HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Boys and girls all Star Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
princess

PostSubject: Boys and girls all Star Predictions   Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:08 pm

Who does everyone think will be in Sussex for the allstar game next sunday? Along with players of the year? Any predictions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls all Star Predictions   Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:11 am

Any ideas on when and where these are going to be released?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rap$tar

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls all Star Predictions   Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:56 am

According to the NBIAA website, the list of allstars is to be released at some point today, and will be able to be found here: http://nbiaa-asinb.org/page.php?page=61&menu=67
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rap$tar

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls all Star Predictions   Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:55 am

As I eagerly await the posting of the list, here are my predictions.

For A, a few names I expect to see are Liam Sipkema, Belleisle's monster under the net, Jordan Green, Brandon Moffitt, Matt Harrington, Ben Coburn, Matt Pickett, Jared Parsons, Cailin Adair, Lauren Tingley, Vanessa Dufresne, and needless to say, Jess Brown. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see another Islander on the list.

For AA, I expect to see Katie Cadman, Siggsworth, #4 from Dalhousie, Schyler Campbell, Pat MacNaughton, Duan Ash, Joshua Vanblarcum, Anna Simonds, Chelsey Collette, Olamide Ojawu, Leah Robinson.

Just my thoughts, not so sure about AAA though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nbballa

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls all Star Predictions   Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:46 pm

A Northeast Girls
Shannon Anderson (Caledonia)
Sarah Fanjoy (Petitcodiac)
Madison Howatt (Petitcodiac)
Jessica Northrup (Stanley)
Emma Wissink (Caledonia)

AA Northeast Girls
Katie Cadman (Tantramar)
Schyler Campbell (Bonar Law)
Jordan Caissie (JMA Armstrong)
Danielle Colpitts (JMA Armstong)
Emma Sigworth (Tantramar)

AAA Northeast Girls
Josee Jobin (L'Odyssee)
Holly Jones (Riverview)
Lyndsay Melanson (L'Odyssee)
Laura Richard (Miramichi Valley)
Grace Ward (Bernice MacNaughton)

A Northeast Boys
Jeremiah Branscombe (Petitcodiac)
Brody Jackson (Belleisle)
Jared Parsons (Caledonia)
Matt Pickett (Petitcodiac)
Liam Sipkema (Belleisle)

AA Northeast Boys
Duan Fournier-Ash (Sugarloaf)
Jared Legacy (Dalhousie)
Pat MacNaughton (Sugarloaf)
JV VanBlarcum (Tantramar)
Conner Walton (Tantramar)

AAA Northeast Boys
Sean Boulay (Harrison Trimble)
Shaik Bundy (Moncton)
Steve Ethelston (Riverview)
Nolan Levi (James M Hill)
Chris Murray (Riverview)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nbballa

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls all Star Predictions   Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:46 pm

A Southwest Girls
Jesseca Brown (Grand Manan)
Abby Donnelly (Harvey)
Lauren Doucette (Tobique Valley)
Emma Dufresne (John Caldwell)
Vanessa Dufresne (John Caldwell)

AA Southwest Girls
Chelsey Collette (Rothesay)
Marissa Duguay (Rothesay)
Julia McCain (Carleton North)
Leah Robinson (Southern Victoria)
Anna Simonds (Rothesay Netherwood)

AAA Southwest Girls
Amy Appleby (Fredericton)
Emily Hazlett (Fredericton)
Nicole Lafleur (Leo Hayes)
Tori McCarty (Leo Hayes)
Madison Peters (St. Malachys)

A Southwest Boys
Justin Bernard (Harvey)
Ben Coburn (McAdam)
Jacob Hambrook (John Caldwell)
Matthew Harrington (Devon Park)
Brandon Moffitt (McAdam)

AA Southwest Boys
Devin Elsemore (St. Stephen)
Isaac Gray (Woodstock)
Sam Gray (Woodstock)
Dan McShane (St. Stephen)
Jon Whelan (Rothesay)

AAA Southwest Boys
Kyle Arsenault (Fredericton)
Wes Durling (Fredericton)
Ryan Foster (Kennebecasis Valley)
Nick Huggard (Sussex)
Erik Nissen (Kennebecasis Valley)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
princess

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls all Star Predictions   Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:38 pm

Any word on players of the year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huios30

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls all Star Predictions   Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Congratulations to the All-Stars!

Last edited by Huios30 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls all Star Predictions   Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:43 pm

princess wrote:
Any word on players of the year?
Conference players of the year aren't announced until the banquet at the all star game...in Sussex.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer2

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls all Star Predictions   Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:05 pm

My picks for player of the year for the girls side

A- EAST- Emma Wissink
AA- Katie Cadman
AAA- Holly Jones

A- SOUTH- Jessica Brown
AA- Chelsey Collette
AAA- Emily Hazlett

best of luck to all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls all Star Predictions   Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:28 am

HoopsRight wrote:
Congrats to all the all stars.

The All Star list was decided two weeks ago, the All Star list should be selected based on the combination of Regionals and Sectionals. Athletes stepping it up, showing their athletism and portraying their ability to perform under pressure til the very end.

All Stars should also be based on those who are graduating. Hardly think ****** a Grade 11 player deserves All Star when ***** in her final year played such a big role for her team. As neither does *****.

Doubtful ***** deserves to be All Star, after being a starter for 4 consecutive years, we have only seen glimpses of all star-ness in her final year. *****, ***** and *****, all fourth year veterans are also worthy of being an all star especially over ***** two selections. Comnig down to see Leo Hayes and RHS play in the final game, ***** led that team to victory as ***** was non-existant, she has had a great year - why is she not there? Harbor Station will tell all, prove me wrong ***** and show us you are deserving of player of the year.

Since when does a team chasing their 4th consecutvie title deserve to only have one all star, when FHS and Odysee both have two players selected. Neither team has seen a NBIAA title in at least 6 years and never.

Prediction for All Star outcome, Southwest will take Northeast by 20 simply based on size and height.

All-Stars aren't based on two weeks. Yes, it would be nice to be able to take Regionals and Sectionals into account, but not every team gets there. I don't think a player should be penalized because their team didn't make playoffs. Also, I disagree about it being a graduating player. There are so many examples of non-grade 12's being the all-star for the team/conference that I won't even begin to get into that list. These selections are made by the opposing coaches. No, I don't like the way it's done. I'd prefer coaches nominated up to two players and then the opposing coaches voted from that list. I sometimes only see a team twice in a season and their "all-star" may have been injured or had a tough game. Yes, even all-stars have the occasional bad game.

Do I even need to get into this statement? "Neither team has seen a NBIAA title in at least 6 years and never.".....lol.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls all Star Predictions   Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:58 am

If you are only picking grade 12's then we could not call it an all star game, maybe a senior's game. If I go watch any allstar game I want to see the best players, regardless of age or where they come from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls all Star Predictions   Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:10 am

In reference to the post the was I'm assuming removed and then quoted with more appopropiate edits: good job moderators.

In regards to the All-Star issue:

- Saying someone isn't deserving is ridiculous. They were all selected based on the current system so by definition they deserve to be allstars.

- Questioning the selection system is entirely different from calling out kids or throwing them under the bus to make a point.

- The selection system isn't perfect but I'm not sure their is a perfect system. The reality is that coaches are asked to select/vote for teams in their conference on what they see. They attribute scores to players they select and those scores determine the All-stars. A lot of coaches follow the game and their conference tightly, while others only exposure is what they see in the games they play. Lots of contributing factors to selection.

- The all-star selection needs to reflect a body of work not just two weekends or some connection to their teams overall success. The only player in the Province who was recruited and signed with an NCAA school last year was on a team that never played in a regional or sectional weekend.

- There are lots of deserving players left off or squeezed out but its not something we should get all worked up about. There have been teams that have won provincial titles by 40 points and had no one nominated as a all star. Individual recognition is great, but its a team game first. The rewards are the epxeriences you have and lessons you learn. I would hope that adults (fans, coaches, parents) responses to any situation would be to focus on those factors with their player/child whether they are an all star or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls all Star Predictions   Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:19 am

CoachDJR wrote:
In reference to the post the was I'm assuming removed and then quoted with more appopropiate edits: good job moderators.

In regards to the All-Star issue:

- Saying someone isn't deserving is ridiculous. They were all selected based on the current system so by definition they deserve to be allstars.

- Questioning the selection system is entirely different from calling out kids or throwing them under the bus to make a point.

- The selection system isn't perfect but I'm not sure their is a perfect system. The reality is that coaches are asked to select/vote for teams in their conference on what they see. They attribute scores to players they select and those scores determine the All-stars. A lot of coaches follow the game and their conference tightly, while others only exposure is what they see in the games they play. Lots of contributing factors to selection.

- The all-star selection needs to reflect a body of work not just two weekends or some connection to their teams overall success. The only player in the Province who was recruited and signed with an NCAA school last year was on a team that never played in a regional or sectional weekend.

- There are lots of deserving players left off or squeezed out but its not something we should get all worked up about. There have been teams that have won provincial titles by 40 points and had no one nominated as a all star. Individual recognition is great, but its a team game first. The rewards are the epxeriences you have and lessons you learn. I would hope that adults (fans, coaches, parents) responses to any situation would be to focus on those factors with their player/child whether they are an all star or not.

I had prepared the response, with names removed and was going to edit his/her post afterwards, but it was gone. I'm hoping the individual may have given it some thought and removed it. I try not to censor, but unfortunately, sometimes it is necessary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Stripes

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls all Star Predictions   Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:54 pm

Who won Player of the Year in the respective divisions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer2

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls all Star Predictions   Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Stripes wrote:

female- A- Jessica Northrup
AA- Katie Cadman
AAA- Grace Wade

southwest.

A- Jessica Broan
AA-Chelsey Collette
AAA- Amy Appleby

not sure on the boys side....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rap$tar

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls all Star Predictions   Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:25 pm

Stripes wrote:

On the boys side:
A Northeast Boys - Matt Pickett (Petitcodiac)
AA Northeast Boys - Pat MacNaughton (Sugarloaf)
AAA Northeast Boys- Chris Murray (Riverview)

A Southwest Boys
Co-winners- Matthew Harrington (Devon Park) and Brandon Moffitt (McAdam)
AA Southwest Boys - Isaac Gray (Woodstock)
AAA Southwest Boys - co-winners Erik Nissen (KV) and Nick Huggard (Sussex)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boys and girls all Star Predictions   Today at 3:53 am

Back to top Go down

Boys and girls all Star Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1