HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Calgary boys playoff

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bballspirit

PostSubject: Calgary boys playoff   Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:34 pm

When are the games played to determine the 3 and 4 seeds to move into the playoffs against the 1/2 seeds? It does not say on the website when those games are played.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
localhoopfan

PostSubject: Re: Calgary boys playoff   Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Those games are tonight (Friday). Under Basketball Playoff Grid then Sr Boys Div 1/2 Seeding. The 3rd thru 6th place teams from North and South Divisions crossover to join the final 8 starting next Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballspirit

PostSubject: Re: Calgary boys playoff   Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:38 am

What happened to Churchill? They were a young team maybe panicked a bit. Is it true that Grandin is playing without LJ and Deiter? If so that was an impressive win for an undermanned BG team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TonyTiger12

PostSubject: Re: Calgary boys playoff   Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:11 am

Grandin was without Deter and LJ for the game against St. Francis. In my opinion it shouldnt have been that close of a game Grandin still had a lot of talent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballspirit

PostSubject: Re: Calgary boys playoff   Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:24 pm

Will they be available for tonights semi?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ww

PostSubject: Re: Calgary boys playoff   Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:49 pm

churchill wasn't inexperienced, wisewood was just better
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TonyTiger12

PostSubject: Re: Calgary boys playoff   Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:29 pm

I don't think LJ will play tonight but Deiter will I think
Back to top Go down
View user profile
2 Fresh

PostSubject: Wisewood rules   Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:06 pm

jacob sobel wrote:

Its about time someone said it. Wisewood was better I don't know why we don't get the respect we deserve. We have very little talent, really no talent and we still beat you. I'm going to be talking about this 2 years from now at the rec centre when I'm still taking cats to the hole. I'll be like you better gaurd me remember what happened to Chruchill when I hit that 3. Why am I still not getting recruited dweren't they watching. These universities don't know anything about spotting talent. Who cares we still beat Churchill. Wisewood rules
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TonyTiger12

PostSubject: Re: Calgary boys playoff   Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:51 pm

2 Fresh wrote:
jacob sobel wrote:

Its about time someone said it. Wisewood was better I don't know why we don't get the respect we deserve. We have very little talent, really no talent and we still beat you. I'm going to be talking about this 2 years from now at the rec centre when I'm still taking cats to the hole. I'll be like you better gaurd me remember what happened to Chruchill when I hit that 3. Why am I still not getting recruited dweren't they watching. These universities don't know anything about spotting talent. Who cares we still beat Churchill. Wisewood rules

What's with this guy? THe only decent player wisewood has is that karch kid... Howd you guys do against BG tonight???
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Calgary boys playoff   Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:08 am

Bishop Grandin 77 Henry Wisewood 72
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballspirit

PostSubject: Re: Calgary boys playoff   Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:50 am

Bit of an upset with ND beating BOB, both #1 seeds are knocked out in cowtown. BOB will be a dangerous lower seed at provincials. Anyone at the game. Hats off to Grandin for playing tough without a key starter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ww

PostSubject: Re: Calgary boys playoff   Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:23 pm

Its about time someone said it. Wisewood was better I don't know why we don't get the respect we deserve. We have very little talent, really no talent and we still beat you. I'm going to be talking about this 2 years from now at the rec centre when I'm still taking cats to the hole. I'll be like you better gaurd me remember what happened to Chruchill when I hit that 3. Why am I still not getting recruited dweren't they watching. These universities don't know anything about spotting talent. Who cares we still beat Churchill. Wisewood rules [/quote]

Who ever posted this reply doesn't actually play for wise wood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
localhoopfan

PostSubject: Re: Calgary boys playoff   Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:37 am

What a great weekend of basketball in Calgary. Spent Friday and Saturday night in the gym and saw most of 4 terrific Div 1 senior and junior boys and girls finals.

Friday night was the junior finals at Bishop Carroll. In a close game throughout it was EP Scarlett with a late "banker" 3 that broke the heart of the St Francis junior girls in the dying seconds.

Then the Div 1 boys final had St Mary's vs Bishop McNally. Again the game was close throughout, St Marys pulled away midway through the 4th to lead by a dozen then McNally fought back in the last 2 minutes falling just short with Mary's winning 82-79. Mathieu Kamba led McNally with 30 pts including a thunderous dunk that thrilled the crowd late in the game and Cameron Driscoll led the victorious Saints with 29.

Saturday night at Crescent Heights in the girls final Centennial had a 8-10 pt lead heading into the 4th quarter but the very talented Western Redmen fought back with some key buckets by Aimee Wilson and free throws by Izzy Purkovic clinched it for Western - a 5 pt win that was decided in the final minute.

The Boys Div 1 final was a sensational game with Bishop Grandin racing out to a 14 point first quarter lead. Notre Dame fought back to tie it at the half. The second half was back and forth and the packed gym was rocking when ND had a couple of steals leading to big dunks. In the end, a couple free throws by ND pt guard Lado (cant find hid last name) gave them a 3 pt lead with 3 seconds to go and a desparation 3 pointer was long for Grandin so ND is Calgary champs. Grandin was lead by Dieter Posein with 23 and ND was lead by Emmanuel Joshua with 31.

Both nights featured pack gyms with great fans, tremendously exciting basketball and some very solid officiating! Great stuff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calgary boys playoff   Today at 1:00 am

Back to top Go down

Calgary boys playoff
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1