HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Congratulations to the North

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
John Stockton's Shorts

PostSubject: Congratulations to the North   Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:03 am

Just a quick shout out to the three Northern Teams going to OFSAA.

Algonquin is ranked #1 in "A" being held at Ridley College in St. Catherines Very Happy .

St. Basil's is ranked #2 Very Happy at "AA" also being held in St. Catherine at two of the Catholic schools there and unfortunately but not suprisingly for the second year in a row St. Mary's is ranked 16th Sad at "AAA" being the only "AA" school there. There are no "AAAA" schools in the North (north of Collingwood actually).

Maybe the new amalgamated Catholic school in the Soo (St Mary's) (mascot name to be determined - as Knights is sexist?) (600+800) will go "AAAA" and have a direct route to OFSAA every year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to the North   Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:10 pm

my understanding is that a school can compete at AAAA ofsaa no matter what the size of the school. Some AA teams like Mother Teresa and Eastern Commerce always compete at AAAA ofsaa. I know that we (SRB in Ottawa) have moved up to quad even though we are triple to see if we could compete with the stronger schools in the province. However, I don't believe that there is a spot at AAAA ofsaa set aside for a NOSSA rep. Perhaps they could challenge one of the other regions that have two reps for a spot at ofsaa. A good one for them to challenge for, in my opinion, would be the spot that St. Mikes seems to get by default each year as they have very little competition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
osyp

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to the North   Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Congratulations to the North teams and good luck at OFSSA.

Just for clarification, the AAAA schools in the Ottawa area are further north than Collingwood Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Stockton's Shorts

PostSubject: You are correct   Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:17 am

osyp wrote:
Congratulations to the North teams and good luck at OFSSA.

Just for clarification, the AAAA schools in the Ottawa area are further north than Collingwood Very Happy

I thought that might be the case but was too lazy to confirm it either way!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Norman Dale

PostSubject: St. Mary's at "AAA" OFSAA   Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:00 pm

The boys lost both games and are now home. The lost the first game by 24 (72-48 to #6 Catholic Central) and by 20 (64-44 to #1 Notre Dame). The boys put up a good fight and should hold there heads up for the showing for the last two years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations to the North   Today at 4:58 pm

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to the North
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1