HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Laurentian tourney

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
osyp

PostSubject: Laurentian tourney   Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:07 pm

The Laurentian senior boys tourney is being held Nov 23/24 in Sudbury. Teams include Timmins, O'Gorman, Lasalle, Lockerby; S. Basils, Nelson(Burlington?) West Ferris, Collingwood, Caledon Midget OBA, Caledon Juvenile OBA, Scollard Hall, Korah, Pretty River, Loellen, Arnprior, and Walkerton. Anyone want to take a stab at ranking the teams?

I am not very familiar with the Northern teams although I know St. Basils was strong last year, as was O'Gorman. Timmins is generally very competitive and I think Lockerby was as well. Nelson from Burlington is always good as is Collingwood. Ofsaa champs Pretty River are in rebuilding mode, Caledon OBA teams could be anywhere from average to super allstar teams.

Looking forward to first action of the year!!

Last edited by osyp on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Laurentian tourney   Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:32 pm

O'Gorman was not strong at all last year. They didn't win any tournaments and didn't even qualify for OFSAA. But i do believe that their junior team was very strong, apparently most of their starting five moved up to senior so they could be a force to be reckoned with. Don't underestimate them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
osyp

PostSubject: Re: Laurentian tourney   Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:59 pm

Thanks 123, I noticed that O'Gorman juniors won the Tomahawk tourney last year, so they should rep well. How is St. Basils looking this year? I believe they were one of the strongest squads coming out of the north last year. I hope all schools are playing bball this season. Know of any that aren't?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Laurentian tourney   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Anybody have the draw yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
osyp

PostSubject: Re: Laurentian tourney   Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:43 pm

I have a copy of the draw, unless changes have been made, this is what was posted:

Caledon Juvenile
Scollard Hall

Collingwood Very Happy
Lasalle

Korah
Caledon Midgets

Timmins
Pretty River

Nelson
Loellen

West Ferris
O'Gorman

Arnprior
Lockerby

St.Basils
Walkerton

If you look at conventional seeding practices you would deduce that Caledon Juveniles and Nelson are 1,2 and Timmins and St. Basils 3,4. Of course that could be totally off base as other factors like travel etc. may come into play. In any event looking for a fun weekend. See you there 123.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachp

PostSubject: Re: Laurentian tourney   Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:18 pm

Any results from the Laurentian tourny for the weekend ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
osyp

PostSubject: Re: Laurentian tourney   Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:05 pm

St. Basils over Collingwood in the final. 47 - 42 or so. Great shooting from St. Basils. Lasalle in a romp over Arnprior for the consolation. Collingwood over Lasalle, Caledon Juvenile and Korah to reach the final. St Basils over St. Charles, Lockerby and O'Gorman. Good overtime game with Korah taking out Timmins by one point. Nice facilities, good job by Laurentian staff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laurentian tourney   Today at 12:45 am

Back to top Go down

Laurentian tourney
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1