HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top 8 Boys & Girls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:35 am

I have to admit that so far I am impressed with the tone on this forum this season.

Breaker I will agree with your position (obviously). I predict a great game when the Breakers travel to Harvey. Both teams have awsome shooters and great coaching as well as speed and grit.

Also agree with the comments regarding Bellisle Bears. Unfortunately it is a team of two guys with zero depth on the bench. This brings me to a point about Caledonia. Hartland played Caladonia in the Petti tounament final and Caladonia led by one after 3 quarters. Knowing how strong Hartland is I am going to suggest that Caladonia can certainly get an early ranking.

Last point; has anyone overthere watched McAdam play?

Back to top Go down
celtsfan

PostSubject: is JMH for real?   Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:19 am

JMH has beaten a few good teams early this year.

Rothesay in a blow-out, missing their best player, Bernice in a close one, also missing their best player, and most recently Riverview High by 24.

Any one think they are for real?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:18 am

Question about Peti Tourney: How did Hartland win by 20 when they were down by 1 at the start of the 4th?....Did they press?....More importantly...why were they down by 1 anyhow...a team with that much talent. Either Caledonia is better than expected or HCS has a few problems to address?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlotteCountyBall

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:17 am

Lacking a little bit of awareness and knowledge in these kids and schools this year , ill make my top 8 based off my the schedule and results i seen and the previous year or two in the schools history

1 Harvey High School: They been a force in the past 4 years, with two appearances at harbour station and 2 appearance and provincial semi finals. They still havent let up, the swarm of new kids on the varsity team is getting great coaching and maximizing their potential. For right now, I aswell as many others predict champions.

2 Grand Manan Community School: Why Not? 5-0 start with win against HVHS and Devon Park. Probably the best backcourt in 'A' ball this year, possibly 'AA' aswell. Any given opponent with depth or a strong post could easily trample GM. They are lacking tall and strong post players as well as depth on their bench. I predict Harbour Station contender with Harvey.

3 Devon Park Christian School: May have suffered a loss to Grand Manan, but lets not forget what Devon Parks coaching has turned kids into over the years. Still early in the season, and still lots of time to get these kids to achieve their full potential.

4 Hartland Community School: I dont understand why this school is favored in the top two? They may have been a force in the west last year, don't think they miraculously became strong enough to capitalize the best southern teams this year. Looking at their schedule, results do look good and the only reason i give them the four sport is due to their huge margin win over CNBA . They played a very weak schedule so far, cant wait to see the match up versus Harvey to find out what all the fuss is about.

The next week with big games such as Harvey vs Grand Manan and Harvey vs Hartland should clear a lot of things up and give us a better idea who the powerhouses are this year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlotteCountyBall

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:18 am

CharlotteCountyBall wrote:
Lacking a little bit of awareness and knowledge in these kids and schools this year , ill make my top 8 based off my the schedule and results i seen and the previous year or two in the schools history

1 Harvey High School: They been a force in the past 4 years, with two appearances at harbour station and 2 appearance and provincial semi finals. They still havent let up, the swarm of new kids on the varsity team is getting great coaching and maximizing their potential. For right now, I aswell as many others predict champions.

2 Grand Manan Community School: Why Not? 5-0 start with win against HVHS and Devon Park. Probably the best backcourt in 'A' ball this year, possibly 'AA' aswell. Any given opponent with depth or a strong post could easily trample GM. They are lacking tall and strong post players as well as depth on their bench. I predict Harbour Station contender with Harvey.

3 Devon Park Christian School: May have suffered a loss to Grand Manan, but lets not forget what Devon Parks coaching has turned kids into over the years. Still early in the season, and still lots of time to get these kids to achieve their full potential.

4 Hartland Community School: I dont understand why this school is favored in the top two? They may have been a force in the west last year, don't think they miraculously became strong enough to capitalize the best southern teams this year. Looking at their schedule, results do look good and the only reason i give them the four sport is due to their huge margin win over CNBA . They played a very weak schedule so far, cant wait to see the match up versus Harvey to find out what all the fuss is about.

The next week with big games such as Harvey vs Grand Manan and Harvey vs Hartland should clear a lot of things up and give us a better idea who the powerhouses are this year

Oops , top 4* got stumped on the 5th spot. ill end here rather than making a bunch of bull for the remaining spots
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:47 pm

celtic wrote:
Question about Peti Tourney: How did Hartland win by 20 when they were down by 1 at the start of the 4th?....Did they press?....More importantly...why were they down by 1 anyhow...a team with that much talent. Either Caledonia is better than expected or HCS has a few problems to address?

They jacked 4 three pointers and if caledonia can fix this problem it should be different next time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huskies23

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:19 pm

Third game of a tournament when there has been little to no competition it sometimes takes awhile to get going. Regardless at the end it was a 20 point game and were better for it.

Looking forward to tomorrow nights game in Harvey. I think it will be interesting to see if our boys play with the same intensity as they do when they play Devon park. Should be a great show down to see who is the best early in the season.

Rumour has it that the tournament all star for devon park did not play in the grand manan game. I am looking forward to playing them this year but dont know what to expect. Beat Campo and Bellisle by a loit and according to the NBIAA website Canterbury by 3??? We tuned Canterbury by 100...

Also I heard that Dalhousie gave Harvey a game in the valhalla, and Harvey couldnt put them away until the 4th. They might be a team to watch out of the north east with Caledonia.

ballnut wrote:
celtic wrote:

They jacked 4 three pointers and if caledonia can fix this problem it should be different next time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:42 pm

Huskie I am assuming that you are a player on the team? Early in the season I don't put much stock in comparing scores between games to make team comparisons. Wishing I was home tomorrow night to watch the game in Harvey ....they have a tough schedule coming up Hartland on Tuesday , Woodstock on Wednesday and GM on Friday.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:47 pm

Huskies23 wrote:
Third game of a tournament when there has been little to no competition it sometimes takes awhile to get going. Regardless at the end it was a 20 point game and were better for it.

Looking forward to tomorrow nights game in Harvey. I think it will be interesting to see if our boys play with the same intensity as they do when they play Devon park. Should be a great show down to see who is the best early in the season.

Rumour has it that the tournament all star for devon park did not play in the grand manan game. I am looking forward to playing them this year but dont know what to expect. Beat Campo and Bellisle by a loit and according to the NBIAA website Canterbury by 3??? We tuned Canterbury by 100...

Also I heard that Dalhousie gave Harvey a game in the valhalla, and Harvey couldnt put them away until the 4th. They might be a team to watch out of the north east with Caledonia.

Difficult to get a read on anything just yet. Wilton did not play for Devon Park either vs Grand Manan. Also heard that GM had two starters that did not dress as well. Devon had 3 or 4 key players not playing vs Canterbury in the close game.

ballnut wrote:
celtic wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:59 pm

I in no way was knocking hartland, great team. Simply answered question asked. Rankings are not accurate anyway its impossible to know for sure from one year to the next. The picture will get a lot clearer after a month or so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:59 am

I think these teams do most likely comprise the top 4. Just a wuick response to a couple of statements. THe GM backcourt is good, but Harvey and HCS also have solid backcourts, I am willing to conceded best backcourt in A in GM tough. The claim that they might be better then the Backcourts in Rothesay, Woodstock, CNHS and St. Stephen is probably a little heavy handed.

I think most of the HCS hype comes from how tough the played the top teams last year without losing anybody and the fact that they also have 2 (3 maybe) provincial or former provincial team players on the roster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlotteCountyBall

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:02 am

CoachDJR wrote:

I think these teams do most likely comprise the top 4. Just a wuick response to a couple of statements. THe GM backcourt is good, but Harvey and HCS also have solid backcourts, I am willing to conceded best backcourt in A in GM tough. The claim that they might be better then the Backcourts in Rothesay, Woodstock, CNHS and St. Stephen is probably a little heavy handed.

I think most of the HCS hype comes from how tough the played the top teams last year without losing anybody and the fact that they also have 2 (3 maybe) provincial or former provincial team players on the roster.

Wow if what your saying is true about hartland with returning and provincial players, im tuned in to find out what happens in tonights game. Should give us all the picture in the long run
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:35 pm

CoachDJR wrote:

They did not make 'A' semi-finals last year.....provincial players....good for them (not being sarcastic) but, it doesn't guarantee anything.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:28 pm

38-37 for Hartland at the half
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:48 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:

58-55 for Harvey after 3rd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:19 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:

58-55 for Harvey after 3rd

Harvey wins by 5
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:24 am

My top picks as follows:

1. Grand Manan!!!!!
2. Harvey
3. Hartland
4. Caledonia
5. Petticodiac
6. Devon Park
7. Campobello
8. McAdam

Well done breakers!
Back to top Go down
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:54 am

boatcaptain wrote:
My top picks as follows:

1. Grand Manan!!!!!
2. Harvey
3. Hartland
4. Caledonia
5. Petticodiac
6. Devon Park
7. Campobello
8. McAdam

Well done breakers!

Petitcodiac is the only team I see that shouldn't be here, I'd put Dalhousie there instead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:28 pm

Just for fun, based on scores...sort of:

1. Grand Manan
2. Harvey
3. Hartland
4. Caledonia
5. Devon Park
6. Dalhousie
7. Ecole Carrefour Beausoleil
8. McAdam
9. Cambridge Narrows
10. Campobello
11. Belleisle
12. Stanley

I'm sure no one will respond to this list.... tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-N '06-'09

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:15 pm

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:

1. Grand Manan
2. Harvey
3. Hartland
4. Caledonia
5. Devon Park
6. Dalhousie
8. McAdam
9. Cambridge Narrows
10. Campobello
11. Belleisle
12. Stanley

Only major issue I see is the order you have the teams from the north ranked. I do not know any story behind these games, only scores, but ECB and Stanley had a 2 point game and ECB beat Dalhousie by 34. I do know NE regionals should be very competitive this year aside from possible the 1 vs. 4 games. Awesome to see your top 12 split evenly between the NE and SW! Someone from Belleisle might have an issue with with them being placed bellow Cambridge after beating them in their only meeting this year, but I won't get involved with any Eastern rankings...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Top 8 in Class "A" Girls   Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:41 am

1. John Caldwell
2. Caledonia
3. Petitcodiac
4. Harvey
5. Grand Manan
6. Stanley
7. Canterbury
8. ??????

Based on head to head scores and common opponents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:48 am

Metta Peace wrote:

1. John Caldwell
2. Caledonia
3. Petitcodiac
4. Harvey
5. Grand Manan
6. Stanley
7. Canterbury
8. ??????

I would have Dalhousie at 5 or 6. It's kind of hard to place some of them exactly, for example, Dalhousie beat GM, GM beat Peti, and Peti beat Dal. I think with Dal in there some where, this is pretty close.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:33 am

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:

1. Grand Manan
2. Harvey
3. Hartland
4. Caledonia
5. Devon Park
6. Dalhousie
8. McAdam
9. Cambridge Narrows
10. Campobello
11. Belleisle
12. Stanley

Based on what I have seen so far this season this seems to be a far ranking but again I see a big drop off after the top three........ but again it only takes a basket or two to change that.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShaqAttack

PostSubject: So just to add to the girls 'A' discussion...   Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:13 pm

39forever wrote:
Metta Peace wrote:

1. John Caldwell
2. Caledonia
3. Petitcodiac
4. Harvey
5. Grand Manan
6. Stanley
7. Canterbury
8. ??????

I would have Dalhousie at 5 or 6. It's kind of hard to place some of them exactly, for example, Dalhousie beat GM, GM beat Peti, and Peti beat Dal. I think with Dal in there some where, this is pretty close.

DPCS Girls beat Dalhousie by 30 in Dalhousie, they've beat Canterbury on the road by more than 20 and they only lost by 1 to Harvey earlier. IF Dalhousie is 5 or 6 where would this put DPCS then? Any comments?

Last edited by ShaqAttack on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : made a mistake)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poolie

PostSubject: John Caldwell Girls   Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:43 am

The John Caldwell Girls team is a very talented girls team that isnt selfish and sees the floor and their open teammates. I would be totally surprised if they dont win at Harbour Station.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Today at 5:44 am

Back to top Go down

Top 8 Boys & Girls
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next