HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Aitken Center Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
takeover

PostSubject: Aitken Center Predictions   Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:19 am

okay. lets start predicting some scores and winners.
ill start with...
AA girls DP over Tobique by 7
AA boys.. itll be a close game til the 4th but i think DP is gonna come out with a win. DP by 5
AAA girls... Riverview by 14
AAA boys.. wow.. what a game this will be.. gonna be an amazing game. Woodstock by 4.

So here we go. Lets hear some of yours Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:22 am

AA girls- Devon Park by 9

AA boys-Devon Park by 4

AAA girls-Riverview by 15

AAA boys-FHS by 7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:28 am

TV OVER DP BY 3

SUG OVER DP BY 7

RIV OVER KV BY 17

WHS OVER FHS BY 11
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:59 am

I predict greaat basketball with 4 teams winning championships and all 8 teams celebrating a successfull seasons.
Back to top Go down
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:59 am

scorekeep probably got it bang on but here is mine anyways .
TV over DP - I originaly said 15 but lets go with 5
DP over Sugarloaf - 3
Riverview over KV - 12
Woodstock over FHS - 2
Should be some great ball . Three of the four games could go either way .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sincerely Yours

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:09 am

TV Panthers will win by 7, and the Sugarloaf Bruins will win by 11. Scorekeep, that was a wimpy post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller MW8

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:07 pm

DP over Tv by 11
DP over sugarloaf by 6
Riverview over Kv by 20
Woody over fhs by 3

Going to be a great weekend !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller001

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:30 pm

DP Over TV by 8
SSHS Over DP by 5
Riverview Over KV by 17
FHS Over WHS by 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HKB11

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:23 pm

DP 69 TV 58
DP 77 Sugarloaf 72
Riverview 78 KV 60
Fredericton 85 Woodstock 82

Last edited by HKB11 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:36 pm

Point spreads are great but why not actual scores?
Back to top Go down
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:46 pm

AA girls - DP 64 -60

AA boys - DP 74 - 62

AAA Girls - Riverview 82 - 76

AAA Boys - WHS 81 - FHS 79
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:51 pm

Coach DJR

I agree with your WHS result as they want to avenge last years effort; they had a bad break during the game and up to that point looked in control. That Woodstock team could easily beat UNB this year.
Back to top Go down
Sincerely Yours

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:09 pm

The madness, the lunacy, the inmates have taken over the asylum. The idea that a high school team from this province could beat a team of grown men, 4 to 5 years their senior is unthinkable. Please return to your padded cell, the meds are on the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlindAsABat

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:54 pm

I think it will be 4 great games played by kids that will remember the experience for the rest of their lives. I think the AA boys game will be a track meet and be very entertaining - SSHS 85 - 78. The AA girls game will be tough as the teams know each other so well and past records mean nothing - DP 70 - 62. AAA boys game will be a war and if it is even close to last years game, it will be fantastic - WHS 82 - 80. Riverview girls will be tough to beat but anything can happen in 1 game - RHS 70 - 55.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:40 am

Sinc Yours. Have you seen UNB play?
Back to top Go down
Sincerely Yours

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:44 am

No, but...maybe I can't make that assumption. Ok, maybe I'll get to the Final 8 for a game or 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach 07

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:23 pm

AA Girls - DP

AA Boys - DP

AAA Girls - Riverview

AAA Boys -- Wsk

The most interesting game I believe will be the rematch with Wsk and FHS no doubt, especially since coach Jones, stated in the Bugle that " We will win, and something to the effect that they could post that on thier bulletin board" I cant say I approve of the statement that they will win, the last time I saw someone state something like that was back in 1988 when Jon Kirk from Harvey, stated that the only team that could beat the Harvey lady lakers is the Harvey lady lakers....and then at Aikten Canterbury beat them, plus the next two years vs petti. Wish he would just stated that they are prepared etc etc. But to each thier own.

But in stating that I was at the Thunder Classic and saw the 50 to 6 run Woodstock made on FHS and it was unbelievable that they could come back and win that game. Sure thing for sure is it will be exciting...hopefully Coach Jones won't have to eat any words....God knows I've eaten enough of mine from my predictions not falling through in AA Girls.

Three more days and we will know anyways, right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winslow

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:53 pm

You are right Coach 7, he could have said we will be prepared, blah, blah, blah, but instead he chose to stand by his team and show he has confidence in them. I like it. I am sure he is not worried about eating his words.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:57 pm

Coach7 how close do you think the aa girls will be . Everyone is thinking that TV is big but slow . There speed is underestimated and the big floor may work to there advantage . Time will tell . I am picking TV but I think it will be very tight . Not sure what TV will run for a defence but that 2 - 3 tight zone will not work against DP . And of course the big question ......how do you slow down Gillis . I think Gillis will get her points and Goodine will get her points and could come down to Upton and Bishop against Ouellette and Cooper . Thats why I am picking TV in a close one !!!!!Only two more sleeps and the talk is over .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:22 am

Hard to make predictions as I have not seen all of the teams play but I am going with.

Girls AA - Devon Park

Boys AA - Sugarloaf

Girls AAA - Riverview

Boys AAA - Woodstock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:52 am

predictions

AA Girls - DP by 5...Gillis drops 40+ , Goodine gets her 25....but not enough...

AA Boys - SSHS by 10....3pts shooting is the difference as DP tires in 4th vs SSHS speed...

AAA Girls- RHS by 20+ and it will take strong play by KV to stay that close...

AAA Boys - best game of the day.. WHS by less than 5....just because they are a little hungrier and will have louder fan support...

I do hope those FHS fans with the marker and white board are there as they were hilarious last year....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:14 am

AA Fan wrote:
Coach7 how close do you think the aa girls will be . Everyone is thinking that TV is big but slow . There speed is underestimated and the big floor may work to there advantage . Time will tell . I am picking TV but I think it will be very tight . Not sure what TV will run for a defence but that 2 - 3 tight zone will not work against DP . And of course the big question ......how do you slow down Gillis . I think Gillis will get her points and Goodine will get her points and could come down to Upton and Bishop against Ouellette and Cooper . Thats why I am picking TV in a close one !!!!!Only two more sleeps and the talk is over .

The large floor will be to TV'S advantage....Goodine is the fastest player on the floor. The atmosphere is to Gillis's advantage as pressure does not seem to bother her. I think TV needs to either play a box & 1 and let Upton and Bishop prove their worth outside or turn that tight 2-3 zone into a high 2-3 zone as Gillis likes to start on that wing side. TV out sizes them inside. I think this final resembles the Hart GM final 5 or 6 years ago when Hart had beaten Gm all year but GM finally figured out how to play them and beat them at Aitken....Russell really led that team that night and i think Goodine has that opportunity this time. It will be interesting to see what TV comes up with. I don't think Gillis will get her 40pts and will bet Goodine gets just as many or more. I really hope this game isn't decided by foul problems as it would be great to see all the starting lineup on the floor at the end of the game. TV by 3+
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach 07

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:19 pm

Winslow wrote:
You are right Coach 7, he could have said we will be prepared, blah, blah, blah, but instead he chose to stand by his team and show he has confidence in them. I like it. I am sure he is not worried about eating his words.

Well everyone has thier opinion to express...but there is a BIG difference between "confident" and "cocky"...think about it!! I have always stood by the teams I coached and ALWAYS believed in them but would never say "We will win", but again that is my opinion in which I am entitled, as are you and anyone else on this site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach 07

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:36 pm

AA Fan wrote:

I will state the same thing that "Celtic" stated, it was twice in a row actually, 2006, and 2007 that Hart beat GM all year and then in the end won at Aikten. I know for a fact that in the 2007 GM used their size and played a nice wide 2-3 zone and controlled all the boards, jerrica and Katelyn controlled that game, Hart couldn't hardly get a board let alone a second shot opportunity on offense.

Hillary can run the floor, and never seems to tire, Gillis will score her 35 + anyways because she can handle the pressure, but in all honestly I don't think there is another player on the DP team that is going to be able to handle the Aikten floor and surroundings. Now TV, since I don't think Goodine will falter either, I think the big factor will be Oulette as DP really doesn't have anyone to guard her effiencetly, and since she mainly stays undernet than her scoring and rebounding will make the big difference. I haven't watched a match between the two, if I did I would be able to give my opinion in how to play them match up wise, but if the 2-3 zone isn't working than like celtic said, maybe a box and 1 or my personal favorite is a triangle and 2. But your match up with Gillis cant' be anyone that can get into foul trouble. I used once vs a team that had only 4 strong players...I went man to man on the four and put my big girl just in the center of key to help double up anyone that went in..it worked and I always had an extra person in the key for boards and double teaming...and the other girl that really wasn't a key player but just a 5th didn't do a thing..it was a risk on my end but one I needed to take...but again depends if you have the girls to match up equally.

Best of luck to both teams, cant wait to see the results.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:43 pm

AA Fan from the North has some insights but I am surprised has not witnessed a game between the two teams DP & TV. I will say whoever has the legs going into the 3rd quarter wins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Today at 1:06 am

Back to top Go down

Aitken Center Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next