HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

School Uniforms @ BNB Provincials

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maripac30

PostSubject: School Uniforms @ BNB Provincials   Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:28 am

Are any other teams around the Province getting any grief about using school uniforms at BNB provincials?
I know that DRHS was warned a couple of times last summer about it.
Right now I am waiting to hear from my Principal who is looking into it to see if our JV boys team can wear the school uniform they have been wearing all year at BNB Midget Provincials.
If not we will have to scrounge jerseys up some where.
Or maybe go skins and spray paint numbers on our backs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: School Uniforms @ BNB Provincials   Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:28 am

We were told by our AD a couple of years ago we would not be able to use anything that represented the school on our BNB/Club stuff. At that point we purchased reversibles that we use for most of it of our club stuff.

We also made sure that any new school jerseys we bought did not include the name of the school only the name of our mascot?logo? which happens to be the same name we would use when registering rather then our school name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: School Uniforms @ BNB Provincials   Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:03 pm

So is it your understanding that as long as the uniform doesn't actually have the school name on it you are OK to use them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: School Uniforms @ BNB Provincials   Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:21 pm

No school name or symbols. Anything that ties directly to the school.

Our solution was to buy some reversibles that had jsut had numbers and the intials for our summer camp on them.

But we also don put any school specific images or names on anything we buy now so that if someone wants to borrow them for a community team or group there are less complications.

We had our girls hockey team fold a couple of years ago and they started a midget team. There was huge drama over them using the school jerseys because of the logo/crest or something. Lucky it was stiched so we just removed the the patches and let them use them then.

It would my understanding that unless the uniform directly reprepsents the school through wording or images that I can't see why it would be an issue.

If I ran a club team called the Deer Island Area Panthers. And we had uniforms that said Panthers on them I'm not sure why or how any would care if they were jerseys we purchased or they were the same jerseys being used by a school team whos name happened to be panthers. So long as the schools name, image or sponsors didn't appear on them I have no idea how you would be misrepresenting anyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: School Uniforms @ BNB Provincials   Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:09 pm

hahahaha.....Deer Island Area Panthers... The D.I.A.P.ers (sponsored by Pampers company no doubt) ...please tell me you did that on prupose....sorry man couldn't resist..:-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: School Uniforms @ BNB Provincials   Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:28 pm

For anyone who is interested. We got word today (from Corby himself) that we may not use the school uniforms at BNB provincials even though the school name and logo are not on the uniform and only the nickname is across the front.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slam Dunk

PostSubject: Re: School Uniforms @ BNB Provincials   Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:17 pm

Fortunately a lot of communities own the uniforms and loan them to the school teams and the BNB teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School Uniforms @ BNB Provincials   Today at 11:01 am

Back to top Go down

School Uniforms @ BNB Provincials
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1