HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
str8gimwt

PostSubject: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:55 pm

DOES ANY1 HAVE THE PLAYOFF GAMESZ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:07 pm

Single A is on February 17 and it will be two semis then the final is Feb 23 at 4pm at Carleton. The semi matchups are Deslauriers @ Louis Riel and Ottawa Islamic @ Ashbury

AA

Quarter finals are on Feb 16 and semis are Feb 18
Woodroffe vs Notre Dame winner to play St. Paul

Mother Theresa vs Immaculata winner to play Lester B Pearson

Finals are Feb 23 at Carleton at 6:00 pm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
str8gimwt

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:20 am

thnk you can you give me more info about the two semifinal games of single A. How are Ashbury and Ottawa Islamic also LR and Del
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:13 am

Ashbury's size will create very difficult matchup problems for OIS. Also they are much more disciplined and fundamental when it comes to not turning over the ball. I would doubt that OIS will get many second chance opportunities and will try to beat a very strong team oriented unit in Ashbury playing one on one.

Deslauriers almost beat St. Matts this year at the St. Joes tournament and Gavin had fouled out. They are much more disciplined than years past and seem to work well together at times. They are a bit small but very quick and athletic. If Louis Riel plays zone against them then they may force Deslauriers to hit a few outside shots which they did not display a knack for in the two or three games I saw them. Louis Riel I only saw once and they seemed to fight with each other more than try to work together on the court. Perhaps I got them on a bad day?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbplayer10

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:28 am

My predictions for the playoffs are as following:
Semifinals
Louis Riel vs Deslauriers
Winner: Deslauriers by 2

Ashbury vs Ottawa Islamic
Winner: Ottawa Islamic by 5

Ashbury is a good team with two very talented post players and also well coached but OIS will come out strong with the confidence they have from the Petawawa tournament (lost by 1 in the semis to a very strong club team from Montreal). I also think that #1 for OIS will have an outstanding game. OIS's zone defense and shooters will give them the victory.

Finals
Ottawa Islamic vs Deslauriers

These two teams met up in the Coca Cola Classic and Deslauriers ended up winning by 5. Ottawa Islamic came up strong in the beginning winning by almost 20 in the first Quarter. #31, center for OIS got into foul trouble and Deslaurier tied up the game at halftime. #1 for OIS kept them in it but they ended up losing by 5. OIS Guard #1 scored 38 points including five 3pointers.
Winner: Ottawa Islamic in a close one
If OIS can stay out of foul trouble they'll end up victorious.

LETS GO OIS!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:24 pm

Who did OIS lose to in the semis? I heard that Timmins won the tournament beating sun youth in the finals and that the finals were Timmins vs St. Joes and Sun Youth vs Ashbury so I did not hear that OIS made it to the semis of the tournament unless they made it to the semis in either the "B", "C", or "D" championships. IF that is the case, could you really use this tournament results as an indicator that OIS might beat Ashbury when Ashbury lost in the semis of the same tournament but in the "A" division???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbplayer10

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:05 pm

OIS was down by 2 with 10 seconds remaining to St Joes then #31 hit a clutch three to give ois the lead. Ois lost at the last second because of a foul. If they won that game, they would of moved on to the finals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:20 pm

but st. joes did not go to the finals I heard???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbplayer10

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:06 pm

coachc wrote:
but st. joes did not go to the finals I heard???
I'm sorry I confused you a bit -OIS could of went to the finals for their their division.
My mistake

What are your predictions? What do you think of both OIS and Ashbury?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NewBoy

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:23 pm

To me, OIS won't beat Ashbury. They lost by about 45 the first time they played I think. I've seen OIS about mid-season, and I think they could put up a fight, but Ashbury is way too tough for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bbplayer10

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:38 pm

NewBoy wrote:
To me, OIS won't beat Ashbury. They lost by about 45 the first time they played I think. I've seen OIS about mid-season, and I think they could put up a fight, but Ashbury is way too tough for them.
OIS was missing 4 of their starters due to injuries when they lost to Ashbury by 46. Now they have everyone healthy and ready for Wednesdays game.

Note: The entire season, OIS has been missing their star transfer. He's the guy who played for the Hillcrest Hawks last season and came up strong in the finals when their big's got into foul trouble (forward#24). So if he was eligible to play this season then they would be real tough to compete against. He'll be back next season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
str8gimwt

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:17 pm

who does ois have this season or right now who are there key players?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NewBoy

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:51 am

bballplayer, thanks for clearing that up, many probably didn't know they were missing players. And I doubt many people know guys that go to OIS because they are new to the league. Their pg #1 (I think) is really good, but that might be it. I don't think they have much size either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
str8gimwt

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:15 am

so they only have number 1 how about their starters
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WADEJR03

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:22 pm

YOU GUYS ARE CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY LOUIS RIEL IS NOT GONNA LOOSE TO DESLAURIERS ASHBURY SEE YOU IN DA FINALS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WADEJR03

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:26 pm

im tired bout all this bullshit bout my school loosing. we lost in the quarter finals to the champs in the st joes tournament. We finished the regular season 8-2 losing to only ashbury and lester b, erryone sayin were gonna loose to DESLAURIERS(we beat them) NOTRE DAME(we beat them) IMMACULATA(we beat them) ASHBURY SEE YOU AT CARLETON

Last edited by WADEJR03 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WADEJR03

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:28 pm

MAN TO MAN DEFENCE ALL DAY LONG RUN THE FLOOR DAGAH PRESS CARLETON 4PM BE THERE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:07 pm

Looks like Louis Riel won a barn burner and will face Ashbury in the final on Tuesday for the right to go to ofsaa. Well done Louis Riel and good luck on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:24 pm

why is louis riel single A there is no way there school has less then 500 students. there always been tripple a and there a big school there is no way a tripple a school can drop down to be a single a school maybe doubble
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WADEJR03

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:38 pm

Louis riel don't have 500 HIGH SCHOOL students we found a coach last minute the school just threw us in the single a division usually we play aaa because of our teams are usually very strong
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopdreams

PostSubject: A div champs   Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:48 am

I think Louis can beat Ashbury at carleton games are different I think they might be able to upset them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:39 pm

louis riel Plays a really fast pace game there players are really athletic, but ashbury has the top ranked player in ontario, well now for the 1st time theres a challenge in single a never was there a team to contend with ashbury
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OSSCoach

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:17 pm

I agree with this assessment to some degree but having one player doesn't determine the outcome of the game. Assuming it's Jean (sorry if that's not his name) and he gets hurt, can his supporting cast win without him? Louis Riel is a sports school who practices year round with that special program they have. Interesting point about their status as an A school. All their teams compete at various levels. Their Girls team for example won AAA OfSAA in basketball and I believe (correct me if I am wrong) they won Volleyball at the A (possibly AA) level. In Toronto Eastern Commerce does not have a AAAA population by any means yet they compete there year in and out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach flex

PostSubject: GO TO WORK!   Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Yeeeah louis riel is going to work at Carleton!!! OFSAA here we come! ALL DAY EVERYDAY! THANK US LATER!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WADEJR03

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:40 pm

Our game plane is set up to shut down jean. Our basketball team only have 1 player from the sports program. Will the supporting cast from ashbury supply enough offence to pull out a victory? I don't think so
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA   Today at 9:03 am

Back to top Go down

PLAYOFF PICTURE FOR A/AA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next