HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top 10 teams for next year season 2012-2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BasketballFan

PostSubject: Top 10 teams for next year season 2012-2013   Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:34 pm

Who do you think will be the Top 10 teams for next year season 2012-2013....?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year season 2012-2013   Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:36 pm

in my opinion in no order these are a few teams maybe for sure dunno bout the rest..? any others that maybe surprising
i've only got these 7 and dunno bout the rest
Van college
st.georges
Burnaby South
Kitsilano
Churchill
Lord Tweedsmuir
Tammy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year season 2012-2013   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:11 pm

I don't think it is possible to know except in a general sense, since it depends on who plays senior.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year season 2012-2013   Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:36 pm

Mark Scott wrote:

I don't think it is possible to know except in a general sense, since it depends on who plays senior.

Agreed very hard to tell who'll be playing on the various Jr. squads as many talented Gr.10 youngsters opt to play for their Sr. squads, and the for the talented Gr.8's going to Gr.9, many schools have both a Gr. 9 and Jr team so hard to tell which team they will end up playing on, ala Churchill's talented Gr.8 squad with Izaiah and Karn, not sure if they'll play on Churchill's Gr. 9 team or Jr. team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year season 2012-2013   Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:44 am

alright alright makes sense for sure i agree with that too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FVBasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year season 2012-2013   Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:10 pm

Im not sure bout Tamanawis, but I think the other teams you have there are solid.

I'd also add in Terry Fox (they had a couple of grade 9's on their Jr. team) and West Van, as well as Walnut Grove. So unless a lot of grade 10's move up to senior, I'd put it like this;

1. VC
2. Burnaby South
3. St. Georges
4. Killarney
5. Terry Fox
6. Kitsilano
7. Lord Tweedsmuir
8. Walnut Grove
9. Churchill
10. West Van

Not sure who else would be in the conversation; Macneil? Fleetwood? Delview? Tammy? SMU I'd imagine, don't know about Claremont or Gleneagle next year? Should be a lot of solid teams, led by the private schools and Bby South I'd imagine.........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year season 2012-2013   Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:03 pm

Coquitlam league will be between Heritage and Fox. Fox had four 9's playing up this past year. Not sure if all 4 will be back at the Jr level again next year. But the Fox 9s finished 5th in the Valleys I think so they have some talent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year season 2012-2013   Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:12 am

FVBasketballFan wrote:
Im not sure bout Tamanawis, but I think the other teams you have there are solid.

I'd also add in Terry Fox (they had a couple of grade 9's on their Jr. team) and West Van, as well as Walnut Grove. So unless a lot of grade 10's move up to senior, I'd put it like this;

1. VC
2. Burnaby South
3. St. Georges
4. Killarney
5. Terry Fox
6. Kitsilano
7. Lord Tweedsmuir
8. Walnut Grove
9. Churchill
10. West Van

Not sure who else would be in the conversation; Macneil? Fleetwood? Delview? Tammy? SMU I'd imagine, don't know about Claremont or Gleneagle next year? Should be a lot of solid teams, led by the private schools and Bby South I'd imagine.........

St George's grade 9 team finished 8th at the provincials. I expect they will be top 10 again and should improve with their commitment to off-season training. The grade 9s playing junior this yr will play senior next yr.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jbooke

PostSubject: Junior Boys Rankings   Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:16 pm

Now that a lot of grade 10s have decided if they're playing junior or senior, this is my preseason take.

1. VC (Great depth at guards, lead by Mccoy, Jordan, and Matt)
2. Churchill (Young group, lead by Izaiah, Karn, and Harry. Will be 1 if Gary plays down)
3. Kitsilano (Decent size, lead by Peter, Anthony, and Lucas)
4. Burnaby South (Jermaine and Nic playing senior, still good group with Tyus and EJ)
5. Pitt Meadows (Strong inside lead by Graham and Jordan)
6. Killarney (Stephan Guan will carry this team, Alex Hung helps down low)
7. West Van (Good outside shooters on this team lead by Kalen and Matin)
8. Tamanawis (Strong group lead by Sahil Dhami)
9. St. George's (Will be good despite Ethan and Derek playing up)
10. Heritage Woods (Good guard play with Tamam heading the attack)
Honorable mention- OKM, Tweeds, Fox, Oak Bay, Claremont, Semi, and WG
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fair-Bball

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year season 2012-2013   Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:01 pm

FVBasketballFan wrote:

1. VC
2. Burnaby South
3. St. Georges
4. Killarney
5. Terry Fox
6. Kitsilano
7. Lord Tweedsmuir
8. Walnut Grove
9. Churchill
10. West Van

Tammy Jrs will be strong if their top Gr 9 players moved up:

Aminder Basra – Grade 8 Fraser Valley Championship MVP (very strong, plays like a football player…look out if he develops his shot and right hand)
Sagar Dulay – Grade 8 Surrey City Championship MVP (great IQ, very good passer…probably the best shooter in BC in his age group… big 6-0 PG/SG)
Gary Sahota – Soft touch for a big guy…plays 4 can score against bigs with big time moves around the hoop..6-2 PF)
Sahil Dhami – Very strong player plays 5…fitness is a issue...seems always struggling with his knees.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year season 2012-2013   Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:21 pm

JrCoachS wrote:
Coquitlam league will be between Heritage and Fox. Fox had four 9's playing up this past year. Not sure if all 4 will be back at the Jr level again next year. But the Fox 9s finished 5th in the Valleys I think so they have some talent.

4 of the Fox 9's who played up last yr who are now in gr10 (Liam Hancock, Jomari Reyes etc.) are playing up for the Fox Sr. team this season.

Jbooke wrote:
2. Churchill (Young group, lead by Izaiah, Karn, and Harry. Will be 1 if Gary plays down)
Gary Minhas will play on the Churchill Jr. squad this yr. from my knowledge, which should make them a fairly formidable Jr team this season. You also forgot to add the name of Churchill PG Lambert Pajayon who I beleive was the MVP of the GR.8 Provincials.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year season 2012-2013   Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:59 pm

I think with tweedsmuir having both Basketball BC players on their team, Justin Mason good shooter and a little bit taller and Terrell Jana who is also a good shooter with some good ball handles as well, weill crack the top ten for sure you might even see them sneak up from 4-7 as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year season 2012-2013   Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:42 am

BasketballFan wrote:
I think with tweedsmuir having both Basketball BC players on their team, Justin Mason good shooter and a little bit taller and Terrell Jana who is also a good shooter with some good ball handles as well, weill crack the top ten for sure you might even see them sneak up from 4-7 as well.

Justin's playing senior and terrell left for STM like jalan from what I have heard, would definitely be top 10 with those two still their
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 teams for next year season 2012-2013   Today at 8:49 pm

Back to top Go down

Top 10 teams for next year season 2012-2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1