HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top 15 Next Year (2012-2013)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
basketballactivist

PostSubject: Top 15 Next Year (2012-2013)    Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:28 am

My Pre-Season Rankings... If the world doesnt end on December 12 Laughing
To much garbage talk from certain people in the other topic.

1.White Rock Christian Academy: Tyus, Peter, Vartan, Sam

2.Walnut Grove: Jadon, Paul, Brad, core group of junoirs

3.Kitsalano: Luka, Tom, Justin, Stefan, Noah, Andrew, Vibhor

4.Churchill: Mindy, Sasha, Matt, Jesse, Nathan

5.St. Georges: Deklan, Tylon, Drew

6.W.J. Mouat: Tristian, Corey, Amrit, Daniel

7.Vancouver college: Gogy, Chris, Bicky

8.Yale: Quinn, JJ, Sasha, Decent junoirs

9.Kelowa: Malcolm, Buzz, John, Darrian

10. Pitt Meadows: Sebastian, Jordan, Sho

11.Enver Creek: Gurkirit, Nicholas, Aaron, David, Parmeet

12.Gleneagle: Denver, Artem, Solid group of junoirs.

13.Lord Tweedsmuir: Paarus, Pavan, Brayden

14. Elgin Park: Rajiv, Sam, Alex

15.South Kamloops: Elijah, jacob

Honorable Mention: Terry Fox, Claremont, Carson, Belmont, Burnaby South.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Next Year (2012-2013)    Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:26 am

I thought Rajiv has transferred to McMath from Elgin Park in his junior year. I remember there were posts about Karn recruited him or something like that, right about the time when you guys decided to split the junior and the senior threads, when Coach Fabio ruled HoopLife Junior forum. I could be wrong!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woodenpaidhisplayers2

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Next Year (2012-2013)    Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:59 am

basketballactivist wrote:
My Pre-Season Rankings... If the world doesnt end on December 12 Laughing
To much garbage talk from certain people in the other topic.

1.White Rock Christian Academy: Tyus, Peter, Vartan, Sam

2.Walnut Grove: Jadon, Paul, Brad, core group of junoirs

3.Kitsalano: Luka, Tom, Justin, Stefan, Noah, Andrew, Vibhor

4.Churchill: Mindy, Sasha, Matt, Jesse, Nathan

5.St. Georges: Deklan, Tylon, Drew

6.W.J. Mouat: Tristian, Corey, Amrit, Daniel

7.Vancouver college: Gogy, Chris, Bicky

8.Yale: Quinn, JJ, Sasha, Decent junoirs

9.Kelowa: Malcolm, Buzz, John, Darrian

10. Pitt Meadows: Sebastian, Jordan, Sho

11.Enver Creek: Gurkirit, Nicholas, Aaron, David, Parmeet

12.Gleneagle: Denver, Artem, Solid group of junoirs.

13.Lord Tweedsmuir: Paarus, Pavan, Brayden

14. Elgin Park: Rajiv, Sam, Alex

15.South Kamloops: Elijah, jacob

Honorable Mention: Terry Fox, Claremont, Carson, Belmont, Burnaby South.

This looks like a well done ranking. Thanks for your effort.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Next Year (2012-2013)    Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:52 am

i havent seen a lot of teams play outside of the frasers so jusst ranking the top 16 from frasers

1. Walnut Grove- Basically the whole team is back and are joined by juniors who finished 5th and wouldve won if cohee played. Top Players are Jadon Getz and Hoffman
2. WRCA- They lost their best player, but have majority of their players back, this team will depend a lot on Tyus Allen and expect him to take over Newmans role. Top players are Tyus Allen, Peter Spenghel, Tanielien
3. WJ Mouat- Tristan Etienne is gonna be a force next year and is joined by corey huack, Daniel Pawlik and a junior team that finished 4th in frasers. Top Players are Etienne, Huack and Pawlik
4. North Delta- Came one win shy of makin BCs but they will definitely be making the trip to LEC next year, this team succes depends on its bigs, theirs a lot of depth and height on this team but the bigs werent that good this year. Their top players are Manvir Gahir, Harbir Phool and Karun Samra and they have all been playing up since grade 9 and 10
5. Yale- This team returns their two best players in Boire and Panktraz and could surprise and sneak into the 3rd spot, Yale has a great program so this team could be really really good next year, depth might be a concern, juniors lost in the 1st round of the playoffs.
6. Pitt Meadows- This team loses most of their players and will be fighting to make the provincials next year, Senior group finsihed 4th in juniors last year and the grade10s coming up were 5th this year. Top players are Jordan rich and Nashimoto
7. Enver Creek- This team was a provincial champion in grade 8 and wouldve been top 5 last year junior had gurkirat and david not played up, this team has the talent to be really good and surprise people but majority of the players dont believe in the coaching staff and arent willing to improve, this team will only go as far as david, gurkirat and parmeet take them.
8. Terry Fox- The provincial champs have lost a majority of their players and probably wont be heading to the BCs next year, Juniors got knocked out by Pitt who finished 5th in frasers- Top players are Casey and Cam Nicol
9. Gleneagle- Will be making a huge jump from being in the low 20s to top 10 in frasers next year mainly because of a great group of juniors coming up that finished 4th in BC. Top players are Denver Sparks Guest, Tarik Scott and Zaporozets
10. Lord Tweedsmuir- I have coached against this team a few times and watched them play quite a bit and it totally relies on its backcourt of pavan and paarus, if they are having an off night this team is easy to beat, but when they are on they can beat anyone and an example would be their game against pitt last year where the 1st time they lost by 30+ and the second time by 3. If you can hold this team under 60 your almost garunteed to win.
Anybody can be ahead of anyone in the next 6
11. Elgin Park- This team will have a really good starting 5 but the depth will be a big question mark the junior team coming up was 12th in surrey. Will be led by Rajiv Dhaliwal and Alex Hadikin
12. Panorama Ridge- The senior team went 0-10 this year but were missing some key players including Obi, next year they will have a shot to go 9-1 atleast. The junior group moving up won Surreys and finished top 6 in frasers. Top players are Obi and Nimrit Plaha
13. Sardis- This team is losing only one player from last years team, they will have a lot of depth and have a solid big in Hayden Lejuene.
14. Tamanawas- This team is led by Sukhjot bains and Amit Sandhu and a decent group of juniors coming up, they lack the size they had last year. Sukhjot isnt as agressive as he should be and with the defenses focus on him someone else will have to step up. Playing AAU over the summer could change a lot of those things.
15. Delta- Return four of their starting 5 and the same group finished top 8 in frasers last year.
16. Seaquam- All but one of their best players are back and will have enough depth to compete with any team( Havent watched them play but basing it on what others have said and junior results)
17. MEI- Have a solid group of juniors moving up that finished 3rd in Frasers and will be joining 7-8 senior players (Havent watched them play)
18. Centennial- Dont know much about them but they have a lot of players returning form this years team

Central East South North
Enver walnut WRCA Pitt
Tweeds mouat ND Terry Fox
Fleetwood yale Elgin Gleneagle
QE Sardis Panorama Centennial
KP MEI Tamanawas Fraser Heights
Johnston Hts Robert Bateman Delta Westview
Matheson Abby Collegiate Seaquam SRT
PM Brookswood Earl Mariott Pinetree

Back to top Go down
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Next Year (2012-2013)    Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:40 am

bball81 wrote:

7. Enver Creek- This team was a provincial champion in grade 8 and wouldve been top 5 last year junior had gurkirat and david not played up, this team has the talent to be really good and surprise people but majority of the players dont believe in the coaching staff and arent willing to improve, this team will only go as far as david, gurkirat and parmeet take them.
Good look on the Frasers bball81. Is Aaron Nann still with Enver? He was a key player for them when they were Gr.8 champion. How's he playing these days? David still the post player?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Next Year (2012-2013)    Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:19 pm

Lefon Jang wrote:
bball81 wrote:

Good look on the Frasers bball81. Is Aaron Nann still with Enver? He was a key player for them when they were Gr.8 champion. How's he playing these days? David still the post player?

Aaaron is still their and came of the bench this year, but he may or may not be playing next year, he has become more of a role player now and really hasn't developed at all, from what i have heard he has lost interest and was a 7th-8th man this year and David played the 3 spot but i expect him to play 4 next year since enver lost all 3 of their big guys

Last edited by bball81 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Next Year (2012-2013)    Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:34 pm

bball81 wrote:
i havent seen a lot of teams play outside of the frasers so jusst ranking the top 16 from frasers

1. Walnut Grove- Basically the whole team is back and are joined by juniors who finished 5th and wouldve won if cohee played. Top Players are Jadon Getz and Hoffman
2. WRCA- They lost their best player, but have majority of their players back, this team will depend a lot on Tyus Allen and expect him to take over Newmans role. Top players are Tyus Allen, Peter Spenghel, Tanielien

Very realistic one bball81. However want to ask you one thing, since walnut lost their main players like desean and two others whereas whiterock lost only newman, dont you want to put whiterock ahead of walnut. Desean and newman cancels each other but loss of two others to gratuation will hurt walnut more than whiterock. Your thoughts??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Next Year (2012-2013)    Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:22 pm

edward wrote:
bball81 wrote:

Very realistic one bball81. However want to ask you one thing, since walnut lost their main players like desean and two others whereas whiterock lost only newman, dont you want to put whiterock ahead of walnut. Desean and newman cancels each other but loss of two others to gratuation will hurt walnut more than whiterock. Your thoughts??

I think these two teams are very evenly matched and they basically lost 3 main players each, Baerg pelling and newman for WRCA and Luu, Monsanto and MCkean for Grove. I think these two teams will be going back and forth for the #1 spot the whole year and its basically a TIE for 1st place and the shocking thing to me is that they didnt play each other at all this season so we dont really know how the game would go and by looking at the rosters their pretty evenly matched and no team has a size advantage or anything so its going to be really interesting watching them battle it out all season long.
Back to top Go down
BasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Next Year (2012-2013)    Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:16 pm

If Terry Fox isnt making the BC's then they should defs be put a bit lower and the likes of Tweedy and GlenEagle should be ahead of them.

Tweedy might even take over enver's #7 spot and with Pitt meadows #6 spot as they did beat pitt in the junior year to go to provincials, in your pre-season ranking in my opinion. Yea they lack in size but they have i believe 2 juniors comin up which are good and one that brings height to the team.I do agree when Tweedy on fire and hot they hard to stop but sometimes if they down u can beat em BUT they can also make combacks as well if they choose to. The winner of that division will most likely go to the BC's for sure.

And for the #1spot it is a toss up and i believe that WRCA will most likely get it at the end from the frasers yet the low seeded teams have beaten WRCA so who knows

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Next Year (2012-2013)    Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:26 pm

BasketballFan wrote:

Tweedy might even take over enver's #7 spot and with Pitt meadows #6 spot as they did beat pitt in the junior year to go to provincials, in your pre-season ranking in my opinion. Yea they lack in size but they have i believe 2 juniors comin up which are good and one that brings height to the team.I do agree when Tweedy on fire and hot they hard to stop but sometimes if they down u can beat em BUT they can also make combacks as well if they choose to. The winner of that division will most likely go to the BC's for sure.

having seen all 3 of the enver vs tweedsmuir games this year i can say that enver should be able to beat them easily..... tweeds lost in a blowout during central semis by 35 and during the league game enver was actually up by 30 before they put their bench in, the rcmp game was lot different paarus had around three 4 point plays and they just had it going for a bit and brought it down to a point during the 3rd quarter, tweedsmuir is talented enough to beat them but i dont remember the last time i saw them play any defense, i watched about 6-7 games (i think thats a pretty big sample size) and in all of em the defense was bad........ another problem i saw with that team was the coaching staff as well, i think a coach should put his time into one team instead of 2 or 3 teams, i just feel like its not the best thing to do if you want to have a good team, but this shouldnt be a concern next year thou since drew gallacher will be coaching the juniors so maybe they can work those things out and make bcs
Back to top Go down
realitycheck

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Next Year (2012-2013)    Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:17 am

bball81:

You have some good insight into Valley teams and their players. Your math and questioning of coaches leaves little to be desired. You claimed Panorama could go 9-1 "at least" yet you then predict them to finish 4th in the West, interesting call. You also claim that you have coached against Tweedsmuir. This then means you are a coach? If so, poor form to come on this forum and call out the Tweedsmuir coaches and to suggest enver kids don't believe in their coach either. If you know a good player when you see one, stick to commenting on that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Next Year (2012-2013)    Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:39 am

I wish there’re more “tell-it-as-it-is” coaches like bball81. This is a forum; everyone should be able to express his opinions rather than trying to be righteous all the time. As soon as someone said something that pinches a nerve, he gets a reality check. It is what it is, that’s nothing wrong of saying that a coach is coaching too many teams or his players doesn’t believe in him. If you don’t agree that’s fine, but don’t shut him up. Otherwise no one is going to tell you what he thinks. We all have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak. bball81 is doing a heck of a job giving us an insight into the Frasers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Next Year (2012-2013)    Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:37 pm

Just be responsible guys. We all know lots of 'things' but not all of it is suitable for a public forum...especially when majority of posters have aliases. Coaches don't deserve garbage about being them dished out on a board. It's already tough for them when they have to volunteer hundreds of hours, thousands of dollars, an upset wife at home, disgruntled players parents, bad refs and public-private BS. Let's not try to be a hero at somebody else's expense. If you've got something to say...change ur username to ur real name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Next Year (2012-2013)    Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:15 am

realitycheck wrote:
bball81:

You have some good insight into Valley teams and their players. Your math and questioning of coaches leaves little to be desired. You claimed Panorama could go 9-1 "at least" yet you then predict them to finish 4th in the West, interesting call. You also claim that you have coached against Tweedsmuir. This then means you are a coach? If so, poor form to come on this forum and call out the Tweedsmuir coaches and to suggest enver kids don't believe in their coach either. If you know a good player when you see one, stick to commenting on that.

I said panorama has a "shot" to go 9-1 atleast meaning they can beat everyone besides wrca............ N I'm not saying that the tweedsmuir coaches are bad what I am saying is that for a team to live up to their potential the coach should just focus on that one team, you may not agree with that but in my opinion u should coach one team obviously I don't know the exact circumstances and why that happened but I'm just telling you my opinion..... And with the enver situation there are some kids that don't believe in it and you can see by their development and I also said that guys like david nichalaus parmeet gurkirat are committed and I shouldve phrased it the right way.... And I'm not trying to bash coaches or there programs everyone has some problems and I'm just saying it how it is, teams like tweedsmuir and enver didn't live up to their potential last year and there has to be a reason for that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Next Year (2012-2013)    Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:29 am

Sim wrote:
Just be responsible guys. We all know lots of 'things' but not all of it is suitable for a public forum...especially when majority of posters have aliases. Coaches don't deserve garbage about being them dished out on a board. It's already tough for them when they have to volunteer hundreds of hours, thousands of dollars, an upset wife at home, disgruntled players parents, bad refs and public-private BS. Let's not try to be a hero at somebody else's expense. If you've got something to say...change ur username to ur real name.

I wasnt trying to offend anyone here or take shots at anyone.... Sometimes you don't realize that what ur saying isn't rite and you can't really explain yourself with words, everyone sees things differently.... N I barely ever post on here I had an account before n I never posted and this last month is like my 1st time, try to stay away from it n I think I should maybe get back to that, but then again either noone does anything like rankings because stuff always comes out n what I said was pretty obvious to everyone in my opinion
Back to top Go down
asiseeit

PostSubject: I know what you mean   Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Lefon Jang wrote:
I wish there’re more “tell-it-as-it-is” coaches like bball81. This is a forum; everyone should be able to express his opinions rather than trying to be righteous all the time. As soon as someone said something that pinches a nerve, he gets a reality check. It is what it is, that’s nothing wrong of saying that a coach is coaching too many teams or his players doesn’t believe in him. If you don’t agree that’s fine, but don’t shut him up. Otherwise no one is going to tell you what he thinks. We all have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak. bball81 is doing a heck of a job giving us an insight into the Frasers.

Last time, I posted something on the 'Saints vs Vc " the moderator closed the topic.So from now on, it's better to be politically correct rather than say what's on your chest.
Where there is smoke there is fire.
AsIseeit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Next Year (2012-2013)    Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:00 pm

Well enver did lose abit of height and possibly some talent as well this year so the that Division is up for grabs between enver and tweedy as tweedy will be gettin their full junior provincial team back. Tweedy is a team that can beat anyone in the likes of provincial teams but then again can also lose as well to anyone so who knows its a toss up in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FVBasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Next Year (2012-2013)    Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:17 pm

..... another problem i saw with that team was the coaching staff as well, i think a coach should put his time into one team instead of 2 or 3 teams, i just feel like its not the best thing to do if you want to have a good team, but this shouldnt be a concern next year thou since drew gallacher will be coaching the juniors so maybe they can work those things out and make bcs [/quote]

Id heard this as well about Tweedy's coach just doing Senior next year, but thought it was a rumour at this point - is Drew going to coach Tweedy's junior team? Coach Raj is a very committed coach - I understand 2 years ago he coached the Grade 8, Junior and Senior teams. That's an awful lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 15 Next Year (2012-2013)    Today at 1:06 am

Back to top Go down

Top 15 Next Year (2012-2013)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1