HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Devon Park Christian School Varsity Boys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
i9h0w

PostSubject: Re: Devon Park Christian School Varsity Boys   Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:55 am

BumptheCutter wrote:
Great win LAKERS!!!! YAHOOOO!!! Looks good on the , gotta love how KARMA will always come back to bite ya. You could have done the right thing last weekend in Bellisle, the honest thing but NO... the. You know will have to live with the curse of "MOFFITT" for at least the next 7 years!!! HAHAHAHA Best team in "A" ball won tonight they deserved it.

In regards to the Moffitt comment, he did have 5 fouls. If he didn't, why would he start to show emotion as soon as he did it? I don't mean to call him out, but he KNEW he had 5 fouls. As , they can't go by what that had anyway, they have to go by the OFFICIAL scoresheet. Maybe you should learn the basics of basketball before posting on here. I do agree, however that the better team won.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Devon Park Christian School Varsity Boys   Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:03 am

i9h0w wrote:
BumptheCutter wrote:
Great win LAKERS!!!! YAHOOOO!!! Looks good on gotta love how KARMA will always come back to bite ya. You could have done the right thing last weekend in Bellisle, the honest thing but NO... the 5th foul . You know will have to live with the curse of "MOFFITT" for at least the next 7 years!!! HAHAHAHA Best team in "A" ball won tonight they deserved it.

In regards to the Moffitt comment, he did have 5 fouls. If he didn't, why would he start to show emotion as soon as he did it? I don't mean to call him out, but he KNEW he had 5 fouls. As *******, they can't go by what that had anyway, they have to go by the OFFICIAL scoresheet. Maybe you should learn the basics of basketball before posting on here. I do agree, however that the better team won.

DUH!!! I think everyone knows they have to go by the official scoresheet. Everyone in that gym knew Moffitt only had 4 fouls including the DP bench. The ****** went along with the scoring table who made a mistake, *****could have pointed that out and YES it would not have mattered. My point is... the game was over at that point why be dishonest. Thats setting a great example for young kids now is'nt it. Well look what it got ya.... May the curse live on!!!BAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Devon Park Christian School Varsity Boys   Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:47 am

BumptheCutter wrote:
Great win LAKERS!!!! YAHOOOO!!! Looks good on *******, gotta love how KARMA will always come back to bite ya. You could have done the right thing last weekend in Bellisle, the honest thing but NO... the 5th foul *********. You know will have to live with the curse of "MOFFITT" for at least the next 7 years!!! HAHAHAHA Best team in "A" ball won tonight they deserved it.

Its ok to be happy a team won, but there is such a thing as a sore winner, and this is it! Why bring up something that happened last week after the team you wanted to win just won the championship? I have no patience for this crap. It seems as tho u r a Mcadam player or fan, and as such would make you a sore loser aswell!if you weanna talk about Karma then I'd be very careful after posting stuff like this, just get over it man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shootinemout

PostSubject: Re: Devon Park Christian School Varsity Boys   Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:47 pm

Wait, people still believe in Christianity?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Devon Park Christian School Varsity Boys   Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:03 pm

Shootinemout wrote:

There is no need to be rude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Shootinemout

PostSubject: Re: Devon Park Christian School Varsity Boys   Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:42 pm

Coachmac wrote:
Shootinemout wrote:

There is no need to be rude.

This post of mine keeps getting edited so we can all forget the terrible organization that dp supports. Nothing like the church trying to keep everyone else quiet!

Last edited by Shootinemout on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:11 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited for inappropriate comment.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Devon Park Christian School Varsity Boys   Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:58 pm

Where on this forum have you seen that stuff??? Stick to ball talk!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
We talkin bout practice

PostSubject: Re: Devon Park Christian School Varsity Boys   Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:20 pm

No one seems to be able to lose or win against the christian school with any amount of class. All I see on this forum anytime they win is "the refs did us in" or "They pushed too hard and play dirty" and when they are beaten we love to rub their noses in it. THIS IS WRONG, regardless of the team. Not fair to chalk a dp win up to the refs rather than this teams hard work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Devon Park Christian School Varsity Boys   Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:45 pm

We talkin bout practice wrote:
No one seems to be able to lose or win against the christian school with any amount of class. All I see on this forum anytime they win is "the refs did us in" or "They pushed too hard and play dirty" and when they are beaten we love to rub their noses in it. THIS IS WRONG, regardless of the team. Not fair to chalk a dp win up to the refs rather than this teams hard work.

Sour grapes make bad wine agreed......DP admittedly plays a hard-nosed defensive style of game and honestly who can blame them as it makes up for some offensive deficiencies they have but you can't say that they didn't go out and give 100%. All either team can do is go out and play their hearts out and hope that the officiating is fair and just, and lets be honest all these kids in the finals whether it be A, AA,AAA boys or girls are doing it for the love of the game so lets keep that in mind when we are ripping on people.

With that being said I am proud of how Harvey climbed back into a game that they were clearly not in during the first half with their own grit and determination, these boys worked their buts off all year and still going into the final people were not giving them their just due so they had something to prove.

And as far as the officiating goes , it was what it was and I'm sure there was no bias even though DP went the first 7 1/2 minutes of the 4th quarter without a foul.......

Congrats to all the graduating players and best of luck to all returning players next season!!!!!!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
casualobserver

PostSubject: Re: Devon Park Christian School Varsity Boys   Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:10 pm

Yes, let's put this one to bed. Congrats all teams on a hard fought season. Look forward to the great matchups next year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
outspoken

PostSubject: Re: Devon Park Christian School Varsity Boys   Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Congratulations to Harvey in beating Devon Park. Nice to see a team win that plays hard but fair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Devon Park Christian School Varsity Boys   Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:24 pm

I watched the Harvey/DP game, I must say I was cheering for the Lakers, but it really didn't look good for them at the half, props to the team and coaching staff for turning it around. Harvey played some fantastic defense and controlled the boards. When push came to shove, it became clear this was Harrington's game to win or lose, the ball was in his hands most of the 4th quarter, he was up to the challenge, but the shots just wouldn't fall and it didn't seem he really had anybody else to go to that he was willing to give it to.
As far as DP playing dirty, really didn't see it. Both teams played with a lot of intensity, it was physical, a couple of elbows thrown, a stand off or 2, but really, the best team just came out on top. The reffing may have been a bit inconsistent at times, and, altho it seemed like Harvey was getting all the foul calls against them (5 team fouls against HHS and 0 against DP with 3 min left in the 4th) I can't say the refs were doing anything that I would call biased. A very entertaining weekend. Good job to both teams and Congrats Harvey!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlindAsABat

PostSubject: zero fouls   Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:46 pm

Sometimes having zero fouls in the 4th is a bad thing, witness how much time DP lost getting Harvey to the foul line. DP having 0 fouls in the 4th worked to Harvey's benefit. Maybe someone should blame the refs for that [just kidding].
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Devon Park Christian School Varsity Boys   Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:45 pm

BumptheCutter wrote:
Great win LAKERS!!!! YAHOOOO!!! Looks good on the *******, gotta love how KARMA will always come back to bite ya. You could have done the right thing last weekend in Bellisle, the honest thing but NO... . You know will have to live with the curse of "MOFFITT" for at least the next 7 years!!! HAHAHAHA Best team in "A" ball won tonight they deserved it.

Anyone that follows "A" Varsity Boys Basketball in the South Division would agree that Moffitt certainly deserves all the credit for being a great basketball player and a gentlemen; Breaker fans will miss coming out to watch him play.

I do wonder if Moffitt supports the use of his name in the above comments? I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devon Park Christian School Varsity Boys   Today at 3:19 pm

Back to top Go down

Devon Park Christian School Varsity Boys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2