HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Genesis basketball???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
johndoe

PostSubject: Genesis basketball???   Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:12 pm

For those who have played or plan on playing genesis this spring, I have a few questions. How many teams are there for U16/U17 boys age group? Where are the main locations for practice? How much does it cost?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
localhoopfan

PostSubject: Re: Genesis basketball???   Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:42 pm

The last few years they have had 3 u17 and 1 u16 team (all boys teams). For U17, they have a Genesis White which is their elite team, a Genesis Blue team which would be the next one down then a Developmental team. I've heard that their U16 team for this year will be an elite team as well. They also have U15 and U13 teams. Last year, practices were at Crescent Heights, Father Lacombe and SAIT but that always depends on gym availability. They also run a U17 club spring league that most of the other top club teams participate in. Cost was around 850/900 last year. Tryouts are this coming week and the schedule is at www.genesisbasketball.net. They have a great bunch of coaches and run a solid program.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
johndoe

PostSubject: Re: Genesis basketball???   Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:35 am

Thanks, Do you know if I have to register to try-out for genesis? Or can I just go to the try-outs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
localhoopfan

PostSubject: Re: Genesis basketball???   Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:13 am

Best to register first on their website - then you'll be on their database but I'm certain they won't turn you away if you just showed up. There is a $10 fee for the evaluation sessions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis basketball???   Today at 1:56 am

Back to top Go down

Genesis basketball???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1