HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Grand Mannan Centennial Tournament

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Grand Mannan Centennial Tournament   Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:22 am

Well the Breakers are off to a great start. They are 2-0 at their own tournament with one game remaining against the Bellisle Bears. The Bears have been trounced twice so far. In fact last night against Campobello the Bellisle coach sat her two best players 5 minutes in, not at all sure why. Devon Park went 2-1 loosing to the blistering outside shooting of the GM guard (Pothier 38 points). Campobello went 1-2, and for all intents and purposes Bellisle will finish 0-3 and The Breakers 3-0.

No question GM will contend easily for 1st in the south. Lakers beware!
Back to top Go down
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Grand Mannan Centennial Tournament   Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:10 pm

The problem is....they rely on Zac too much..(at least, that is what I have been told)....they don't have the depth that Harvey does. They'll compete...but it's going to be tough to beat Harvey...and you don't know how much it pains me to say that.

GM plays at Harvey next week....we shall see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C-N '06-'09

PostSubject: Re: Grand Mannan Centennial Tournament   Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:10 pm

boatcaptain wrote:
Well the Breakers are off to a great start. They are 2-0 at their own tournament with one game remaining against the Bellisle Bears. The Bears have been trounced twice so far. In fact last night against Campobello the Bellisle coach sat her two best players 5 minutes in, not at all sure why. Devon Park went 2-1 loosing to the blistering outside shooting of the GM guard (Pothier 38 points). Campobello went 1-2, and for all intents and purposes Bellisle will finish 0-3 and The Breakers 3-0.

No question GM will contend easily for 1st in the south. Lakers beware!

Sould make for a bit of a shake up in the top 8
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T-Ball

PostSubject: Re: Grand Mannan Centennial Tournament   Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Just wondering what the result was between GM and Belleisle and if the two top players got back in.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Grand Mannan Centennial Tournament   Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:42 pm

T-Ball wrote:
Just wondering what the result was between GM and Belleisle and if the two top players got back in.....
GM defeats Belleisles 91-58. Belleisles big guy had 31, they didn't have much after that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Grand Mannan Centennial Tournament   Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:45 pm

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
The problem is....they rely on Zac too much..(at least, that is what I have been told)....they don't have the depth that Harvey does. They'll compete...but it's going to be tough to beat Harvey...and you don't know how much it pains me to say that.

Zach is their goto guy for sure, but McLaughlin had 26 to go with Zach's 28 in the Belleisles game. Harvey and Hartland are the 2 favorites for sure, but that's why you play the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Grand Mannan Centennial Tournament   Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:59 pm

39forever wrote:

Zach is their goto guy for sure, but McLaughlin had 26 to go with Zach's 28 in the Belleisles game. Harvey and Hartland are the 2 favorites for sure, but that's why you play the game.

That's good....but, playing Belleisle at home and playing Harvey on the road is NOT the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Grand Mannan Centennial Tournament   Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:10 pm

39forever wrote:

That's good....but, playing Belleisle at home and playing Harvey on the road is NOT the same.

Agreed, but as a GM fan, I choose to look at the positive potential. As I said, Harvey and Hartland are the favorites, but unless you want their matchup on Tuesday to be for the championship and forget about the rest of the season, I suggest we wait and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlotteCountyBall

PostSubject: Re: Grand Mannan Centennial Tournament   Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:50 am

39forever wrote:

Doesnt matter, if Belleisle were to play GM 1000 times at home. Grand Manan will win 1000 of them. Belleisles got a great kid in Liam Sipkema, but there are by all means not remotely a contender this year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Mannan Centennial Tournament   Today at 5:29 am

Back to top Go down

Grand Mannan Centennial Tournament
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1