HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top 10 for next season 2012-2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:26 pm

My Top 10 next year, with some key players returning or playing Sr ball next year with Jr team ranking at this yrs provincial.

1. Walnut Grove
Jadon Cohee, Paul Getz
Jr Team 5th in Province in 2012

2. St Georges
Deklan Chung, Drew Urquart
Jr team 3rd in Province in 2012

3. WRCA
Tyus Allen, Peter Spangehl

4. Kitsilano
Luka Zaharijevic, Jonathon Kongho
Jr team 6th in Province in 2012

5. Vancouver College
Gogi Kumanan, Elijah Campbell Axson
Jr Team 1st in Province in 2012

6. WJ Mouat
Tristan Ettiene, Corey Huack

7. Terry Fox
Trevor Casey, Cam Nicol

8. Claremont
Yvan Atemgoua, Luke Columbine
Jr. team 2nd in Province 2012

9. Pitt Meadows
Jordan Rich, Sho Nashimoto

10. Byrne Creek
Brenden Bailey, David Majstorovic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geddy

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:02 am

1. WRCA
2. Kitsilano
3. St. George's
4. Walnut Grove
5. Mouat
6. Vancouver College
7. Burnaby South
8. Oak Bay
9. Kelowna
10. Enver Creek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:30 am

I got WRCA as the favourite. I think they'll be going down to A or AA ball after next year.

Rest of the top 10

Valley: Walnut, Mouat, Fox, Pitt
Mainland: Kits, St.George's, VC, Churchill
Island: Claremont
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:53 am

Gotta give Howie props...his 2011-12 preseason rankings were bang on. Biggest Disappointment-Bby South(these rankings came out before Manroop went to the States). Biggest surprise-Tamanawis(had them as HM). Otherwise his top 10 was pretty correct.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Kelowna Owls -- Point guard Mitchell Goodwin and 7-footer Braxton Bunce both back, joined by rising Grade 11 forward Darrion Bunce and rising Grade 10 guard Buzz Truss.

2. Vancouver College Fighting Irish -- Junior program always feeding great talent, and its set to join three special seniors in Isaiah Solomon, Cole Penman and Erickson Evangelista.

3. Burnaby South Rebels -- Clutch guard Manroop Clair and big man Nick Irvine now seasoned vets for a team that knows how to play with a No. 1 ranking. Juniors finished sixth in B.C. Depth a concern.

4. Pitt Meadows Marauders -- Juniors were one of the Fraser Valley's elite teams all season and they join returning core led by versatile Trevor Severinski, guard Mitsu Iwai and guard Matt Blackaby.

5. W.J. Mouat Hawks (Abbotsford) -- Plenty of height coming from a junior team that was third at the provincials, and it joins senior core led by guard Cam Friesen and forward Jesse Coy.

6. White Rock Christian Academy Warriors (Surrey) -- Core of Grade11's got great prep for their senior seasons while junior team won the B.C. championship.

7. Kitsilano Blue Demons (Vancouver) -- Big man Luka Zaharijevic, swingman David Burton and Vancouver College transfer guard Kyle Holden make up team's core. Juniors finished fifth in B.C.

8. Terry Fox Ravens (Port Coquitlam) -- Six players who saw heavy rotation minutes are back for Final Four team, led by versatile 6-foot-5 swingman Ryan Sclater. Guard play a question.

9. St. George's Saints (Vancouver) -- Virtually the entire team returns from a rapidly-improving group that fell one win shy of qualifying for the B.C. championship tournament.

10. tie -- Walnut Grove Gators (Langley) -- Its Grade 8-12 program is healthier ever, and current Grade 10 forward Paul Getz set to blossom along with guard Sean Monsanto.

10. -- Sir Charles Tupper Tigers (Vancouver) -- Seven-footer Cameron Smythe and top-flight guard Daniel Kim two of the top holdovers.

Honourable mention -- North Delta Huskies, Claremont Spartans (Victoria), Sir Winston Churchill Bulldogs (Vancouver), Oak Bay Bays (Victoria), Argyle Pipers (North Vancouver), Tamanawis Wildcats (Surrey), Byrne Creek Bulldogs (Burnaby), Enver Creek Cougars (Surrey), Steveston-London Sharks (Richmond)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:31 am

Howie's 2012-13 Pre-Season Rankings

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/boys+Triple+basketball+future+rankings/6320079/story.html

1. Walnut Grove Gators (Langley)
2. White Rock Christian Academy Warriors (Surrey)
3. Kelowna Owls
4. W.J. Mouat Hawks
5. Sir Winston Churchill Bulldogs (Vancouver)
6. Yale Lions (Abbotsford)
7. Carson Graham Eagles (North Vancouver)
8. Kitsilano Blue Demons (Vancouver)
9. Oak Bay Bays (Victoria)
10. St. George's Saints (Vancouver)
11. Pitt Meadows Marauders
12. Burnaby South Rebels
13. North Delta Huskies
14. Belmont Braves (Victoria)
15. Lord Tweedsmuir Panthers (Surrey)

Honourable mention
Gleneagle Talons (Coquitlam)
Enver Creek Cougars (Surrey)
Vancouver College Fighting Irish
Claremont Spartans (Victoria)
Terry Fox Ravens (Port Coquitlam)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballfan1

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:31 pm

I am really surprised by some of the teams in the Top 10. Churchill better than Kits and Carson Graham 7 in the province? CG is losing their starting guards and I don't htink they had a great Jr team.

Does anyone know where I can find the rosters for the teams in this years tourney?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballislife74

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:37 pm

basketballfan1 wrote:
I am really surprised by some of the teams in the Top 10. Churchill better than Kits and Carson Graham 7 in the province? CG is losing their starting guards and I don't htink they had a great Jr team.

Does anyone know where I can find the rosters for the teams in this years tourney?

Thanks.

Rosters and Boxscores: http://www.cybersportsusa.com/tourney.asp?tc_id=2553
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:36 pm

basketballfan1 wrote:

Thanks.

I'm surprised Kits is ranked below Churchill too, i know they have gr.10 Mindy Minhas back who should be a dominant next year, and 6'5 gr.11 guard Sasha Kosmajac.

Carson has some promising players returning from the their provincial team, Brayden Bellevill another gr.10 post player and gr.11 Alex Axpo who showed some real promising running the guard for CG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballfan1

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:52 pm

JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
basketballfan1 wrote:

Thanks.

I'm surprised Kits is ranked below Churchill too, i know they have gr.10 Mindy Minhas back who should be a dominant next year, and 6'5 gr.11 guard Sasha Kosmajac.

Carson has some promising players returning from the their provincial team, Brayden Bellevill another gr.10 post player and gr.11 Alex Axpo who showed some real promising running the guard for CG.

The Howe Sound this year was dominated by Carson and Argyle but Handsworth showed some promise in the playoffs. Carson I believe had to win three games in three days just to make it out of the zone. While they have some young talent, Handsworth has two provincial team players returning and their 11's showed a lot of progress in the playoffs. I expect them to come out of the Howe Sound next year. Neither team will be ranked provincially as they just don't have the depth.

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:08 am

2 biggest surprises with the rankings...1)Kelowna is ranked too high & 2)VC is an HM(junior champs)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:54 am

VC is going to have a down year next year. They will be competitive but won't beat Saints.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:49 pm

Well WRCA is a team to watch out for as its the Jr.provincial champs team. I am surprised to see VC as an HM even though their Jr.provincial cha,ps team is coming up. Are all their good seniors done and gone..? A team to watch out for and or a surprise team would be Lord Tweedsmuir for sure can shoot the lights out anygiven day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:16 pm

BasketballFan wrote:
Well WRCA is a team to watch out for as its the Jr.provincial champs team. I am surprised to see VC as an HM even though their Jr.provincial cha,ps team is coming up. Are all their good seniors done and gone..? A team to watch out for and or a surprise team would be Lord Tweedsmuir for sure can shoot the lights out anygiven day

VC is losing their starting five to graduation, the only player who's coming back next year who had somewhat regular minutes is guard Gogi Kumanan, but they have three stud jr's coming up next yr in Elijah Campbell-Axson, William Latu and Manvir Khun-Khun, should be interesting to see how the move up to playing Sr wil be for them, I think they will thrive, as we've seen Tristan Ettiene of Mouat and Jadon Cohee of Grove produce as gr.10's this year, those three from VC are notch below Cohee and Etienne in the class of 2014. We will see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:39 pm

Kits will be better than 8th. Kits had a very good junior team and the players that move up will complement Luka very well. That will be a tough team.

I think Kelowna will have a tough time managing 3rd, given the loss of Bunce and Goodwin. WRCA will have a had time replacing Jake Newman, he was the key to that team.

Saints will have a strong starting five, but their depth up front is suspect. They only return three players from senior: one starter Deklan Chung, a role player this yr Tylon Barker and another player who did not see many minutes. 10th is probably right depending on player growth.

I think VC is better than HM, but losing so many starters raises questions.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:17 pm

MikeyB's Pre Season 15!

1. Walnut Grove Gators: Returning players Jadon Cohee, Paul Getz, Brad Hoffman, Tom Guingab, Sheldon Derton and David Wolde-Mariam will be joined by junior stars Varun Kumar and Bryce Derton.

2. White Rock Christian Academy Warriors: Junior champs 2 years ago. Will be led by Tyus Allen, Peter Spangehl, Vartan Tanielian, Sam Ykema and Matt Hayashi

3. W.J. Mouat Hawks: return 2 of the top prospects in BC in Corey Hauck and Tristian Etienne. Mitch Howden, Daniel Pawlick and Sebastian Muermann will look to contribute as well. Junior team was strong.

4. Kitsilano Blue Demons: This group won the grade 9 provincials 3 years ago. Luke Zaharijevic. Tom Campbell and Justin Sze will be joined by junior studs Johnathan Kongbo and James Hynes.

5. Sir Winston Churchill Bulldogs: Returning virtually the entire team from last year, led by grade 11 stud Mindy Minhas and forward Sasha Kosmajac. This team should make their first provincial appearance since 2006.

6. Yale Lions: Most definitely won't be under the radar in 2013. Led by JJ Pankratz, Quin Bennett-Boire and Sasha Otenga. Still a very young team.

7. Kelowna Owls: Will have starters John Katerberg, Buzz Truss and Joel Burma back. Darrian Bunce and Malcolm Hadly will also contribute. Won't be as dominate in the Okanagan as the last 2 years.

8. St. George's Saints: Return starter Deklan Cheung, as well as role player Tylon Barker. Junior team finished 3rd led by Drew Urquart and Derrek Safnut.

9. Vancouver College Fighting Irish: graduate their entire starting lineup but get Gogi Kumanan and Christian Mair back who did see minutes last year. Juniors won grade 9 and 10 provincials led by Elijah Campbell Axson, William Latu and Manvir Khun-Khun.

10. South Kamloops Titans: Return 4 starters from last years squad led by guards Jacob Adams and Elijah Hillis-Gold. Depth is a question but they should compete for Okanagan title.

11. Belmont Bulldogs: will be led by forwards Jordan Hines and Erik Spaven. Should be the top Island team.

12. Gleneagle Talons: return 2 starters in Denver Sparks-Guest and Artem Zaporozets. Juniors finished 4th in BC led by Tarik Scott and Grant Galbraith. Grade 10 Cordell Parker should get good minutes.

13. Burnaby South Rebels: Nick Garcha and Gino Pagbilao will lead this team as well as a very good group of juniors.

14. Pitt Meadows Marauders: Sebastian Marshall will be leading this team. Jordan Rich and Sho Nashimoto will get more minutes. Junior team was decent.

15. Elgin Park Orcas: Return 4 starters from last years team in Brett Walker, Alex Hadikin, Sam Conti and very underrated guard Kevin Fang. Brayden Bouchey and Rajiv Dhailiwal also saw a lot of minutes.

Honorable Mentions: Carson Graham Eagles, Terry Fox Ravens, McMath Wildcats, Penticton Lakers, Lord Tweedsmuir Panthers, Enver Creek Cougars, Claremont Spartans
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islander

PostSubject: VC will be a top ten team   Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:36 pm

JrCoachS wrote:
VC is going to have a down year next year. They will be competitive but won't beat Saints.

While bench was used sparingly , they did play every day against one of the best starting five in the province this last year. This same group has been very competitive in grade 10 and 9. Will be interesting to watch and see , remember Abou and Eirickson did not see much time in grade 11 either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:54 pm

1 Walnut Grove

2 Kitsilano

3 WRCA

4 Mouat

5 Vancouver College

6 Churchill

7 Saints

8 Kelowna

9 Burnaby South

10 any other team mentioned in other posts....

With apologies to island and outside lower mainland.... I know there are good teams out there, I just don't know them well. Churchill will not be consistently in top 5 but could beat any of them if Mindy is on. VC has depth. WRCA has experience and skills. Grove's weakness is size - but guards..... Saints starters are a top 4 team, but it takes more than that.... they lack size past starters. The summer will be fun when many of the top players play together - we will see more then. Jadon broke out last summer.

It looks like parity to me. I could be convinced of almost any arrangement of the top seven teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hangtime

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:38 am

Mark Scott wrote:

1 Walnut Grove

2 Kitsilano

3 WRCA

4 Mouat

5 Vancouver College

6 Churchill

7 Saints

8 Kelowna

9 Burnaby South

10 any other team mentioned in other posts....

With apologies to island and outside lower mainland.... I know there are good teams out there, I just don't know them well. Churchill will not be consistently in top 5 but could beat any of them if Mindy is on. VC has depth. WRCA has experience and skills. Grove's weakness is size - but guards..... Saints starters are a top 4 team, but it takes more than that.... they lack size past starters. The summer will be fun when many of the top players play together - we will see more then. Jadon broke out last summer.

It looks like parity to me. I could be convinced of almost any arrangement of the top seven teams.

WRCA loses 7 footer Matt Hayashi. He played senior for a few weeks this year but his parents pulled him from the team due to coaching issues at WRCA this past year. He is now in Oregon.

Top 10

1. Kitsilano - solid depth and Luka can be unstoppable when he wants to
2. WRCA - even without Hayashi, this team will be 7-8 deep and have best starting 5 in B.C. Tyus Allen will lead the way, with Spangehl, Varton and Sam having strong years
3. Walnut Grove - Getz and Cohee lead the way, but do they have much after that?? Other teams will exploit the mismatches
4. Mouat - Tristan will bet better, but needs a little bulk.
5. Yale - anyone see this team in the Fraser Valley's. Young, quick and big.
6. St. George's - Deklun and Tylon will step up next year
7. Vancouver College - they will find a way to compete and good junior group coming up
8. Sentinel - provincial team transfers will make this squad more competitive
9. Kelowna - young squad will benefit from this years ride
10. Oak Bay

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:06 am

MikeyB' and Markscott's ranking makes lot of sesnse and has best chance of becoming good.

Mikeyb's ranking is well supported with names. Just want to say that there is very little separation between gators and warriors, toss up between kits and Churchill and lastly Yale will beat mouat as mouat has no one to fill in Jessie coy's big shoe. Just my thoughts. Overall, this ranking is very informative.

On markscott's post, you are dead right on Churchill and with others in your footnotes. Good one.
Back to top Go down
BasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:40 am

who do u think will be the surprise team of the year..?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:42 am

and wouldnt you think that either Enver Creek or Tweedy would be ahead of elgin and possibly one or more teams for top 15.?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:54 pm

BasketballFan wrote:
and wouldnt you think that either Enver Creek or Tweedy would be ahead of elgin and possibly one or more teams for top 15.?

i agree with you... i dont think elgin should be in the top 15 or even the HM.... Enver Tweeds and ND are all better then them..... Enver lost all the height they had Justin bhangoo and rajan are gone, so post play will be a problem for them next year but the rest of the team is back, their backcourt is solid with Gurkirat and Nichalaus...

Lord tweedsmuir returns 3 starters, and these 3 (bradyn, pavan and paarus) were there best players and are gonna be a lot better nxt season, pavan and paarus can score 20-30 points a game with ease, and this is a team that can beat anyone in BC and at the same time lose to anyone as well

ND is a team that i think could be in the top 10 next year, they are at the same level as yale and may even be better, they lose 2 of their starters and 3 players all together, Harbir phool was their best player last year and hes back along with manvir gahir who has been playing up since grade 9, this team has a lot of size and depth at every position
i think frasers will probably look something like this next year
1. Walnut grove
2. WRCA
3. WJ Mouat
4. ND
5. Yale
6. Pitt Meadows
7. Enver Creek
8. Lord Tweedsmuir
9. Gleneagle
10. Terry Fox
after this its a whole bunch of teams like Elgin tamanawas Sardis Fleetwood Fraser heights Panorama Centennial
Back to top Go down
BasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:20 pm

yeaa definatley for sure no doubt. Tweedy has their full team that they had in their junior year when they beat the likes of Mouat,Churchill,wrca,enver,pitt meadows,kelowna and other good teams too but now its senior year so a few teams are goin to be different this year for sure and will be interesting.
Enver did lose their size but they do have a bit more size than tweedy
im not sure how Pitt is next year and who is gone n who stayed.
i think Enver will eventually lose to tweedy for the Fraser Valley Central Division.
only problem with Tweedy is they are probably the smallest team out there and they also have one tall guy nick smith if given the ball will kill you down low with his hook shoot makes them all the time whether it be left hand or right side.

in my opinion i think frasers will probably look something like this next year
1. Walnut grove
2. WRCA
3. WJ Mouat
4. ND
5. Yale
6. Lord Tweedsmuir
7. Pitt meadows
8. Enver Creek
9. Gleneagle
10. Terry Fox
and like bball81 said "after this its a whole bunch of teams like Elgin tamanawas Sardis Fleetwood Fraser heights Panorama Centennial"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoopjunkie15

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:09 pm

Watch out for enver creek next year as they barely lost to Yale for the potential provincial berth because young guards couldn't handle the pressure.

WRCA will be good, but if one of their key starters get hurt or in constant foul trouble they will be in danger since their depth is not great. You can win juniors with 4 great players but senior basketball needs the production from the bench.

Elgin park will be competitive, so will Delta secondary which is going unnoticed. They lose an unreal player in Lucas Goosen but people forget the fact that all four other starters are returning.

So could Seaquam, they are the underdog of the underdogs. After going through a season with only one legitimate contributing senior, they will have a roster with 8-9 seniors with four returning starters. Always a hard-working team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SurreyBall

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:42 am

1.WRCA- Tyus Allen is tough to handle, Spangehl is a tough inside player and they got good shooters.
2.Grove- Cohee was unbelievable in the tournament considering hes in Grade 10. Look for him to lead this team again.
3.Kitsilano- Luka is a go to guy for these guys, team won BC's in Grade 9.
4. St Georges- Juniors are strong and have a couple of solid retunring seniors.
5.Yale- Are well coached, best player benoit? is a stud he was only in Grade 9 this year and led his team to the BC's. Very young team.
6.Mouat- Tristan and Corey will shoulder a heavy load for these hawks they will be competing for the banner next year.
7.VC- Junior's coming up are solid, will kind of be like the WRCA of this year.
8.Seaquam- Team was very young this year with a lot of 10's, they will surprise a lot of people. Also well coached.
9.Terry Fox- Steve Hanson is a great coach and Fox wont be a banner favorite but are almost a lock for a BC berth.
10.Tamanawis- Sukhjot is a stud and will get some help from a underacheiving junior squad.
10.Pitt Meadows- Don't know whos left of this team but Goulet will make things happen and make sure his team is competing for a BC berth.
10.Claremont- Won the Jr BC's this year will be decent if not good.

HM: ND, Tweedsmuir, Belmont, Churchill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 for next season 2012-2013   Today at 5:15 am

Back to top Go down

Top 10 for next season 2012-2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next