HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pg7



Posts : 38
Join date : 2010-11-17

PostSubject: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:52 pm

Well another season is wrapped up and time to start looking to next year. Who will be the teams to beat and players to watch out for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Underdog



Posts : 40
Join date : 2009-12-25
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:03 pm

The A boys will be interesting next year. Every team seems to be losing their best player except Grand Manan. Harrington in DP, Howlett in Campo, Moffitt in McAdam, Walton and Bernard in Harvey. I think Grand Manan will be tough next year, however i have heard that Hartland has a young team that is impressive. It will be interesting to see how some of these teams rebound next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball parent



Posts : 20
Join date : 2012-01-13

PostSubject: here in the east   Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:58 am

Things will change here for sure.Calidonia will lose Parsons but will stay strong,Petit will lose a great line of players but will rebuild eventually,and Bellisle will keep getting stronger as we have seen through the season.Their power plant under the net # 11 Lieam of Bellisle has two more years to play.He showed a great deal of his talents in Sussex yesterday and other than His ability to score,He showed what He can do to keep the other team from scoring,ask Moffitt,He felt the sting .Yesterday was kind of a three shooting contest along with some dunking,but they made it there,let them do their thing. Congrats to all the players and and thank you for the dedication to your school throughout your time there in keeping the greatest game alive and well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee



Posts : 271
Join date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:39 am

Underdog wrote:
The A boys will be interesting next year. Every team seems to be losing their best player except Grand Manan. Harrington in DP, Howlett in Campo, Moffitt in McAdam, Walton and Bernard in Harvey. I think Grand Manan will be tough next year, however i have heard that Hartland has a young team that is impressive. It will be interesting to see how some of these teams rebound next year.

Hartland should be a team to contend with next year as well as Grand Manan but don't count out the Lakers , They will have 8 returning players and some great players move up from JV so look for them to defend the title!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-N '06-'09



Posts : 65
Join date : 2012-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:19 am

I love the "A" school representation on here. A very generic topic about 6 different divisions and only posts about "A" boys. I going to give the NE some love and go with Belleisle and GM at the Station with GM taking it. Am I crazy? Yes, but I have a dream that someday there will be more parity between the NE and the SW.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballer2



Posts : 45
Join date : 2011-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:58 am

C-N '06-'09 wrote:
I love the "A" school representation on here. A very generic topic about 6 different divisions and only posts about "A" boys. I going to give the NE some love and go with Belleisle and GM at the Station with GM taking it. Am I crazy? Yes, but I have a dream that someday there will be more parity between the NE and the SW.

What about AA girls then? with Rothesey and RNS having 5 and 4 players graduating this year, does it leave it wide open? or does another team dominate AA in east or south? i think Tantramar looks good going into next year.

in AAA girls, i would have to say FHS is a favorite still, with RHS graduating 5 from this year, and BMS and Leo Hayes still a step back?
what are some thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakercoach



Posts : 76
Join date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: 2013 HS predictions AAA girls   Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:30 am

i would throw KVHS girls into the mix provided they can get their coaching situation worked out. This group has won the JV crown and middle school title and has the athletes to compete if they get some leadership.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30



Posts : 132
Join date : 2010-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:26 am

In AA boys I would look to St. Stephen and Carlton North to be the early favorites. Woodstock is always in there as well. Sugarloaf is graduating its strength and will be a decent middle of the pack team but not a serious threat. JMA had a good JV team so should be stronger but the SW will dominate the NE. Dalhousie's student numbers will drop again to around 235 and will apply to go A (but will likely be refused again). Either way they will be a decent team but also not a serious threat to the top contenders
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pastprimetime



Posts : 31
Join date : 2010-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:28 am

A Girls John Caldwell would have to be leading the pack, with Harvey challenging.
AA Tantramar would have the lead, they did well with 5 grade 9s this year.
RNS has all their size back and a pretty fair guard moving up and who knows who else will attend the school.
RHS loose a lot but their junior team was very strong, they will be a handful
AAA FHS but look out for KVHS, they were pretty young this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR



Posts : 736
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : Southern NB

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:55 am

Its fun to make predictions but the real difference (particularly in A and AA) basketball will be who gets their kids out to play. Lots of teams with potential but who will work harder the off season.

A - Boys

Really have to go with HHS again. Not sure who GM graduates but I would suspect the or DP in the final again.

AA - Boys

St. Stephen way out in front at this point. Could proabably be legit top 5 AAA next year but having to stay up two years would get the group coming after crushed. Next best will most likely be a young CNHS squad.

AAA - Boys

FHS reloads and everyone else takes a step bckwards. Not sure who #2 would be.


A - Girls

JC probably the heavy favorite at this point. Harvey or Caledonia to see them in the finals. GM had a lot of young kids who played a lot this year so they might be able to get back.

AA Girls

Tantramar the early favorite with their leading scorer still there and a lot of returning talent. After that RNS still big how they replace the guard play they lose will be the concern. SVHS doesn't lose anyone who made big contributions so they should be a favorite too. After that a plethora of good but young teams (little to no senior help) in CNHS, RHS, FHS.

AAA Girls -

FHS back to the top of the heap again. KVHS most likely the 2nd best team if they get a common vision. RHS and BMHS out of the east will be rebuilding to various degrees but still tough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace



Posts : 166
Join date : 2011-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:35 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
Its fun to make predictions but the real difference (particularly in A and AA) basketball will be who gets their kids out to play. Lots of teams with potential but who will work harder the off season.

A - Boys

Really have to go with HHS again. Not sure who GM graduates but I would suspect the or DP in the final again.

AA - Boys

St. Stephen way out in front at this point. Could proabably be legit top 5 AAA next year but having to stay up two years would get the group coming after crushed. Next best will most likely be a young CNHS squad.

AAA - Boys

FHS reloads and everyone else takes a step bckwards. Not sure who #2 would be.

I would favour DP in À`boys and whoever after that, Harvey returns plenty, GM loses 3 quality players and will lack a 4 and 5th starter plus depth. Hartland will be in the hunt as well. "A" girls may not be clear cut as people think, GM will improve and held there own at times without their seniors, Petty returns 4 starters and gave JC a 5pt game in Sectionals, Harvey will also have a say and maybe Stanley.



A - Girls

JC probably the heavy favorite at this point. Harvey or Caledonia to see them in the finals. GM had a lot of young kids who played a lot this year so they might be able to get back.

AA Girls

Tantramar the early favorite with their leading scorer still there and a lot of returning talent. After that RNS still big how they replace the guard play they lose will be the concern. SVHS doesn't lose anyone who made big contributions so they should be a favorite too. After that a plethora of good but young teams (little to no senior help) in CNHS, RHS, FHS.

AAA Girls -

FHS back to the top of the heap again. KVHS most likely the 2nd best team if they get a common vision. RHS and BMHS out of the east will be rebuilding to various degrees but still tough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sou_by_Souwest



Posts : 128
Join date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: 2013 Predictions   Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:07 am

A Girls - John Caldwell will lead the pack in A girls. It was the grade 9 group of girls that was their heart and soul at Harbour Station and they will be back for three years.

AA Girls -- Rothesay will be strong. Their JV team destroyed everyone this year and they are all in grade 9. Unless RNS does some major recruiting, they will have challenges, their JV guard will not fill Anna Simonds shoes. The wild card will be Fundy. Their grade 9 class next year is very strong. What John Caldwell did with their grade 9's this year, Fundy will be similiar next year.




Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88



Posts : 258
Join date : 2010-02-01
Age : 46
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:10 am

'A' Girls - I was told Stanley is quite young, but they can't shoot and depend on transition layups for their scoring....hard to see anybody competing with JC, at least for right now...

'AA' Girls - gotta go with JMA....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rap$tar



Posts : 36
Join date : 2010-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:18 pm

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
'A' Girls - I was told Stanley is quite young, but they can't shoot and depend on transition layups for their scoring....hard to see anybody competing with JC, at least for right now...

'AA' Girls - gotta go with JMA....

Sarcasm?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac



Posts : 250
Join date : 2009-11-24
Location : Moncton, NB

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:30 pm

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
'A' Girls - I was told Stanley is quite young, but they can't shoot and depend on transition layups for their scoring....hard to see anybody competing with JC, at least for right now...

'AA' Girls - gotta go with JMA....

Have you run out of anything original?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Hardfouls



Posts : 139
Join date : 2010-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:42 pm

CoachDJR wrote:

AAA - Boys

FHS reloads and everyone else takes a step bckwards. Not sure who #2 would be.

KVHS will not be taking a backwards step next year. They return 3 starters (Graham, d'Entremont & Nissen) plus the top two players off the bench (Davis & Dunnett) from this year's squad. Two years ago FHS & KVHS were pretty even JV teams until KV got derailed with injuries. Should be a good battle again next season. Moncton High will be in the mix as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hardfouls.com
Stripes



Posts : 39
Join date : 2010-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:21 pm


Maybe not player wise but they may be taking a step back coach wise? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardfouls



Posts : 139
Join date : 2010-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Stripes wrote:

Maybe not player wise but they may be taking a step back coach wise? Wink

I can feel the love! Changes at FHS too. Is it 100% confirmed King gets the job?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hardfouls.com
dont blame the refs



Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:03 pm

"CoachDJR wrote:

AAA - Boys

FHS reloads and everyone else takes a step bckwards. Not sure who #2 would be."

AAA Boys-

Don't quite see how you are saying LHHS takes a step back when they return the whole team (still think they are a year away from making noise but with Hickey pulling the right strings he always gets the most out of his teams). KV and FHS both get better with the new coaches they will have this season. Vaughn will do a great job with the seniors @ KV as he has done with the juniors over the past years. And lets be honest anything is better then Dr. Phil at FHS

AA Boys-

St. Stephen still has their core group back and look poised for another title run. Woodstock is always strong. Carleton North had a strong JV team and I believe (could be wrong) they don't graduate many from this years team that was competitive with the top of tier of AA schools

A Boys-

For the first time in about 2 decades Hartland is the team to beat. They return the whole team that gave McAdam all they could handle in the first game of regionals. They come back this year a little older more experienced not to mention Orser and Foster will play all summer on BNB provincial teams. At this point it is them and everyone else is playing for second. Teams playing for second are Harvey (Drummond and Kitchen make a dynamic duo. They will just need a guard who can get them the ball) and Campobello (only lose Howlett and if the returning group can learn to play together I think they will really surprise teams next year. Carroll is a great athletic big, Denbow is a decent shooter and slasher. If they will buy into their coach they could be scary)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rich Mahogany



Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:36 pm

FHS does reload and will be the favorite for next year. Alex Carty and Bryn Davies will lead that team surrounded by incredible grade 11 talent and depth. KVHS will have a great starting five in Nissen, D'Entremont, Graham, Dunnet and Davis, but will lack depth. Moncton High's trio of Rogers, Wishart and Rider should give them no trouble in the East, but will be overwhelmed by size against bigger teams. Riverview loses alot of talent and will rely heavily on Elliott Quinn and Oliver Langille next year. I see these four teams being the top four again next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachjack



Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Fri May 25, 2012 6:02 pm

pastprimetime wrote:
A Girls John Caldwell would have to be leading the pack, with Harvey challenging.
AA Tantramar would have the lead, they did well with 5 grade 9s this year.
RNS has all their size back and a pretty fair guard moving up and who knows who else will attend the school.
RHS loose a lot but their junior team was very strong, they will be a handful
AAA FHS but look out for KVHS, they were pretty young this year.



i hate to mention this, but tvhs beat harvey out in regionals, so I wouldn't count them out either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever



Posts : 252
Join date : 2010-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Wed May 30, 2012 7:28 pm

coachjack wrote:
pastprimetime wrote:
A Girls John Caldwell would have to be leading the pack, with Harvey challenging.
AA Tantramar would have the lead, they did well with 5 grade 9s this year.
RNS has all their size back and a pretty fair guard moving up and who knows who else will attend the school.
RHS loose a lot but their junior team was very strong, they will be a handful
AAA FHS but look out for KVHS, they were pretty young this year.



i hate to mention this, but tvhs beat harvey out in regionals, so I wouldn't count them out either.

I hate to mention this, but GM's Midget team was much stronger that Harvey at the Midget Provincials this year, and I think GM's grade 12 players will be a bit better than Harvey's as well. GM also has a player playing U16 this summer, wich could make a difference. I actually see JC as the heavy favorite, with Caledonia 2nd, GM and Peti and TV at 3-4-5, with Harvey around 6th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30



Posts : 132
Join date : 2010-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:24 am

Not that it will affect anyone's early predictions for HS but as an FYI. Dalhousie will be dropping down to A for next season and beyond
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ba113r4L1f3



Posts : 1
Join date : 2012-09-01

PostSubject: Predictions   Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:34 am

My prediction going into the 2012-2013 season for Harbour Station. The top team to win it all or to make it to the top would have to be the little school from the village of Cambridge-Narrows. The past couple years have been rebuilding but now they have a set of guys that know how to play the game of basketball and play it well. They have 6'2 Andrew Thomas who is sick down low and up top,also to he can slam it home. And i couldnt forget about his ability to block from in the key and out. At the end of the season last year he averaged 5 blocks per game. He also scored 25 ppg in the last 5 games of the season. Playing at the guard positions we have Hamish Hornell and Jeff Dugas. Hamish has the ability to shoot from long range, drive the lane with anyone in front of him and slam it down on open breaks. Jeff has the ability to shoot from mid and low range, he can score with a hand in his face, and is good and loves to cross people over. Playing with them they also have seniors Malcome Cole, Andy Muise, Colton Black, and freshman Mackenzie Green. This is a team to look out for durning the season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dreallday.com
39forever



Posts : 252
Join date : 2010-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:56 am

C-NCS14 wrote:
My prediction going into the 2012-2013 season for Harbour Station. The top team to win it all or to make it to the top would have to be the little school from the village of Cambridge-Narrows. The past couple years have been rebuilding but now they have a set of guys that know how to play the game of basketball and play it well. They have 6'2 Andrew Thomas who is sick down low and up top,also to he can slam it home. And i couldnt forget about his ability to block from in the key and out. At the end of the season last year he averaged 5 blocks per game. He also scored 25 ppg in the last 5 games of the season. Playing at the guard positions we have Hamish Hornell and Jeff Dugas. Hamish has the ability to shoot from long range, drive the lane with anyone in front of him and slam it down on open breaks. Jeff has the ability to shoot from mid and low range, he can score with a hand in his face, and is good and loves to cross people over. Playing with them they also have seniors Malcome Cole, Andy Muise, Colton Black, and freshman Mackenzie Green. This is a team to look out for durning the season.

This post should cause a stir, lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Today at 9:05 am

Back to top Go down
 
Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions
» Sectionals - berths to Harbour Station
» Harbour station Predictions
» Harbour Station winners?
» Girls 2010/2011 predictions

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: New Brunswick-
Jump to: