HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Fraser Valley AAA seedings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:01 pm

Pitt Meadows
Walnut Grove
Terry Fox
WRCA
Tamanawas
WJ Mouat
Enver Creek
Centennial
Yale
Princess Margaret
North Delta
Sardis
Maple Ridge
Heritage Woods
Elgin Park
Delta
Clayton Heights
Lord Tweedsmuir
South Delta
Abbotsford Collegiate
Fleetwood Park
Port Moody
Charles Best
North Surrey
Chilliwack
Queen Elizabeth
Kwantlen Park
Gleneagle
LA Matheson
Seaquam
Robert Bateman
Sullivan Heights

Thats what i think it will look like, but dont really know who teams like yale, sardis and abby collegiate have beat and hows FV north seems like theres a huge dropoff after pitt and fox and centennial finished third are they any good?
Back to top Go down
Fox2030

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:02 pm

[quote="bball81"]Pitt Meadows
Walnut Grove
Terry Fox
WRCA
Tamanawas
WJ Mouat
Enver Creek
Centennial
Yale
Princess Margaret
North Delta
Sardis
Maple Ridge
Heritage Woods
Elgin Park
Delta
Clayton Heights
Lord Tweedsmuir
South Delta
Abbotsford Collegiate
Fleetwood Park
Port Moody
Charles Best
North Surrey
Chilliwack
Queen Elizabeth
Kwantlen Park
Gleneagle
LA Matheson
Seaquam
Robert Bateman
Sullivan Heights

Good list I have not seen a lot of these teams play. I would put WG 3rd and move up Abby Collegiate on the list, but below Heritage. Tammy could take Valleys.
WJ Moaut is a dark horse, they definitely have the talent, but not leadership in the guard position. I think if Cam can take control of the team and reduce their turnovers WJM is a long shot to win valleys. I think the top 6 should be locks, so it will be a battle royal for the 7th and final spot to the Provincials! The Valleys are often as competitive and entertaining as the Provincial tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:33 pm

WG has beaten Fox twice. They should definitely be ahead of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:57 pm

If Mouatt beats Grove tonight i think it will go

Pitt
Fox
Mouatt
WRCA
gROVE
Tammy

If Grove wins i think it will look like this

Pitt
Grove
Fox
WRCA
Tammy
Mouatt

JrCoachS wrote:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FraserValleyFiend

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:24 pm

I agree with those rankings, I also believe it'll come down to Maple Ridge/Enver Creek/Heritage Woods for that 7th spot into provincials. Out've those 3, Enver has definitely been playing the best as of late.

It's a huge shame that the valley lost the 8th seed this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ronh_pm

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:57 pm

I agree...and really, looking at this list, there is no way that they need 32 teams playing off to make the top eight (or seven). They could drop this to 16 easily by either just taking top four teams or 20 with the top five and use play in games as in the provincials.

All I see here is an extra opportunity for injury to a player and I cannot see one single reason why a team that finished 32nd in a 44 team league should be playing in a playoffs, especially going up against the number one team.

Might as well forget the zone "playdowns" and just start the Fraser Valleys with everyone really.

And 1 wrote:
If Mouatt beats Grove tonight i think it will go

Pitt
Fox
Mouatt
WRCA
gROVE
Tammy

If Grove wins i think it will look like this

Pitt
Grove
Fox
WRCA
Tammy
Mouatt

JrCoachS wrote:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vancouversportsevents.com
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:29 pm

bball81 wrote:
Pitt Meadows
Walnut Grove
Terry Fox
WRCA
Tamanawas
WJ Mouat
Enver Creek
Centennial
Yale
Princess Margaret
North Delta
Sardis
Maple Ridge
Heritage Woods
Elgin Park
Delta
Clayton Heights
Lord Tweedsmuir
South Delta
Abbotsford Collegiate
Fleetwood Park
Port Moody
Charles Best
North Surrey
Chilliwack
Queen Elizabeth
Kwantlen Park
Gleneagle
LA Matheson
Seaquam
Robert Bateman
Sullivan Heights

Thats what i think it will look like, but dont really know who teams like yale, sardis and abby collegiate have beat and hows FV north seems like theres a huge dropoff after pitt and fox and centennial finished third are they any good?

Yale will have to be ahead of Centennial. Yale has a victory over them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopster

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:31 pm

FraserValleyFiend wrote:
I agree with those rankings, I also believe it'll come down to Maple Ridge/Enver Creek/Heritage Woods for that 7th spot into provincials. Out've those 3, Enver has definitely been playing the best as of late.

It's a huge shame that the valley lost the 8th seed this year.

There should be an opportunity for the top eliminated team from each zone to qualify for Provincials. Teams like South Kam (2 close games with Kelowna) and third place from the island should have an opportunity along with 8th FV , 6th LM and 2nd Independent to qualify for 1 or 2 wild card berths. This would mean a wildcard week end and tough games right before the Provincials, but I am sure that any team would jump at a second chance. I think any team that is top fifteen all season and has a bad 1 or 2 games in playoffs, or only 1 berth should get a second chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stocktonsshorts

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:37 pm

[quote="ronh_pm"]I agree...and really, looking at this list, there is no way that they need 32 teams playing off to make the top eight (or seven). They could drop this to 16 easily by either just taking top four teams or 20 with the top five and use play in games as in the provincials.

All I see here is an extra opportunity for injury to a player and I cannot see one single reason why a team that finished 32nd in a 44 team league should be playing in a playoffs, especially going up against the number one team.

Might as well forget the zone "playdowns" and just start the Fraser Valleys with everyone really.

You should ask Rich Goulet because the current format that we have was his proposal.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:39 pm

Centenniel would have to be the lowest number 3 seed they have not beaten any one of note and play in a weaker division
8 North Delta (came from strongest division & beat ranked opponents)
Key wins- New west (once ranked #10) #16
Delta #HM now #18
South delta once #HM
Delview- AA ranked all season

9) Yale (strong team have played good opponents)
Do not post their scores online

10) Princess Marget (2nd in weakest division)
Best win - Enver creek (missing starting center also a first team all star in the division Justin bhangoo)

11) Centenniel (3rd in their division havent beat anyone of note)
Best win - Heritage woods
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:35 am

I like hoopster's idea...let's hope it gains some traction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ronh_pm

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:59 am

stocktonsshorts wrote:

You should ask Rich Goulet because the current format that we have was his proposal.

It could make for a few minutes of discussion I suppose and may shed some light on how and why the current format came to be.

Honestly though, I'm not sure what your point actually is. A proposal, regardless of who brings it to the table, becomes a bylaw because of a vote by all the members of an organization, in this case, the Fraser Valley Basketball Commision, of which Coach Goulet is but one member with one vote.

Back to top Go down
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:28 am

karnsharda12 wrote:
Centenniel would have to be the lowest number 3 seed they have not beaten any one of note and play in a weaker division
8 North Delta (came from strongest division & beat ranked opponents)
Key wins- New west (once ranked #10) #16
Delta #HM now #18
South delta once #HM
Delview- AA ranked all season

9) Yale (strong team have played good opponents)
Do not post their scores online

10) Princess Marget (2nd in weakest division)
Best win - Enver creek (missing starting center also a first team all star in the division Justin bhangoo)

11) Centenniel (3rd in their division havent beat anyone of note)
Best win - Heritage woods

You must be the north delta coach. Toughest division? Try the east or the north. Ask ridge which division is the toughest. I haven't heard a thing from north delta all year so now isn't the time to try and pump up your own team lol. Worry about your elimination game before you worry about anything else.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:00 am

everyone who has seen my posts is aware i am the north delta coach even wrote about it in my fraser valley breakdown not trying to pump just stating facts
the east is the toughest when the 4th place team loses the first place team by 55 IE sardis and walnut
North is the toughest when heritage woods everyones favorite have lost to both southwest 5th and 6th place finishers south delta and delta yale who has also been defeated by our 5th place finisher not pumping my team im pumping our division
Tomorrow seeding will be dealt with anyways and being 8 9 10 11 12 all those dont matter unless you are one of the top 5 seeds there is too much parity in the valley as well as its better to look at match ups
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bird1

PostSubject: TOP 5 TEAMS IN FRASER VALLEY   Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:52 am

Top 5 teams in FV should be as follows. I have based it on strength of teams schedules which is the main factor when decisions are made on rankings:

1. Pitt Meadows (2nd toughest schedule in FV behind Tamanawis. Quality wins: Terry Fox (twice), WRCA, WG, Kits. Quality Losses: VC, Kelowna )

2. Tamanawis ( Had toughest schedule in FV. Played most of the ranked teams in BC. Quality wins: against WRCA (twice), Kits, VC, Churchill, Burnaby South, Oak Bay. Quality Losses: St G, Kelowna, Kits, WG, WRCA)

3. Walnut Grove (3rd toughest schedule: Quality wins: Kelowna, Tamanawis, Terry Fox (twice). Losses: against Burnaby South, Pits, Kelowna)

4. Terry Fox (4th toughest schedule. Quality wins: Kelowna, Burnaby South, Quality losses: Pit (twice), WG, Oak Bay)

5. WRCA (similar schedule to Terry Fox. Quality wins: Kits, St G, Tamanawis. Quality losses: Tamanawis (twice), Pit (twice), Delta, Terry Fox, WJ Mout, Oak Bay, Kelowna)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:15 am

I agree with Hoopster about the play-in tourney for that final spot...between LM, VI, FV and OK. I've also never understood why Howe Sound doesn't join the LM. They limit themselves to only 1 berth.

As for Valley rankings...rank the 4 regional winners 1-4. That would lead to Pitt, grove, wrca, enver, tammy, fox and mouat as the top 7. This way fox/pitt avoid each other until the final. They should play the 7-8 game right before the valley final...it carries more meaning than 3-4.

I expect Mouat to finish 7th.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fair-Bball

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:46 am

Bird1 wrote:
Top 5 teams in FV should be as follows. I have based it on strength of teams schedules which is the main factor when decisions are made on rankings:

1. Pitt Meadows (2nd toughest schedule in FV behind Tamanawis. Quality wins: Terry Fox (twice), WRCA, WG, Kits. Quality Losses: VC, Kelowna )

2. Tamanawis ( Had toughest schedule in FV. Played most of the ranked teams in BC. Quality wins: against WRCA (twice), Kits, VC, Churchill, Burnaby South, Oak Bay. Quality Losses: St G, Kelowna, Kits, WG, WRCA)

3. Walnut Grove (3rd toughest schedule: Quality wins: Kelowna, Tamanawis, Terry Fox (twice). Losses: against Burnaby South, Pits, Kelowna)

4. Terry Fox (4th toughest schedule. Quality wins: Kelowna, Burnaby South, Quality losses: Pit (twice), WG, Oak Bay)

5. WRCA (similar schedule to Terry Fox. Quality wins: Kits, St G, Tamanawis. Quality losses: Tamanawis (twice), Pit (twice), Delta, Terry Fox, WJ Mout, Oak Bay, Kelowna)

I agree with all 5 teams being top teams in FV but 1-5 order need to be adjusted to consider head to head games to date. Here is how I see it top 8:

1. Pitt Meadows (2 wins against Terry Fox)
2. Walnut Grove (2 wins against Terry Fox, 1 loss against Pitt Meadows)
3. Tammy (2 wins against WRCA and 1 loss, did not play against Pitt or Terry Fox to-date)
4. WRCA (2 losses to Pitt Meadows and Tammy, also 1 loss to Terry Fox)
5. Terry Fox (2 losses to Pitt Meadows and Walnut Grove, did not play Tammy)
6. Enver Ck
7. WJ Mout
8. North Delta
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:27 am

How can you have Tammy ahead of WRCA who beat them last week. You are way off calling there schedule the toughest . They will be seeded behind Fox for sure.

Bird1 wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
stocktonsshorts

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:32 am

ronh_pm wrote:
stocktonsshorts wrote:

It could make for a few minutes of discussion I suppose and may shed some light on how and why the current format came to be.

Honestly though, I'm not sure what your point actually is. A proposal, regardless of who brings it to the table, becomes a bylaw because of a vote by all the members of an organization, in this case, the Fraser Valley Basketball Commision, of which Coach Goulet is but one member with one vote.

My point was that this was where the idea originated from and that he would be the best one to ask how and why the current format came to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ronh_pm

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:20 pm

stocktonsshorts wrote:

My point was that this was where the idea originated from and that he would be the best one to ask how and why the current format came to be.

Ah ok gotcha..I will ask next practice.
Back to top Go down
Determination

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:41 pm

I can't see enver finishing 6th...

1)Pitt
2)Fox
3)Grove
4)Mouat
5)Tammy
6)WRCA
7)Delta
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ronh_pm

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Bird1 wrote:

It does not matter a whole lot but I beleive Pitt had an almost identical schedule as Tamanawis with the exception of Churchill and Burnaby South and really Fox may have had the toughest of all FV.

At any rate I think the consensus is Pitt being the number one seed but thought I would mention Pitt also beat #3 St. Georges, #8 Oak Bay and HM Mt. Douglas (twice).
Back to top Go down
FraserValleyFiend

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Determination wrote:
I can't see enver finishing 6th...

1)Pitt
2)Fox
3)Grove
4)Mouat
5)Tammy
6)WRCA
7)Delta

Envers hot, Delta's not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller2sk

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:28 pm

Yale gets the 8th seed not sure about the rest....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vancity55555

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:43 pm

baller2sk wrote:
Yale gets the 8th seed not sure about the rest....
aren't there only 7 seeds?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fraser Valley AAA seedings   Today at 1:13 pm

Back to top Go down

Fraser Valley AAA seedings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next