HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

JV & Gr. 9 Provincials next week

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bulldog10

PostSubject: JV & Gr. 9 Provincials next week   Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:25 pm

Since the JV & Gr.9 Provincials are both held close(location) together, JV@ VC and Gr9 @ Kits, I though of catching a few games. Who are some of the strong teams to watch and the favourites? These are the ones I heard to watch so far:
JV: VC, Siaints, Claremont...?
Gr9: VC, Pitt...?[b]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: JV & Gr. 9 Provincials next week   Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:03 pm

From what I have heard, South has an unreal Gr 9 team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bulldog10

PostSubject: Re: JV & Gr. 9 Provincials next week   Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:49 pm

I've heard Bby South is a talented team with 3-4 new additions but have lost to some not so strong teams. Has anyone seen Pitt Gr9 play, heard they might be the ones to beat since Goulet coaches them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FVBasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: JV & Gr. 9 Provincials next week   Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:01 pm

bulldog10 wrote:
I've heard Bby South is a talented team with 3-4 new additions but have lost to some not so strong teams. Has anyone seen Pitt Gr9 play, heard they might be the ones to beat since Goulet coaches them?

For Junior, I think it's all about VC, Saints, and Claremont. Gleneagles won FV and is strong as well, as is Burnaby South. After that there' s a bit of a dropoff, and I believe that one of those teams will win Provincials.

for Grade 9, VC was dominant and I believe may be undefeated - and I know that last year their grade 8 team went undefeated and won provincials - so they'd have to be the favorite. Bby South will be very strong; Grade 8 team was very strong last year and has size and athleticism. They had a couple of transfers that have made them stronger. Saints and Killarney should be strong. Pitt won FV for Grade 9 I believe, which is always a tough tourney to come out of, so they'll be tough but not sure if anyone can knock off VC.

Should be some good games!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bulldog10

PostSubject: Re: JV & Gr. 9 Provincials next week   Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:57 pm

FVBasketballFan wrote:
bulldog10 wrote:

For Junior, I think it's all about VC, Saints, and Claremont. Gleneagles won FV and is strong as well, as is Burnaby South. After that there' s a bit of a dropoff, and I believe that one of those teams will win Provincials.

for Grade 9, VC was dominant and I believe may be undefeated - and I know that last year their grade 8 team went undefeated and won provincials - so they'd have to be the favorite. Bby South will be very strong; Grade 8 team was very strong last year and has size and athleticism. They had a couple of transfers that have made them stronger. Saints and Killarney should be strong. Pitt won FV for Grade 9 I believe, which is always a tough tourney to come out of, so they'll be tough but not sure if anyone can knock off VC.

Should be some good games!

Thanks FVBasketballFan, I'll definitely catch some games next week. I did see the VC Gr9 play this year and they were strong with a very deep bench. Didn't know how the rest of of the teams stacked up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JV & Gr. 9 Provincials next week   Today at 3:15 pm

Back to top Go down

JV & Gr. 9 Provincials next week
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1