HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

BCHSBBA Voting Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

PostSubject: BCHSBBA Voting Results   Thu May 10, 2012 12:49 pm

For Immediate Release:

Please forward the following statement to all BCHSBBA coaches, school Athletic Directors, and interested parties. My apologies if you receive this multiple times.

BCHSBBA Members,

Here are the results for the 2012 Motions. The return rate was very high (almost 200 ballots returned) The first attachment shows the overall outcome of all four motions; the second shows a breakdown of the vote by current tier for the Fourth Tier motion. In summary here are the outcomes:

Introduction of Proxy Votes - Passed
Creation of 2 new Exec. positions - Passed
Splitting of LM Zone @ AAA - Defeated (received 63% support)
Creation of a 4th Tier - Passed
* this motion received significant support at all levels
** AAA = 83.7 % AA = 62.5 A = 69.4% Exec/Gov/Life = 66.6%

Thank you to everyone who cast their vote and took part in the consultation process. The Executive will now undertake a process to select a Tournament Committee for the new tier (starting 2013/2014) following the guidelines published in the BCHSBBA Handbook. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me or Kerry Taylor (incoming BCHSBBA President taylor_k@sd36.bc.ca) directly.

James Johnston
President, BCHSBBA
Vice-Principal, South Delta Secondary
(ph) 604-943-7407
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: BCHSBBA Voting Results   Sat May 12, 2012 4:43 pm

I'm very happy to see a 4th tier added as it should give another 16 teams a chance to play for a provincial championship. I guess time will tell how the option of playing up will affect the different tiers and it will be interesting to see how it plays out

I think there will be an effort to have to the four tiers play off and as much fun as that could be I think just ending the season with the four champions would be in the best interests of the kids.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vancouversportsevents.com
BCHSBBA Voting Results
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1