HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Drive, AllBall, or Basketball BC?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Drive, AllBall, or Basketball BC?   Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:35 am

I'm wondering which program would you recommend doing during the Summer for my players.

Last edited by Coach_JS on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
newmember

PostSubject: Re: Drive, AllBall, or Basketball BC?   Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:01 pm

Allball in my opinion is the best program if your looking to get better and improve your overall game. Drive is for playing games and not really improving. BBC I dont think is very good anymore and its overpriced
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox2030

PostSubject: Re: Drive, AllBall, or Basketball BC?   Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:39 pm

jvball wrote:
Allball in my opinion is the best program if your looking to get better and improve your overall game. Drive is for playing games and not really improving. BBC I dont think is very good anymore and its overpriced

I do not know a lot about ALL Ball , but drive does tons of games against AAU teams. You pay hotel and travel costs in addition of membership fees. I have heard that Drive costs can be ~$4000 + by the time players buy food , and travel costs and fees. They play more than they practice and expect to sit on the bench if you are not a top 5 player. They start in late March and go to the end of August, so they play more games, than Basketball BC.

Basketball BC costs about $1300, but this may have increased. It includes about 4 AAU tournies (2/3 of what drive plays). If things have not changed over the last few years, this includes travel to all tournies, hotel and travel to Nationals. Players only buy food and other minor expenses. I believe shoes, warm ups etc are also supplied.
Coaching can be very average on some years, but Randy Nohr?, Barnaby and Ebe are the top coaches in BC coaching youth and you can not go wrong with them. I would find out who the head coach is before try outs if this is an issue. Basketball BC also practices regulary throughout July, but a very short season. They do have a mandate for reasonably equal playing time which can make it hard to gel early in their season, however if you are not a top 5 player you will see a lot of floor time with BBC.

Basketball BC is an extension of Candada Basketball so it is hard to compete $$ with it. They have sponsors as well as grant money. Coaches are also volunteers who get a small honorarium to cover travel costs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drive, AllBall, or Basketball BC?   Today at 9:08 am

Back to top Go down

Drive, AllBall, or Basketball BC?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1