HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

COACH DYKSTRA...NO LONGER WITH WRCA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fair-Bball

PostSubject: COACH DYKSTRA...NO LONGER WITH WRCA    Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:39 am

Where is coach Dykstra ? Did he leave WRCA ? He was not running the game... WRCA vs Maple Ridge last nite. Lookslike 3 parents were running the team.

Not surprised if he had left the team as its so obvious at many of their games, all team parents interfere with everything he did. JD is class act everywhere he has coached and played in his career.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: COACH DYKSTRA...NO LONGER WITH WRCA    Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:08 am

Coach Dykstra stepped down from due to constant issues with parents throughout the year, It definately make for a tough finish to the year for a very troubled team .

Fair-Bball wrote:
Where is coach Dykstra ? Did he leave WRCA ? He was not running the game... WRCA vs Maple Ridge last nite. Lookslike 3 parents were running the team.

Not surprised if he had left the team as its so obvious at many of their games, all team parents interfere with everything he did. JD is class act everywhere he has coached and played in his career.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vancity55555

PostSubject: Re: COACH DYKSTRA...NO LONGER WITH WRCA    Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:48 pm

I understand the issues but why step down at playoff time?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopster

PostSubject: Re: COACH DYKSTRA...NO LONGER WITH WRCA    Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:48 pm

simren55555 wrote:
I understand the issues but why step down at playoff time?

Some parents were unhappy with the way he ran the team during games. Not enough floor time for their kids I guess,
I hope the team does not implode with parents running the show, I have seen teams fall apart in similar circumstances,
I believe JD is still working at WRCA, just not coaching.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geddy

PostSubject: Re: COACH DYKSTRA...NO LONGER WITH WRCA    Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:17 pm

A fellow coach told me that 11 players quit the team three weeks ago. The team was ready to fold. Issues were between the players and the coach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tomcat

PostSubject: Re: COACH DYKSTRA...NO LONGER WITH WRCA    Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:21 pm

Parents should be ashamed. Coach D is a dedicated coach and has a great basketball mind. He's a coach with no kids on the team and has been there day after day for the last few years so I think he knows who should be on he floor. WRCA has average talent this year and in my opinion they are exactly where they should be battling for a berth in the fraser valleys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: COACH DYKSTRA...NO LONGER WITH WRCA    Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:23 pm

John D is a class act great guy and a friend had some discussions with him an he said he would step down next year but am not surprised he stepped down now players who constantly complain about playing time an how many touches they get are whiners and when parents step in for the kids echoing their childs complaints you can see where they get it from. If those same parents are now running the team then i feel bad for players like jake newman an the seniors there because it wont end pretty John is a terrific coach an the system he puts those players in lead them to overachieve now want to see what the team looks like without him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hangtime

PostSubject: Re: COACH DYKSTRA...NO LONGER WITH WRCA    Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:38 pm

Decision to accept resignation as coach was made by the Administration and Board at WRCA. They had a choice to accept or not as he remains an employee of the school. Playing time and running set plays is not an issue that school Administrators / Board would ever discuss, and had nothing to do with his resignation as basketball coach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachjohnny

PostSubject: Re: COACH DYKSTRA...NO LONGER WITH WRCA    Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:25 pm

With TWU out, does this possibly mean Scott Allen will make a comeback as coach?

Who will their new coach be for next year? Any possibilities?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fair-Bball

PostSubject: Re: COACH DYKSTRA...NO LONGER WITH WRCA    Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:26 pm

If this is the case, then its obvious JD was pushed out to open up space for Scott Allen to take over. WRCA administration and board should be ashamed of doing this to one of the best coach and person in basketball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FVBasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: COACH DYKSTRA...NO LONGER WITH WRCA    Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Wow, this is surprising news.

I have heard that people often tried to compare Coach Dykstra to Scott Allen since the reins were handed over, and have not had the same level of confidence under Dykstra. From a win-loss perspective that's a tough act to follow.

I don't know a lot about the program there, but know that comparisons can be challenging and sometimes destructive. I remember WRCA having a very strong program at all age levels, and was surprised when I saw that the boys Grade 8 and Junior teams finished winless in their conference this year - but is that on Coach Dykstra?

I had heard that one or two kids had quit the team, and did not realize that virtually the whole team had done so. Tough situation. Were the concerns about the entire program or were they confined to the senior team?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
insider

PostSubject: Re: COACH DYKSTRA...NO LONGER WITH WRCA    Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:23 pm

If there was turmoil on that team, it didn't show on the court when Dykstra was coaching. In hind sight I think he did a great job of controlling the situation for as long as he did. It showed against Tamanawis as White Rock struggled without him there. This was the first game where beginning to end White Rock never had any momentum against Tammy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COACH DYKSTRA...NO LONGER WITH WRCA    Today at 3:17 am

Back to top Go down

COACH DYKSTRA...NO LONGER WITH WRCA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1