HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Jadon Cohee cadet team tryouts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TightD

PostSubject: Jadon Cohee cadet team tryouts   Mon May 21, 2012 11:26 am

Tryouts were this weekend...anybody have any updates. BC players invited were Jadon Cohee, grade nine phenom Jauquin Bennett-Boire, Jamie Madewan and Alex Hart from Kelowna.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: Jadon Cohee cadet team tryouts   Thu May 24, 2012 3:11 am

Unfortunately it always seems so difficult to get information on CB activities especailly with the younger teams. I can tell you that Madewan took a hard fall in the first hour of the tryout and landed on his head. He had some some concussion symptoms so the doctors would not let him play the rest of the weekend, a tough break for Jamie. I believe that Hart, Boire & Cohee did not get invited back.
At the Junior Men's level Cam Smythe, Braxston Bunce, Mitch Goodwin, & Connor Morgan attended and I believe that Morgan and Bunce have been invited back for the next round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TightD

PostSubject: Re: Jadon Cohee cadet team tryouts   Thu May 24, 2012 9:22 am

Thanks, so tough to find any info on the tryouts. That is a tough break for Madewan. Boire and Cohee still have another chance next year. Know very little about Hart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BJH

PostSubject: Re: Jadon Cohee cadet team tryouts   Thu May 24, 2012 5:49 pm

ebe wrote:
Unfortunately it always seems so difficult to get information on CB activities especailly with the younger teams. I can tell you that Madewan took a hard fall in the first hour of the tryout and landed on his head. He had some some concussion symptoms so the doctors would not let him play the rest of the weekend, a tough break for Jamie. I believe that Hart, Boire & Cohee did not get invited back.
At the Junior Men's level Cam Smythe, Braxston Bunce, Mitch Goodwin, & Connor Morgan attended and I believe that Morgan and Bunce have been invited back for the next round.

Yes, all of this is accurate. I arrived on Saturday morning to watch and I guess by then Jamie had suffered the injury, so I didn't see him. Braxston and Conor both played very well. Braxston would have a realistic chance at starting. Jadon made it through the cuts down to 22, but was cut a day later when they trimmed it to 17 overall.

I have been told that 34 (17 on both teams) remain and here is how the western provinces did (UNOFFICIALLY):

Junior U19s
Made cuts to 17: Braxston Bunce (BC), Joe De Ciman (SK), Conor Morgan (BC), Trey Lyles* (SK)
Cut: Mitch Goodwin (BC), John Hegwood Jr. (AB), Cam Smythe (BC), Jordan Jensen-Whyte (AB)

*did not attend tryouts

Cadet U18s
Made cuts to 17: none
Cut: Alex Hart (BC), Jamie Madewan (BC), Jadon Cohee (BC), Jasdeep Gill (AB), Jauquin Bennett-Boire (BC), Atlee Simon (SK)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hoopstarscanada.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jadon Cohee cadet team tryouts   Today at 7:13 am

Back to top Go down

Jadon Cohee cadet team tryouts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1