HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top 8 Boys & Girls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Boashoops

PostSubject: Re Single A Girls   Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:02 am

Saw Devon Park play in Dalhousie tournament and they are a very skilled team and deserving to be ranked in top 8 somewhere above Dalhousie given their win. The 30 point win (like all Novemeber scores) are subject to a lot of factors as it was a two point game at half and close going into 4th but DP definitely the better team. John Caldwell does have it all, speed,shooting,size and ability to run the floor. At this point they are # 1 and everyone else a couple steps below.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:59 am

C-N '06-'09 wrote:
GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
Just for fun, based on scores...sort of:

1. Grand Manan
2. Harvey
3. Hartland
4. Caledonia
5. Devon Park
6. Dalhousie
7. Ecole Carrefour Beausoleil
8. McAdam
9. Cambridge Narrows
10. Campobello
11. Belleisle
12. Stanley

I'm sure no one will respond to this list.... tongue

Only major issue I see is the order you have the teams from the north ranked. I do not know any story behind these games, only scores, but ECB and Stanley had a 2 point game and ECB beat Dalhousie by 34. I do know NE regionals should be very competitive this year aside from possible the 1 vs. 4 games. Awesome to see your top 12 split evenly between the NE and SW! Someone from Belleisle might have an issue with with them being placed bellow Cambridge after beating them in their only meeting this year, but I won't get involved with any Eastern rankings...

Yeah...it's hard to rank with conflicting scores...I put ECB behind Dal...cause when I saw the score, wasn't sure if it was right, or if there was a story behind it...I put CN ahead of Belleisle...because...CN only lost by 17 @ DP, while Belleisle lost by 27 to DP on a neutral court....and because of recent form...however, Belleisle did beat them at home....looks like they play head to head twice over the next 10 days....McAdam is hard to rank with so few games played...really..from 5 down...it's a crap shoot...and the top 3 could change weekly, but...it's kinda fun to debate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poolie

PostSubject: There is a story behind Dalhousie Losing to ECB   Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:30 am

Dalhousies best two players are suspended by the school for a month for altercation with a rookie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:07 pm

Have to agree JCS #1 . Dalhousie will improve with there great coaching. Caladonia has puzzled me for the last two years but maybe this year they will finally step up. Overall the caliber of single A has really dropped off this year. GM,Harvey and Peti should factor in. Is TVHS in hiding?? have not seen anything on them this year. Not sure yet if JCS is good or if the compitition is weaker than most years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:43 pm

poolie wrote:
Dalhousies best two players are suspended by the school for a month for altercation with a rookie.

How long is the suspension left?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poolie

PostSubject: Suspension    Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:07 pm

I dont know
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:11 am

Class 'A' Girls:

1. John Caldwell - 15-20+ points better than anyone.
2. Caledonia - can they close the gap?
3. Petitcodiac - a solid #3
4. Harvey - seem to be improving.
5. Devon Park - good results.
6. Dalhousie - a bit inconsistant.
7. Stanley - a little underrated?
8. Grand Manan - can't score against better competition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach4

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:15 pm

Lot of interesting scores so far, not a whole lot of meaningful games to go on yet, but seems like there could be a lot of flip flopping in every league. Should be a great February. Here is my best guess right now

Top 8 Boys Rankings

A
1. Harvey - Could have gone in a few different directions but gave the nod to the returning champs
2. Hartland - 2 strong provincial team players, will be around the top all year
3. GM - could be anywhere 1-3. Happen to be #3 on this list. Wouldnt be a surprise to see them at HS
4. DP - great program, great coaching, will always be tough to be beat in Feb
5. Caledonia - decent results so far
6.Mcadam
7. Campo
8. Dalhousie

AA
1. St Stephen - again could have gone in a few differnt directions, giving them the top spot based on there results against other top caliber teams
2. CNHS - Big win against St Stephen, also wins against BMHS and Harrison trimble on the road. Could easily be #1 right now
3. Rothesay - Again could be anywhere from 1-3. Have a lot of solid wins against solid teams so far
4. Woodstock - Always going to be tough, will be in the conversation in Feb
5. Tantramar - look like easily the best in the NE. Would like to see where they are compared to the above mentioned teams
6. JMA
7. Sugarloaf
8. Southern Vic

AAA
1. FHS - deepest team in the province. league win over LHHS and a tournament win over KV put them here
2. KVHS - have the best player and probly the most front loaded talent. Have been inconsistent so far but will surely have it together when it matters
3. LHHS - not sure if they are this high or not. Have split with the teams above them. Big, physical and John Hickey is their coach, will be tough down the stretch
4. Moncton - Seem to be the best in the East. Could easily move up but waiting to see more results
5. James M Hill - athletic group with wins over some quality teams. Got beat by 20+ by LHHS this week but seems like they will grab a good seed coming out of the NE
6-9. not really sure what order to put them in but all 4 teams could be dangerous... BMHS, Simonds, SJHS, Riverview

Have at it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:14 pm

AA fan was asking about Tobique Valley girls? I was at the game last night vs JCS and the game was tied with about 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Then JCS depth took over and it ended up a 20 point win for JCS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoopforfun

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Wow, Plaster Rock might be in the running after all. But I also think that JC is overated. I could easily see Caledonia or Peti at Harbour Station
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Campo02

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Campobello beats Grand Manan by 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:44 pm

Campo02 wrote:
Campobello beats Grand Manan by 3

Grand Manan was without Zach Pothier....'nuf said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Campo02

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Lol, yup, a win is a win, you are right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:59 am

Campo02 wrote:
Lol, yup, a win is a win, you are right.

A win in a win, you are right, don't get your hopes up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Huskies23

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:51 am

Big game this Tuesday night in Hartlandwe host devon park. Looking at there scores its hard to say what they show up looking like. They havent beat anyone good and have had close games with weak teams. I have heard they are not strong this year.

How come the grand Manan kid didnt play against Campo?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:24 pm

McAdam just beat GM 69-50 in McAdam , GM better hope Pothier gets better soon before any more league games as that drops them to 1-2

Sounds like McAdam may be a little stronger than first thought.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:32 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
McAdam just beat GM 69-50 in McAdam , GM better hope Pothier gets better soon before any more league games as that drops them to 1-2

McAdam had a great tourny last weekend in SJ, played soem really strong teams really well. Zach Pothier has a sprained wrist and a rolled ankle, no secret that GM needs him if they are going to do anything at all. The goal for GM hasn't changed, win out from here, Harvey beats McAdam which they shouldand GM finishes first...simple as that, lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:12 pm

39forever wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:

McAdam had a great tourny last weekend in SJ, played soem really strong teams really well. Zach Pothier has a sprained wrist and a rolled ankle, no secret that GM needs him if they are going to do anything at all. The goal for GM hasn't changed, win out from here, Harvey beats McAdam which they shouldand GM finishes first...simple as that, lol!

Are you saying that they rely on Zac too much? LoL. However it turns out...the first round of the Southwest playoffs should be crazy...Hartland, Devon Park, Harvey, GM and McAdam...would like to see those games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:53 pm

39forever wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:

Sounds like a recycled quote from last year.......just saying
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:04 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
39forever wrote:
BeeBall4Lifee wrote:

Sounds like a recycled quote from last year.......just saying

Just sayin what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:16 pm

Every team has their up's and down's. Devon, GM, Campo (somewhat). At least these teams won't die of overexposure. Other players have a chance to step up in difficult situations and build character. Will be interesting to see if and when a team wins twice over the other...Seems to me Hartland and Harvey split and Campo, McAdam and Harvey have yet to visit the Grand Manan. If the two games GM played were road games???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
breakercoach

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:32 pm

With the best coach and the best player Grand Manan Varsity Boys will be in the mix for HS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnut

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:23 pm

best coach and best player. I can only assume you have seen every coach and player in the province otherwise your just blowing smoke up everybodies .... or you are very biased to these two... oh wait i see it now coach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BumptheCutter

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:47 am

[b]Top 8 Class "A' Boys

1. Harvey- Depth,depth,depth
2. Hartland- They have beaten the top teams early but how will they play in playoff pressure games.
3. Grand Manan- Still in this spot for now...They better hope Pothier gets back soon.
4. McAdam- They still have'nt beat a top contender who is 100% healthy.
5. Devon Park- They get better as the season goes on and have'nt beat any big dogs yet.
6.Campobello- They beat GM without Pothier but have a scrappy team, need Will Carroll back and healthy soon.
7. Caledonia- Handed the Bellisle Bears their only loss in league play.
8. Stanley- Beat Dalhousie and look to be coming on strong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nighthawk

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:29 am

BumptheCutter wrote:
[b]Top 8 Class "A' Boys

1. Harvey- Depth,depth,depth
2. Hartland- They have beaten the top teams early but how will they play in playoff pressure games.
3. Grand Manan- Still in this spot for now...They better hope Pothier gets back soon.
4. McAdam- They still have'nt beat a top contender who is 100% healthy.
5. Devon Park- They get better as the season goes on and have'nt beat any big dogs yet.
6.Campobello- They beat GM without Pothier but have a scrappy team, need Will Carroll back and healthy soon.
7. Caledonia- Handed the Bellisle Bears their only loss in league play.
8. Stanley- Beat Dalhousie and look to be coming on strong.

I think I would have to agree with this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 8 Boys & Girls   Today at 7:32 am

Back to top Go down

Top 8 Boys & Girls
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next