HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Disbrow to coach Saints?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Disbrow to coach Saints?   Mon May 14, 2012 5:42 pm

Hearing strong rumours that Bill Disbrow is the new Head Coach at St George's. Interesting...

Did Guy get fired because he wouldn't cut his hair?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Re: Disbrow to coach Saints?   Mon May 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Last edited by Mark Scott on Tue May 15, 2012 12:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I no longer want my comments on this topic. If I could delete I would.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Disbrow to coach Saints?   Mon May 14, 2012 6:27 pm

I was joking about the hair...

Happy for Guy, he's a good guy.

Don't know about Disbrow though, while he is a legend in BC basketball he wasn't well recieved by the VC players the past couple years. I'm intrigued to see how it goes at Saints.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuyLafleur

PostSubject: Re: Disbrow to coach Saints?   Tue May 15, 2012 5:22 am

IMO Disbrow has to be one of the more overrated coaches in BC history

Those Richmond teams he won all those titles with were stacked beyond belief because so many great feeder junior highs sent their players to Richmond Secondary. His teams were stacked with 6-7 provincial teamers sometimes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pooch

PostSubject: Really?   Wed May 16, 2012 9:44 am

I know several of the VC players from the past few years and this.
Strange that you have heard he was unpopular. Those I know say exactly the opposite. He was extremely popular according to them.
Anyway, I guess there are always kids who have feelings different than the majority but the kids I asked about this said they couldn't even think of who might have been unhappy.
Anyway, yes it will be interesting to see how Saints do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Disbrow to coach Saints?   Thu May 17, 2012 7:03 pm

I know more than a few of the members from the last three years. All of them to a man prefer Lloyd to Bill.

[quote="Pooch"]I know several of the VC players from the past few years and this.
Strange that you have heard he was unpopular. Those I know say exactly the opposite. He was extremely popular according to them.
Anyway, I guess there are always kids who have feelings different than the majority but the kids I asked about this said they couldn't even think of who might have been unhappy.
Anyway, yes it will be interesting to see how Saints do.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Disbrow to coach Saints?   Fri May 18, 2012 1:24 pm

VC had 15 players in their roster and only played 6. So I guess you can say those 6 that played were much happier than the 9 that didn’t. This year we see contrasting style of coaching between Disbrow and Guy. Guy played 9-10 players with constant rotations whereas Disbrow stayed with his starters pretty much throughout the entire game. This could be due to the difference in the makeup of the two teams as well. Saints had mostly grade 12s.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pooch

PostSubject: Re: Disbrow to coach Saints?   Fri May 18, 2012 2:20 pm

I don't know who they liked more...I was only replying to the comment that he wasn't well received. I think they liked both. Anyway, in my opinion they are both good people and excellent coaches and I wish both of them well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachb

PostSubject: Re: Disbrow to coach Saints?   Mon May 21, 2012 2:53 am

If this is true good luck to coach Disbrow and the Saints in the upcoming season. They will still need to get sorted out how the lowermainland playoffs wll work in the upcoming season, let's hope the lawyers don't leave it until the end. The motion to separate the independents in the lower mainlands was narrowly defeated but the result is the mess still needs to be sorted out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TightD

PostSubject: Re: Disbrow to coach Saints?   Mon May 21, 2012 11:57 am

Good luck to coach Disbrow...should heat up the VC/ST.G series to a new level.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller1000

PostSubject: Re: Disbrow to coach Saints?   Mon May 21, 2012 9:23 pm

The rivalry between VC and Saints is longstanding and deep. It transcends coaching changes. The schools share similarities yet they are quite different. Both take basketball seriously and their rivalry is at once, born out of respect, and (at the same time) dislike, of each other. May it continue for a long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disbrow to coach Saints?   Today at 7:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Disbrow to coach Saints?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1