HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PG#11

PostSubject: A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.   Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:48 pm

what r ur predictions of the top 4 teams for each confrence in A boys ball, that will make regionals?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huskies23

PostSubject: Re: A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.   Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:05 pm

PG#11 wrote:
what r ur predictions of the top 4 teams for each confrence in A boys ball, that will make regionals?

East
1. Belleisle
2. Caledonia
3. Peticodiac
4. Minto

West
1. Hartland
2. Devon Park
3. Canterbury
4. John Caldwell

South
1. Harvey
2. Campobello
3. Grand Manan
4. McAdam

North
1. Dalhousie
2. Stanley
3. Blackville
4. North & South Esk

Final 8
Belleisle, Caledonia, Peticodiac, Dalhousie, Harvey, Campobello, Hartland, Grand Manan

Final 4
Harvey, Hartland, Belleisle, Campobello

Harbour Station
Harvey , Hartland

Hartland wins by 20 in final.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PG#11

PostSubject: Re: A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.   Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:03 pm

is moffit still playing for mcadam or did he graduate?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller20

PostSubject: Re: A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.   Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:05 pm

East - Looks as if its gonna be a 3 team race again for the top spot. Look for Cambridge narrows and Minto to be a bit closer this year towards them compared to last.
1. Caledonia
2. Belleisle
3. Petitcodiac
4. Cambridge Narrows
-----
5. Minto

West - The west will be a 2 team race this year. NHS, Canterbury and JCS should battle closely for the 3rd spot.
1. Hartland
2. Devon Park
3. Nackawic
4. Canterbury
----
5. John Caldwell

South - This will be the closest conference to watch. The top 3 teams should have the upper advantage. McAdam might be at a slight disadvantage with losing Moffitt but i believe they have lots of pieces including Jason Anderson to rebuild quickly. RNS may upset a couple of these teams too, and get into a regional spot.
1. Harvey
2. Grand Manan
3. Campobello
4. McAdam

North - Dalhouse should get the top spot easily in this conference although ECB and stanley are not bad teams, and may give Dalhousie a run early on in the games.
1. Dalhousie
2. Stanley
3. ECB
4. Blackville

Last edited by baller20 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.   Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:37 am

I will take a stab:

South
1. Harvey
2. GM
3. McAdam
4. Campo

East
1. Caledonia
2. Belleisle
3. Petitcodiac
4. Cambridge Narrows

West
1. Hartland
2. Devon Park
3. John Caldwell
4. Canterbury

North
1. No idea
2. No idea
3. No idea
4. No Idea

Harvey hosts Girls and Boys this weekend in their annual summer event. Sure wish the island had a team going over.

Back to top Go down
Huskies23

PostSubject: Re: A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.   Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:42 pm

Hartland over the devon Park boys today by 15. Heard Devon Park couldnt handle our two provincial players and they scored at will. Going to be a fun season... playing Harvey tonight.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.   Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:01 pm

boatcaptain wrote:
I will take a stab:

South
1. Harvey
2. GM
3. McAdam
4. Campo

East
1. Caledonia
2. Belleisle
3. Petitcodiac
4. Cambridge Narrows

West
1. Hartland
2. Devon Park
3. John Caldwell
4. Canterbury

North
1. No idea
2. No idea
3. No idea
4. No Idea

Harvey hosts Girls and Boys this weekend in their annual summer event. Sure wish the island had a team going over.

I think this is pretty good, no major disagreements. Hartland is definately the team to beat, I think the winner of the south will meet them at Harbour Station, Harvey has to be the favorite as the returning champs, but I think GM has a shot.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huskies23

PostSubject: Re: A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.   Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:00 pm

Hartland goes 4-0 on the weekend. Close game with Harvey and looks like they will be our biggest challenge as most have said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
We talkin bout practice

PostSubject: Re: A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.   Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:36 am

Seems that most schools are in a rebuilding phase so to speak, and Hartland is comming into thier prime.

Harvey still the biggest challenger because of there great program that breeds lots of decent players and a few standouts.

Mcadam will be relying on someone other than Brandon moffit for the first time... who knows.

Grand manan will do well I think, Probly second in the south.

D.P will be behind hartland. They have some good agressive kids that will play that tough D. BUUUUT No one with that can score.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoopforfun

PostSubject: What about the girls tournament   Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:33 am

What were the teams at the girls tournament and how did they do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.   Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Good to see Hartland back at the top in "A" boys....as long as the 'Dictator' and his troops don't win....it's all good.

As a side note - Congrats to Canada's U17 Girls team who won bronze at the Worlds in Holland..they were down 51-40 at the half...played some defense in the second half and won 84-77. They played the USA tough for a half in the semi (41-32)...before talent and depth took over.

Gold - USA 75, Spain 62

Bronze - Canada 84, Japan 77

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.   Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:46 am

Not sure who the dictator is but I agree it is nice to see Hartland as a force in the west. They took a bite out of DP at the Harvey tournament and seemed to compete well against Harvey; a team they have struggled with in the past. Based on what I am hearing I think the south will be a very close race for 1,2,3 & 4 again this year. I will suggest that GM will compete strong again.
Back to top Go down
39forever

PostSubject: Re: A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.   Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:36 am

Hoopforfun wrote:
What were the teams at the girls tournament and how did they do.
Devon PArk Girls beat up on everybody at this tourny, if it was indeed the DP team and not a few girls that might end up at LH, they will be a definate contender this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.   Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:05 pm

This was not the Devon Park team.I think 4 of the girls will be Devon Park, but the rest were Leo Hayes and FHS players.Most from Junior Reds Program, this year or last.They played very well.Stanley also had extra players, one Leo Hayes and I believe one that had graduated last year.
Back to top Go down
39forever

PostSubject: Re: A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:34 am

Lefty wrote:
This was not the Devon Park team.I think 4 of the girls will be Devon Park, but the rest were Leo Hayes and FHS players.Most from Junior Reds Program, this year or last.They played very well.Stanley also had extra players, one Leo Hayes and I believe one that had graduated last year.

That makes sense. As fa as the girls go this year, I think the top teams in each zone will probably be the same as last year. Caldwell in the West, Stanley in the North, Caledonia in the East and GM in the South. Teams rounding out the top 8 and could make some noise for sure should be Tobique, Harvey, Peti and possibly Devon Park, depending on what kind of a bench they end up with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.   Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:31 pm

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
Good to see Hartland back at the top in "A" boys....as long as the 'Dictator' and his troops don't win....it's all good.

Hey Doug,

The 1980's called and they want their short shorts back!!!! Smile Surely you can't hold a 25 year old grudge on Harvey can you? ....... and those "troops" you speak of are just kids enjoying playing basketball...........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.   Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:25 pm

39forever wrote:
Lefty wrote:

That makes sense. As fa as the girls go this year, I think the top teams in each zone will probably be the same as last year. Caldwell in the West, Stanley in the North, Caledonia in the East and GM in the South. Teams rounding out the top 8 and could make some noise for sure should be Tobique, Harvey, Peti and possibly Devon Park, depending on what kind of a bench they end up with.

On the girls side it is probably Caldwell's to lose. GM will probably be second best again but they need to replace a lot of fire power to get back to a point where they can beat Caldwell. Everyone else in the west is rebuilding. Maybe Petti out of the east to give them a run. Caledonia may be up in the air, as they didn't improve as much last year as people expected. They also may be losing their coach and several returning players to other schools. I'm not familiar with what Stanley has.

On the boys side Hartland and Harvey are the early favorites. It will probably be a case of who can continue to get better and deeper as the year goes on. Also who has the coaching to adjust and make other teams adjust when it comes down to the crunch and teams are game planning for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.   Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:01 am

CoachDJR wrote:
39forever wrote:
Lefty wrote:

On the girls side it is probably Caldwell's to lose. GM will probably be second best again but they need to replace a lot of fire power to get back to a point where they can beat Caldwell. Everyone else in the west is rebuilding. Maybe Petti out of the east to give them a run. Caledonia may be up in the air, as they didn't improve as much last year as people expected. They also may be losing their coach and several returning players to other schools. I'm not familiar with what Stanley has.

On the boys side Hartland and Harvey are the early favorites. It will probably be a case of who can continue to get better and deeper as the year goes on. Also who has the coaching to adjust and make other teams adjust when it comes down to the crunch and teams are game planning for you.

Agreed. Caldwell is definately the favoured team going in, they are expected to win the Girls A for sure. I think Tobique will do quite well in the west as well, I think they only lost one girl this year.
Hartland and Harvey are the favorites in the boys as well. As I said earlier in another post, I think GM can give them both a good game, they have probably the best team they have had in a long time, and Wayne Veysey as their new coach.....will have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.   Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:04 am

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:

Hey Doug,

The 1980's called and they want their short shorts back!!!! Smile Surely you can't hold a 25 year old grudge on Harvey can you? ....... and those "troops" you speak of are just kids enjoying playing basketball...........

Now what made you think he was talking about Harvey? Do you associate the word "dictator" with somebody from there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Project-Alice

PostSubject: Re: A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.   Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:12 pm

Aladeen is coaching a team? interesting.....

Anyways, Harvey is looking like at a strong chance of a repeat (with some Huskies in the way of course) If you don't see those two teams in the finals you are more then likely blind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.   Today at 5:44 am

Back to top Go down

A boys Predictions of top 4 from each confrence.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1