HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2012 Predictions 3A boys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions 3A boys    Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:49 pm

G.O.A.T wrote:
Andrew salcido not sure on spelling. What provincial team players are from chestermere??

On the Basketball Alberta web site there have been 2 from Chestermere in the last 2 years - Charnjot Gill and Yuvraj Hundal. I saw Chestermere play last year at provincials and while we didn't make it far enough to play against them, I have to wonder now if there is too much emphasis put on guys who have played for Team Alberta. A lot of these players' names get thrown around as being elite but I know there are many players, especially from the south, that have never played for the provincial teams who are simply better and just haven't got the exposure and hype that comes from playing with Team Alberta. Just as we saw last year in the 4A provincials, the cream will rise to the top.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions 3A boys    Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:59 pm

If all these players from the south are so good why do they tryout and get cut! Simple cause they just aint that good. The guys who play team alberta are the best players. that s why the coachs pick them to represent alberta. there the best players and their teams for sure will be the best teams!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Southfan

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions 3A boys    Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:05 pm

kobejames
Really?? If I recall the last 3 out of 4 years the south have been provincial Champs. How many hyped provincial players were on those teams that were hyping themselves on here??? Many of them are 2 and 3 sport players and then have summer jobs. Cant spend all summer just playing BBall !!
Just because players play for the "Provincial Team" dont mean Jack !
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions 3A boys    Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:06 pm

hahahahaha Its not like they aint trying. There trying and failing and getting cut. Whats better. Getting cut or not getting cut? We ballin hard all year and put in the work. U cant argue who deserves it. It means exactly jack !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions 3A boys    Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:21 pm

kobejames wrote:
hahahahaha Its not like they aint trying. There trying and failing and getting cut. Whats better. Getting cut or not getting cut? We ballin hard all year and put in the work. U cant argue who deserves it. It means exactly jack !!

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Team Alberta athletes aren't talented, just that there are other players who haven't played for Team Alberta who are just as talented, if not more so, and have the capability to lead their respective teams to provincial championships. We saw that last year with Cardston and perhaps we'll see that again this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballspirit

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions 3A boys    Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:19 pm

According to the ranking page George Mac is 3A.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions 3A boys    Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:25 pm

With the changes for 3A in the south and some interesting scores that have been posted so far this year I have a new top 10.

1. Cochrane
2. Edmonton Christian
3. Canmore
4. Leduc
5. Chestermere
6. WR Myers
7. Crescent Heights
8. George MacDougall
9. St Albert
10. Holy Trinity Edmonton
Back to top Go down
View user profile
earlmanigalt

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions 3A boys    Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:26 pm

That's an interesting guess. After seeing the scores, I would guess:

1. Edmonton Christian
2. Leduc
3. WR Myers
4. Cochrane
5. Chestermere
6. Canmore
7. George McDougall
8. St Albert
9. Crescent Heights (Med Hat)
10. Holy Trinity (Edmonton)

I realize I have completely left out the central zone. Will they have any teams who will be competitive at provincials? What about Camrose and Wetaskiwin?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions 3A boys    Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:58 pm

I think Edmonton Christian could also be #1. Leduc has 4 losses although most have been to bigger 4A schools. A big loss to EC and a very close game with George MacDougall but you compare that with the other teams who haven't lost and have also played bigger 4A schools. I don't think WR Myers is as good of a 3A team from the south as WC would have been. They had a big win against LCI but unfortunately that might not be as uncommon this year as I would have thought going in. I suspect they'll be up and down all year. It looks like Chestermere and Canmore are close and Cochrane looks like a step up from there. I'm not sure Holy Trinity Edmonton should be there at all and the Central Zone has so many 3A teams but they seem to be not as strong this year for some reason.

Maybe Highwood High should be in there at 10 or Louis St Laurent who scores in their losses would indicate that they're just a bit behind Edmonton Christian, Leduc and George MacDougall with similar scores against all three of those teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions 3A boys    Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:57 am

2012-13 First Ranking
1 Edmonton Christian, Edmonton
2 W.R. Myers, South
3 Canmore Collegiate, South Central
4 Cochrane High, South
5 Chestermere High, South Central
6 Leduc Composite, Edmonton
7 Crescent Heights, Medicine Hat, South
8 George MacDougall High, South Central
9 St. Albert Catholic, Edmonton
10 Holy Trinity, Edmonton

Honorable Mentions (alphabetical order)
Highwood High, South Central
Holy Trinity Academy, South Central
Peace Wapiti Acadmey, North West
St. Paul Regional, North East
St. Peter the Apostle, Edmonton

I'm surprised Louis St Laurent isn't in the HM and by how high WR Myers is ranked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Collective Basketball

PostSubject: 2A-3A   Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:42 pm

A 2A school in Webber Academy recently opted up to 3A and beat a 4A team to win a tournament last weekend. They beat this team by 25 which was close to the same margin Edmonton Christian beat the same team by. Should be interesting. 3A is such a toss up in my opinion. Chestermere however did look good when I saw them play. They have a couple of quick guards and a pretty skilled semi-big man.

Last edited by Collective Basketball on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.collectivebasketball.com
Cochrane

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions 3A boys    Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:41 pm

Collective Basketball wrote:
A 2A school in Webber Academy recently opted up to 3A and beat a 4A team to win a tournament last weekend. They beat this team by 25 which was close to the same margin Edmonton Christian beat the same team by. Should be interesting. 3A is such a toss up in my opinion. Chestermere however did look good when I saw them play. They have a couple of quick guards and a pretty skilled semi-big man.

Denon - I agree that 3A is wide open this year with a number of really good teams that have an opportunity to win it all.

Last edited by Cochrane on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions 3A boys    Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Its a opinon!!!!!!!!! Its his own opinon. all this cencorship is bulsht cuz he can have a opinon if he wants. if i wanna say something I can say it. the truth is that cochrane aint good. thats the truth. Nobody can tell nobody else what they can say or not say. thats the honest truth!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions 3A boys    Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:51 pm

what!?!?!?!? thats messed up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions 3A boys    Today at 10:02 pm

Back to top Go down

2012 Predictions 3A boys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2