HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Teacher's union decision - how serious is it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FVBasketballFan

PostSubject: Teacher's union decision - how serious is it?   Tue May 22, 2012 7:01 pm

The BC Teacher's voted 73% in favour of not supporting teachers extra-curricular programs, including coaching.

Given that the majority of BC's school coaches are also teachers, is there a strong likelihood that we could see a cancellation of next year's high school sports?

This post isn't a judgement on this action, but am wondering how serious this is, and if any of these coach/teachers had any thoughts they'd be willing to share on the forum? It would be a shame to see the students and athletes pulled into this fight, but I'm not sure the coaches - whether they support this decision or not - would have much choice in the matter.

I appreciate your comments and thoughts, and thanks in advance for sharing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldSchoolCoach

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's union decision - how serious is it?   Tue May 22, 2012 9:02 pm

Less than 40% of all coaches in BCSS are public school teachers. I do not have a breakdown of % of basketball coaches that are public school teachers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Teacher's union decision - how serious is it?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1