HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top teams 2012/2013?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
REB Basketball

PostSubject: Top teams 2012/2013?   Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:13 pm

Which teams are geared up, reloading and looking to be the class of the 2012/2013 season?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Top teams 2012/2013?   Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:10 pm

Louis Riel, St. Pats, Earl, and Glebe will be solid in AAA/AAAA. St. Francis, Merivale, Immaculata, St. Joes, Mother Theresa, and perhaps Hillcrest will be solid AA teams. Ashbury juniors were strong this year so they may be back to being the team to beat as the single A rep. Louis Riel, as always, could be in either division based on their school size and have bounced back and forth over the last few years. SRB will be AA size but might stay in AAA/AAAA division and will be competitive. St. Peter and St. Matts have had solid runs in senior for a long time, but lose a lot this year and their juniors did not have great seasons. Still, I would hesitate to count out these two teams. Apparently the Life Christian Academy will be in the league next year, but I am not sure which division they will compete in, who they have coming in, or who they have coming back, so I have no idea if they will be in the conversation for next year or not.

My mid march prediction for next season's top five in the city (leaving SRB out of course) might be:

1. Louis Riel
2. St. Pats
3. Glebe
4. St. Francis
5. Immaculata

Last edited by coachc on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Top teams 2012/2013?   Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:48 pm

Rumour has it that Immaculata will play in AAA/AAAA next year, they will have the best lineup of grade 10s in the city next year. And for Life christian academy their program is based on top recruits from the Bahamas wouldnt that be unfair for them to compete in the leauge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basketlife

PostSubject: Re: Top teams 2012/2013?   Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:28 pm

I think christian academy should be allowed to play, ottawa is trying to build a reputation as a basketball city with GOOD competition, how would we do that if we just cut out teams who seem "unfair"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xavier Rimrocker

PostSubject: Re: Top teams 2012/2013?   Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:40 pm

baller29 wrote:
And for Life christian academy their program is based on top recruits from the Bahamas wouldnt that be unfair for them to compete in the leauge.

Why would it be unfair? The players will be OFSAA eligible based on their enrolment at the school this past year. They are no different than any other private school or publicly-funded school with a regional program that is currently allowed to compete in Ontario high school sports.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Top teams 2012/2013?   Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:28 pm

I am not sure that LCA was "cut out" of our league this year. In fact, I believe that when they applied to be entered, they were accepted. They just applied too late to be accepted for 2011/2012 but they are suppose to be in next year. It would have been interesting had they played in the league this year to see how they would have done. I am not sure they would have been a contender (I only saw them compete twice though) but they could have given some of the top teams some good games. Still, they may have chosen to play single A rather than AAA/AAAA because their school is so small. From what I saw, I still think that the teams who represented at all four levels of ofsaa this year would have been there regardless, but LCA was fun to watch. It will be interesting to see how they do next year and how many of their players return for the season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top teams 2012/2013?   Today at 9:05 am

Back to top Go down

Top teams 2012/2013?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1