

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Maripac30 wrote:
According to the NBIAA website, the match ups for next Saturday look like this

A Girls - Grand Manan vs John Caldwell
A Boys - Devon Park vs Harvey

AA Girls - Rothesay vs Rothesay Netherwood
AA Boys - Woodstock vs St Stephen

AAA Girls - Fredericton High vs Riverview
AAA Boys - K.V. vs (Moncton or FHS score not posted)

A Girls - Grand Manan by 15+
A Boys - Toss Up...but would have to pick Devon Park in a nailbiter

AA Girls - Rothesay by 15+
AA Boys - St. Stephen by 15+ (should have won by 25 in Regional)

AAA Girls - FHS by 20+ (just too big and talented)
AAA Boys - FHS in a close one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ReversePivot

PostSubject: And the winners are...   Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:38 pm

A Girls - easy choice GM by double digits (20+)
A Boys - a reversal of 2011 with Harvey winning, but only by 8-10

AA Girls - not close Rothesay by 15+
AA Boys - St. Stephen by one possession

AAA Girls - Riverview by 8-10
AAA Boys - FHS in OT

The weekend awaits!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:18 pm

A Girls -
GM over JC by 12 - Great game. GM with too many scorers and too many seniors with their last moment on a big stage. When the best gets taken away and someone needs to make plays hustle or talent GM seems to have the extra.

A Boys -
DP over Harvey by 6. Seems we've been down this road before, not sure I've seen enough this year to pick against the champs in this situation.

AA Girls - This one could be interesting. RHS more superior and athleticism but short bench. RNS greater reserve of big bodies, want to pound inside and win at the free throw line, have been to Harbour Station before. This depends on how the game is called. Tight whistle 10 point game or less game, let kids make skilled plays through contact RHS by 25+ Either way no one in AA has beaten RHS this year and I can't even give the nod to the defending champs. Hope it is a great game I'm picking RHS in either case.

AA Boys - Another good game. Teams have beaten each other easily and had some wars this year. Completely about who plays better. I like that Woodstock's best kids are slashers and drivers, SSHS wants to play in and out and Woodstock will probably give them contested jumpers. SSHS has better depth though. Great game. I'm going WHS by 1 in OT.

AAA Girls - FHS is big, talented and back looking to lay claims to a provincial title that by their standards has been away far too long. Riverview is the 3 time champs. Both teams have lots of fire power, though FHS will focus on their posts and Riverview will take care of the ball to limit possessions that FHS gets to pound inside. Though I would love it if these two talented teams put on a showcase of girls basketball in this province and they ramped up the pace and it became a shoot out. With no other factor to fall back on I'm going to go with Riverview by 5 because I'm not sure how FHS kids respond on this stage.

AAA Boys - ANother FHS team hungry to get back titles they've basically owned. KVHS program notorious for talent that underachieves with a chance to prove themselves on the big stage. KVHS by 7.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:31 pm

...love to see that the Harvey boys still arent getting any respect from some people......they were written off early in the year because they graduated 8 players....but some how by fluke i guess they managed to beat DP three times this year and finish in first place going into the final......our boys are motivated by last years loss so I wouldn't count them out at Harbour Station just yet Surprised Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lombardi

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:24 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
A Girls -

AA Girls - This one could be interesting. RHS more superior and athleticism but short bench. RNS greater reserve of big bodies, want to pound inside and win at the free throw line, have been to Harbour Station before. This depends on how the game is called. Tight whistle 10 point game or less game, let kids make skilled plays through contact RHS by 25+ Either way no one in AA has beaten RHS this year and I can't even give the nod to the defending champs. Hope it is a great game I'm picking RHS in either case.

That's what they said last year Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:34 pm

A boys should be the game of the year, I watched them play a couple weeks ago and it was a dandy! The bigger stage changes things a little, both teams have experience from last year and DP the year before that, I'd have to give a slight edge to DP by maybe 1-3 pts but in no way am I counting out Harvey, they are clutch!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:26 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
A boys should be the game of the year, I watched them play a couple weeks ago and it was a dandy! The bigger stage changes things a little, both teams have experience from last year and DP the year before that, I'd have to give a slight edge to DP by maybe 1-3 pts but in no way am I counting out Harvey, they are clutch!

I agree, should be a great one, pullin' for Harvey!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach12

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:04 am

Here are the actual results from Harbour Station this weekend...has to be true, as I dreamt it all last night:

A Girls: Grand Manan by 10-15

A Boys: Will be an absolute battle, but there will be a repeat winner as Devon Park will win by 5-7 pts on foul shots.

AA Girls: Rothesay will run away with this one...20+ pts

AA Boys: Another solid battle...Woodstock will regain the AA crown after having played AAA for a couple of years...could be OT, but Woodstock will win in Regulation by 3-5 pts.

AAA Girls: FHS will regain their crown at the AAA level will a 15-20 pt win over Riverview

AAA Boys: This is another tight one...it all depends on who gets into foul trouble. I think KV will keep rolling and defeat FHS by 6 pts on foul shots.

All 3 guys games look like they could be unreal...all have the potential of going to OT. Great weekend of basketball!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lombardi

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:55 am

coach12 wrote:
Here are the actual results from Harbour Station this weekend...has to be true, as I dreamt it all last night:

A Girls: Grand Manan by 10-15

A Boys: Will be an absolute battle, but there will be a repeat winner as Devon Park will win by 5-7 pts on foul shots.

AA Girls: Rothesay will run away with this one...20+ pts

AA Boys: Another solid battle...Woodstock will regain the AA crown after having played AAA for a couple of years...could be OT, but Woodstock will win in Regulation by 3-5 pts.

AAA Girls: FHS will regain their crown at the AAA level will a 15-20 pt win over Riverview

AAA Boys: This is another tight one...it all depends on who gets into foul trouble. I think KV will keep rolling and defeat FHS by 6 pts on foul shots.

All 3 guys games look like they could be unreal...all have the potential of going to OT. Great weekend of basketball!!

Which AA Rothesay Team are you speaking about in AA Girls?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach12

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:57 am

Rothesay High School
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:37 am

Good Luck to the teams today and tomorrow. I hope the weather isn't a factor and that the games are as entertaining as they have the potential to be.

Harbour Statition Weekend, Age Class Provincials, Summerfest, Nationals in Fredericton, Mill Rats might make the playoffs .. . its getting tough to find time in NB during the next 6 monthes without exciting basketball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:07 pm

District 2 just cancelled all activities for Saturday. This means the schools from this district can't play tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:26 pm

Coachmac wrote:
District 2 just cancelled all activities for Saturday. This means the schools from this district can't play tomorrow.
Isn't Riverview in district 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:33 pm

Maripac30 wrote:
Coachmac wrote:

Yes.
Back to top Go down
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:06 pm

Coachmac wrote:
Maripac30 wrote:
Coachmac wrote:

Yes.

This is milidy interesting. With no connections or inside info I would guess it will not be a big deal. I'm presuming they travelled today for the Banquest and will simply stay down tonight and Sat. Since they would already be on site I assume they would be able to get permission from their administration or superintendant to play as they would not be travelling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:12 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
Maripac30 wrote:
Coachmac wrote:

Yes.

This is milidy interesting. With no connections or inside info I would guess it will not be a big deal. I'm presuming they travelled today for the Banquest and will simply stay down tonight and Sat. Since they would already be on site I assume they would be able to get permission from their administration or superintendant to play as they would not be travelling.

Our Principal asked for it and to my knowledge it wasn't granted. Eventually, Hampton district cancelled the Saturday portion of the tournament, so I have no way of knowing if it would have been. We were planning to stay both nights since we wouldn't be allowed to travel either direction on the Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Defense14

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:23 pm

does anyone know where you can watch the games tonight online free?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Defense14 wrote:
does anyone know where you can watch the games tonight online free?

http://thefinal12.com/Broadcasts/tabid/462/Default.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:45 pm

GM up 33-32 at the half.

Started the Game in zone which was keeping Caldwell to the outside chucking from the cheap seats but struggled to score. Changed up to m2m and gave up some points early in the 2nd quarter but pace helped their shooting and offense.

Brown has 15 on but took 20 shots to do it. SHould be a great 2nd half. 1st big run or best adjustment could win it. If Gm finds a secondary scorer that could be trouble for JC>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:36 pm

GM wins "A" girls 64-57.

Played hard both ways very poor shooting game by both teams. Each was willing to let the other keep chucking from the cheap seats. Combined to shoot 40 threes but make 6. Lots of long twos as well. Brown leads the way with 27 points for GM though she puts up 41 shots to do so.

Overall the game was competitive, but nerves and environment seemed to catch up with both teams. CLose to 40 turnovers and GM shoots better at like 30%. Both teams let the other shoot themselves in and out of it. JC controlled the boards but couldn't make enough shots. Brown's Kobe esq effort is the difference in a sloppy but passionate game.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:12 pm

Congrats to our girls!! cheers

I watched livestats from Calgary....30% to 28%...shooting. Even the free throw % was poor. Do they only get one half hour of practice time on the floor? Just not enough time to get familiar with everything...IMO. Of course, style of play has an effect as well...

Congrats to the Breakers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-N '06-'09

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Anyone think Rogers needs to find some different people to call the game? Harvey was down like 7 points and they need to start taking 3s to catch up? I don't think they realised that Harvey has beaten DP before until the last few minutes of the half. Surely they could find a couple people that actually follow "A" basketball in the province.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harbour Station   Today at 11:02 am

Back to top Go down

Harbour Station
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next