HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
We talkin bout practice

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:21 pm

Quite the claim coming from from a member of a team who has not won or truly competed against serious competition (the bigs of south and west) in some time. Many apologies to the East and North of single A. If C.N wins it all this year I will publicly call for HGH and blood doping screening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller20

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:34 pm

Quote :
My prediction going into the 2012-2013 season for Harbour Station. The top team to win it all or to make it to the top would have to be the little school from the village of Cambridge-Narrows. The past couple years have been rebuilding but now they have a set of guys that know how to play the game of basketball and play it well. They have 6'2 Andrew Thomas who is sick down low and up top,also to he can slam it home. And i couldnt forget about his ability to block from in the key and out. At the end of the season last year he averaged 5 blocks per game. He also scored 25 ppg in the last 5 games of the season. Playing at the guard positions we have Hamish Hornell and Jeff Dugas. Hamish has the ability to shoot from long range, drive the lane with anyone in front of him and slam it down on open breaks. Jeff has the ability to shoot from mid and low range, he can score with a hand in his face, and is good and loves to cross people over. Playing with them they also have seniors Malcome Cole, Andy Muise, Colton Black, and freshman Mackenzie Green. This is a team to look out for durning the season.

And this team was 'suppose' to be at the top last year too. Instead they got tramped by all of the eastern powerhouse teams. I see them placing 3rd in the east at the highest. And if they do make it to the sectionals Hartland, Harvey, Devon Park etc.. will handle them easily i would think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:20 pm

We talkin bout practice wrote:
Quite the claim coming from from a member of a team who has not won or truly competed against serious competition (the bigs of south and west) in some time. Many apologies to the East and North of single A. If C.N wins it all this year I will publicly call for HGH and blood doping screening.

I agree, I wouldn't be making too many claims until they have beaten somebody in the top 10, something I don't ever recall them doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CMarz

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:53 pm

Well, I believe that it will be Campo vs Harvey. Campo only lost Howlett and most of the other teams lost 3 or 4 of their "best" players! Considering that Campobello hasnt won a banner in a while, they should deserve one pretty soon...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:01 pm

CMarz wrote:
Well, I believe that it will be Campo vs Harvey. Campo only lost Howlett and most of the other teams lost 3 or 4 of their "best" players! Considering that Campobello hasnt won a banner in a while, they should deserve one pretty soon...

Most important part of that statement is "Campo only lost Howlett". 'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:42 pm

CMarz wrote:

I'm all for fan loyalty but this doesn't strike me as sensible. The 4th best team in the south last year, who wasn't a top 8 team in the province, loses its only legitimate scoring and they now "deserve" one soon. Yes most teams lost a number of players but if Campo graduated or lost 4 players at a time they wouldn't have enough on the team to have one a lot of years. No disrespect to Campo that has had a solid program and fan base for years and always host loud and passionate games, but times are lean there right now and I don't see a lot of banners in their immediate future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:31 pm

I think you will find the top 3 teams this year will be from the Southwest. DP lost alot but tey seem to alays hang around with their solid coaching. Harvey is pretty much the same situation. Hartland should be the team to beat this year...we will see if they can use thier big men to their potential. They have 1 of the best point gaurds in the province and a couple twin towers....if they would play old school bball, they would be very dangerous
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CMarz

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:43 pm

I know this is all for opinions on here, but as a player myself, I have realized that most teams have a slighter chance of beating Campo this year. Most people think DP is going to win it or any other team, etc etc etc. But when Campo played at DP in their small gym last year for provincials, it was ridiculous. The gym is like the size of a shoe box. If Campo would to have faced them in Leo Hayes, like it was destined, they would to have had a greater chance of winning. Campo will always be one of the most memorable teams of all time and that's that. Nuff' Said
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huskies23

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:54 am

Well at least we all know who will be making the crowd drawing appearance A boys at harbour station. The mighty island of Campobello returning to their pre-destined (no one better have a small gym, move down from AA, pay off the referees, or lose to someone to create a favorable matchup) position in the provincial final vs. the rim rocking, high flying, lights out jump shooting Cambridge narrows "Heat".

CMarz wrote:
I know this is all for opinions on here, but as a player myself, I have realized that most teams have a slighter chance of beating Campo this year. Most people think DP is going to win it or any other team, etc etc etc. But when Campo played at DP in their small gym last year for provincials, it was ridiculous. The gym is like the size of a shoe box. If Campo would to have faced them in Leo Hayes, like it was destined, they would to have had a greater chance of winning. Campo will always be one of the most memorable teams of all time and that's that. Nuff' Said
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-N '06-'09

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:29 am

39forever wrote:
We talkin bout practice wrote:

I agree, I wouldn't be making too many claims until they have beaten somebody in the top 10, something I don't ever recall them doing.

Not to disagree with the previous claims having no backing, but CN did have one year of beating some top 10s and either being in the top 10 or just outside of it (07-08). Actually beat Aiken Centre bound St. Marys that year I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller20

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:22 pm

A boys - Hartland vs Harvey

Hartland returns all players from last year with their best players being in grade 10 and 11. Young, but very experienced team. Last year, Hartland improved a lot throughout the season and almost beat Mcadam in the regionals. Now, with Orser and Foster playing u15 and u16 all summer it makes them even more better. Hartland just has amazing athletes. Whether it's soccer, basketball, or volleyball they are always in the hunt in the end!

Harvey loses Bernard and Walton but Kitchen and Drummond are amazing forwards and will be the best duo in A competition as far as forwards are concerned. All they need is a guard that can compete with Orser at a high level. It also helps that they have a very active JV program that develop players and will get them ready for varsity. Two years ago when they lost Wood, Robinson, Murphy etc. they rebounded and won so that's why i think this year they wil do the same and be back to Harbour again!

If it comes down to these two teams I predict Hartland will take it all because of them all playing together on the same team all last season.

Rounding out the top 5: Belliesle, Grand Manan, Devon Park
Potential surprising teams: Cambridge Narrows, RNS, Nackawic, Stanley
Biggest droppers: Petitcodiac, John Caldwell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions   Today at 9:06 am

Back to top Go down

Way too early 2013 Harbour Station Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2