HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Mt. Boucherie vs South Kam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. T

PostSubject: Mt. Boucherie vs South Kam   Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:35 pm

The basketball god's were Mt. Boucherie's valentine this weekend when they took on the heavily favoured South Kamloops Titans, with Josh Wolfram spraining his ankle less than 5 minutes into the conest. However, South Kamloops went out to an early lead, with the score at 19-10 at the end of the first quarter. The Boucherie Bears did not seemed phased, and a group of loyal and rowdy fans were there behind them 100% of the way. As the second quarter started things didn't get any better for the hometown Bears, as Kyle Gableheid got into some foul trouble which forced him to sit out the rest of the half. Down 15 (28-13) the Bears got a spark from grade 11 point guard Adam Tilley. The Bears did not look back and tied it up going into half time at 37. In the third quarter the Bears continued to apply the pressure, with Peter Flet owning the boards and Jeremy Finn taking care of the ball at the point guard position. The frustrated Titans were now being out shot and out hustled. The Bears simply wanted it more, and South Kamloops lost its composure on a dirty intentional foul, and then just 5 minutes later South Kam's coach was T'd up. The team from West Kelowna had a 6 point lead going into the games final quarter. The flustered and frustrated Titan's seemed to have no answer for the Bear's scrappy defense, which had held Wagner in check. Early in the 4th the Bear's Peter Flet, who was in my opinion the game's MVP (15 points and countless rebounds) picked up a couple questionable fouls and was forced to play the game with 4 fouls. South Kamloops tried to take advantage but could not seem to get the ball into their star post David Wagner. With 3 minutes left, the Bears had a 10 point lead thanks to some great ball movement from Finn and some huge threes by Adam Tilley and Jarret Resh. South Kamloops however would not give up, and the Aussie centre scored 8 points to make the game within 2. With just over a minute left, the Bears led 68-67, when Flet converted an old fashioned 3 point play to make it 71-67, and sending Wagner to the bench with his 5th foul. Both teams would exhange a free throw and the final horn blew, the Bear's were a top the interior division and won the contest 72-68. It was a great team win for the Bears, who had been questioned throughout the year if they could handle a top team like South Kam, and silenced any critics who accused them of playing selfish basketball. Wagner scored 30 points for South Kam, while Flet scored 15, Tilley added 14, while Resh and KG contributed 12.

If Boucherie is able to play team basketball, and shoot the ball well from 3 point land, they will be playing in the Agro Dome this March.

Also props to Kelly Brodrick for a very well coached game, and to the refs for a consistent game, with only a few head scratching calls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBall Fan

PostSubject: Result from Saturday night ? ? ?   Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:44 am

These 2 teams played last night in the Okanogan final, winner going to Provincials.
Does anyone know who won, and what the score was ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whistler

PostSubject: Re: Mt. Boucherie vs South Kam   Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:08 am

South Kamloops were victorious 91 to 79 in the end. SKSS led for most of the game but the Bears fought hard and got it to within 4 many times. Josh returned from his ankle injury and had 12 points and 10 assists in the final. David had a big game battling an ankle injury he suffered just before half time. He finished with 29 points and 19 rebounds. Spencer Jarosuk had a great night of shooting adding 19 points. For Mt Boucherie Kyle Gabelhei had an exceptional game.

So SKSS takes the single Okanagan berth and Mt Boucherie are very unlucky as there is no doubt they are stronger than many of the other teams who will qualify. This also applies to KCS who played a very hard fought semi and would also be worthy dome competitors. There really does need to be some format for a floating berth or a challenge opportunity.

Kyle was an All Star as were Josh Wolfram and Tim Brunn from SKSS. David Wagner was named MVP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. T

PostSubject: Re: Mt. Boucherie vs South Kam   Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:53 pm

It was a very good game but Boucherie seemed just a little overmatched. However, I hope Rutland isn't hosting agian anytime soon. There were consistent issues with the scorekeepers (and them trying to be DJs? They would play music after every whistle, sometimes even while someone was taking a free throw!), reffing and the programs were stapled together. I would be EXTREMELY embarassed if I was Bill Lang and Rutland Secondary School.

The All-Star team was actually comical. I don't know who was on the selection committee and what they were smoking.

All-Star team was:

Josh Wolfram (South Kam)
Kyle Gableheid (Mt. Boucherie
Tim Brunn (South Kam)
Taylor Loffler (Kelowna)
Dan Besnon (Kelowna Christian)

I don't know how the last 3 made it on there, especially Loffler. Against Boucherie he finished the game with 12 points (on countless shots) and 8 turnovers. Tim Brunn didn't have a solid tournament either, he had many turnovers. Peter Flet for Boucherie put in a double-double every game and Jarrett Resh averaged over 20 points per contest.

MVP was David Wagner and it was well deserved. He played through injury in the final like a true champion.

Good Luck to South Kamloops in provincials
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tleimert

PostSubject: Re: Mt. Boucherie vs South Kam   Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:51 pm

As a team mate of lofflers i do believe he deserved to be on the allstar team. Sure he might not have had the best last game but what about the ones before.
Also the people on the allstar comittee im guessing were from kelowna and this probably altered their decision seeing how they knew that he led us throughout the season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. T

PostSubject: Re: Mt. Boucherie vs South Kam   Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:21 pm

That's a good point... I just think they should've done a regular season all star team and then a tournament all star team. I would deffinetly agree that he was worthy of all star consideration for regular season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Mt. Boucherie vs South Kam   Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:33 pm

Loffler is only grade 11, correct? Kelowna is going to be pretty good next year.

Promoting basketball in the Okanagan: http://okanaganbasketball.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tleimert

PostSubject: Re: Mt. Boucherie vs South Kam   Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:26 pm

Yeah loffler is only grade 11, and he is much better at football then basketball.. and that says alot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Mt. Boucherie vs South Kam   Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:39 pm

tleimert wrote:
Yeah loffler is only grade 11, and he is much better at football then basketball.. and that says alot

I have heard this. All your best players this year were grade 11 except for your starting point. You guys have a very good shot at winning the Okanagan AAA next year and being a top 10 AAA team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mt. Boucherie vs South Kam   Today at 5:11 am

Back to top Go down

Mt. Boucherie vs South Kam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1