HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

ASKING THE BASKETBALL EXPERTS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Project-Alice

PostSubject: ASKING THE BASKETBALL EXPERTS   Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:48 am

Hello all those who follow basketball,

If you are not from Fredericton this post will mean absolutely nothing to you and you should probably go back to reading about your JV girls team.

If you are from Fredericton I have a pressing question. I am looking for a league to play in with my spare time, and I am struggling to find one. I figured that since this is the place where all NB hoops is talked about, I am hoping SOMEONE has an answer for me.

Thank you for your time,

Project Alice
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poolie

PostSubject: no place to play   Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:26 am

Its sounds like you didnt make the JV or Varsity team at FHS.... Try and convince your athletic department to make a exhibition team. You wouldnt be eligible for provincials but you can book and play exhibitions games. You should be able to find a coach and there probably is a set of uniforms somewhere in storage at FHS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Project-Alice

PostSubject: Re: ASKING THE BASKETBALL EXPERTS   Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:37 pm

That is one possibility

Or perhaps it sounds like a university student or two who are looking to get out and play some ball once or twice a week.

That was my perception of it. Could be wrong though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poolie

PostSubject: Re: ASKING THE BASKETBALL EXPERTS   Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:55 pm

The Universities usually have house league basketball ball dont they??? Not sure if that is a high enough level that you are looking for . In every town usually there is a school that people go to for pick up basketball. In Miramichi alot of the high school boys go to the NBCC (College)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hardfouls

PostSubject: Re: ASKING THE BASKETBALL EXPERTS   Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:33 pm

There is Fredericton men's league. My son played in it when he was at UNB because the intramural was not very competitive. At that time the men's league has several ex university players and was very competitive. I'm not sure who would be the contact person for the league. Ken Anderson (Kenneth_Anderson@skillsoft.com) would probably be a good person to start with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hardfouls.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ASKING THE BASKETBALL EXPERTS   Today at 9:03 pm

Back to top Go down

ASKING THE BASKETBALL EXPERTS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1