HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

AA Top Teams?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: AA Top Teams?   Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:45 pm

Heard alot of hype last season concerning how the top AA teams Mission & STM especially were regularly competing with and sometimes beating some top AAA teams.

So how does AA landscape look this season?
Does anyone know how the teams are looking, Mission, STM, GW Graham, Brentwood College being the top teams last season or any other contenders in AA?

I know GW Graham and Mission have lost quite a few key contributing players to graduation so I'm assuming a drop off for them, any other teams looking to make noise this season?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islandview2

PostSubject: Re: AA Top Teams?   Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:43 pm

JesusShuttlesworth wrote:
Heard alot of hype last season concerning how the top AA teams Mission & STM especially were regularly competing with and sometimes beating some top AAA teams.

So how does AA landscape look this season?
Does anyone know how the teams are looking, Mission, STM, GW Graham, Brentwood College being the top teams last season or any other contenders in AA?

I know GW Graham and Mission have lost quite a few key contributing players to graduation so I'm assuming a drop off for them, any other teams looking to make noise this season?

Brentwood College, SMUS and Lambrick Park will be among the top AA teams on the Island. Brentwood College has the Charles brothers -- both provincial team members -- and SMUS returns much of the team that entered the B.C. AA tournament as the No. 2-ranked team last year along with some added height and some strong juniors moving up. The year before, this current SMUS Grade 12 group finished second in the B.C. junior tournament. Lambrick will also be tough, with a couple of key returnees in the backcourt and some talent coming up from Junior. Should be a strong AA year on the Lower Island. I believe there is also some strength up north but am not as familiar with those teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
c-lo

PostSubject: Re: AA Top Teams?   Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:26 am

STM falls back to the back after returning only two of their top 7...Gio Trassolini and Jalen Jana. Jalen missed all summer with team BC after breaking his leg at a football combine. They're gonna miss Denzel's leadership and scoring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heat4life

PostSubject: Re: AA Top Teams?   Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:55 am

Who do you guys think will be the top 10, top 15?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: AA Top Teams?   Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:24 pm

Heat4life wrote:
Who do you guys think will be the top 10, top 15?

1.RC Palmer
Key Player(s):
Jamie Madewan
Gurjit Pooni
If Palmer stays at AA this season I put them at the top spot, since they would have the best player in AA in Madewan, we'll see if he can take them all the way.

2.Brentwood College
Key Player(s):
Jordan Charles
Josh Charles
The charles Bros. had a good summer playing with BBC U15 and U17 teams at Nationals, and should lead this team back to Kamloops in March

3.St Michaels
Key Player(s):
Dawit Workie
George Ikonomou
Ranked as high as #2 last year, added height and some strong juniors moving up. The year before, this current SMUS Grade 12 group finished 2nd in the B.C. Jrs.

4.Holy Cross
Key Player(s):
Taylor Browne
Aaron Madaisky
A strong Inside-Out presence in BBC players Madaisky and Browne and some added height and athleticism to their lineup this year should propel them.

5.St Thomas More
Key Player(s):
Jalen Jana
Giovanni Trasolini
Jana will lead the runnersup in last years Prov., losing some key Sr contributors but Jana should still be able to lead this team back to Prov.

6.King George
Key Player(s):
George Mija
Tristan Arthurs
Placed 5th in last years Prov. returning BBCU17 member Mija to make another run with this big, athletic team

7.Archbishop Carney
Key Player(s):
Patrick Simon
Alex Baumann
Simon heads a team that placed 6th in last years Prov., a big, strong and athletic forward who can change games with his skill in the post.

8.Pacific Academy
Key Player(s):
Seth Sorensen
Matt Buse
Sorensen leads an up and coming group, and the sharp-shooting PG does an effective job pushing the break, making plays and controlling tempo.

9.Mission
Key Player(s):
Lose Luke Morris
Lose Luc Comeau
Not sure about this team losing a ton of players to graduation from last years Championship team.

10.GW Graham
Key Player(s):
Lose Lucas Mannes
Lose Josiah Cockrill
Basically same as Mission, not too sure of this team, lose their best player in Mannes to graduation.

Last edited by JesusShuttlesworth on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loveofthegame

PostSubject: Re: AA Top Teams?   Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:51 am

I do believe Abby Collegiate is AA this season. They should be a top ten team IMO they have BBC U17 player Devin Brar and have a very skiller team with some good size. They surprised some teams at Fraser Valleys for AAA last year with a team made up of mostly grade 11s.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox2030

PostSubject: Re: AA Top Teams?   Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:38 pm

Looks like you follow AA ball Jesus. I recognize a few names on your list and there are definitely quality players are on it. Do you know if Ebe is coaching Palmer this year? I know he got the head coach at Langara, committing to coaching senior boys would be tough to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: AA Top Teams?   Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:51 pm

loveofthegame wrote:
I do believe Abby Collegiate is AA this season. They should be a top ten team IMO they have BBC U17 player Devin Brar and have a very skiller team with some good size. They surprised some teams at Fraser Valleys for AAA last year with a team made up of mostly grade 11s

Really, Abby Collegiate would be a real threat playing AA this season, as you said Devin Brar can be a difference maker, great skill and a good group around him, saw some spring league games of Abby Collegiate good squad could make noise.

Fox2030 wrote:
Looks like you follow AA ball Jesus. I recognize a few names on your list and there are definitely quality players are on it. Do you know if Ebe is coaching Palmer this year? I know he got the head coach at Langara, committing to coaching senior boys would be tough to do.

Last I heard Ebe was pulling double duty and coaching both squads Langara and Palmer, as you might recall he has done it in the past, coaching his first four seasons at Palmer (2005-09) while he was finishing off his final four seasons coaching Capilano University. If any man can do it, Ebe can, he's a basketball workhorse.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: AA Top Teams?   Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:22 pm

It's going to be one among the three - SMUS, Abby college, Palmer in the order.
Back to top Go down
pistol44

PostSubject: abby c   Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:27 am

just a note according to the school enrollment from bc school sports Abby Collegiate has 269 boys grade 11/12 and this puts them at AAA numbers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: AA Top Teams?   Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:06 pm

Islandview2 wrote:

Brentwood College, ... will be among the top AA teams on the Island. Brentwood College has the Charles brothers -- both provincial team members ...

Heard Gr.10 Joshua Charles U15 Provincial team member is no longer with Brentwood College and now going to Cowichan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AA Top Teams?   Today at 6:10 pm

Back to top Go down

AA Top Teams?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1