HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Aitken Center Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:49 pm

Coach 07 wrote:
Winslow wrote:
You are right Coach 7, he could have said we will be prepared, blah, blah, blah, but instead he chose to stand by his team and show he has confidence in them. I like it. I am sure he is not worried about eating his words.

Well everyone has thier opinion to express...but there is a BIG difference between "confident" and "cocky"...think about it!! I have always stood by the teams I coached and ALWAYS believed in them but would never say "We will win", but again that is my opinion in which I am entitled, as are you and anyone else on this site.

I think it is bold and i like it!! Shows he has balls enough to put his pride on the line! Besides that, it will give the Fredericton papers something to talk about...lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:57 pm

Have been reading Fredericton & Provincial papers; no mention of the coach and his predictions.
Back to top Go down
flowerdude

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:49 pm

It is fun reading all of the predictions that I have seen over the last few days.
Up until now, I have just been reading but felt that I should point out a few things to those who been writing since I have seen three of the 4 DP/TV games:
It will be a great game but some may not be aware that DP has beat them at UNB South Gym a few weeks ago. Not sure if that floor is as big as tomorrow's but the two key TV players had a hard time keeping up with Upton and Gillss as both are in great shape. Goodine was always running behind after the 1st quarter and had to sub several times where Upton and Gillss did not. From what I understand they train 7 days a week, some days with fitness coaches. So size of the floor shouldn't matter and both are used to large crowds as they have played for NB in the Canada Summer Games. Upton in soccer and as you know Gillss in basketball.
Regarding defence, TV used a who bunch of different set-ups but were not able to contain them pass mid third quarter. The problem was that DP had all five starters hitting the basket, so even when Goodine chased Gillss or she was double teamed, they just past it off to one of the others who scored. Gillss was guarded man to man by Goodine for most of the second half and still scored 40 plus points.
Like the other games, no one will take anything for granted as I have spoken to all the coaches on both teams and they are looking forward to this one as both stated neither team plays rough, just good sound basketball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachGavin

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:59 pm

im not too sure about the girls but for the boys i think Woodstock will defeat FHS 78-70 and for AA i think Sugarloaf will beat DP 76-62
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:56 pm

AA Girls

If anyone thinks that DP's twp Canada Games level athletes, who train above and beyond whatever their basketball schedule weekly are going to break down on the big floor then shame on you!!!

I really think DP has the edge in this one if only because Gliis has played, scored and been successful on larger stages at similar venues against much tougher competition.

DP winner.

AA Boys

I give an edge to DP here as well. Their best players are seniors, Sugarloafs are 10th graders. Also the Aitken Centre has not historically been favourable to teams who are jump shot dependant and SSHS shoots the 3 alot. SSHS other major asset is their ability to turn people over, while DP is deep with ball handling. These are both the 2 toughest defensive teams in AA so anything could happen.

DP winner

AAA Girls

It would appear KV is up against it here. IF Riverview is missing Jones then they could be beatable. Again its a case of a team the needs to make 3's to succeed and at the Aitken Centre I just don't know. Lots of talent, speed and great girls basketball players in this game. I think its a lot closer then people expect.

RHS Winner

AAA Boys

Lets get to rumble. This is hard to say for a variety of reasons. Great teams, great players. I honestly think this one comes down to coaching. If you put anyone who is willing to let the FHS players off the chain on that Bench they win this. I just don't know that too much coaching??? (i don't think I mean that the way it sounds) will be their undoing. Great game. It could come down to whose hot, whose not, and unfortunately if somone goes down with a bizaarre injury.

WHS Winner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller001

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:30 am

The big day is here, should be a great day of basketball here. Just about to leave my house but figured I should put something up here. Should be a loud full gym today, as DP will have alot of fans while I hear SSHS is bringing down a fan bus. And we seen what FHS and WHS fans are like last year, lets just hope the kids dont get carried away with those eraseable signs again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aitken Center Predictions   Today at 4:47 pm

Back to top Go down

Aitken Center Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2