HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Regular Season Has finally begun (post scores)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
MagicMan

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Has finally begun (post scores)   Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:40 am

A little too much inexperience displayed by Tammy tonight in front of a large crowd. WRCA defence stepped up and forced Tammy to take a lot of bad shots as the shot clock ran down. Tyus was very good, along with great support from the other Warriors. Tammy can play! mostly Grade 11's, predict they will be top ranked team in Province next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vancity55555

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Has finally begun (post scores)   Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:27 am

I wasn't at the game tonight, but I wanna be filled in. Was it really a huge blowout? And how does tammy look do you guys think they are a serious title contender or are they just hot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicMan

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Has finally begun (post scores)   Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:37 am

Sukhot Bains is the real deal. great player. the whole team can shoot the 3. they are a young team so tonight's experience will really help them. I know this! Nobody will be happy if they have to play Tammy as there shooting is really good. Not sure if they can win provincials this year, but they have potential to make some noise. without a doubt, they will be the best team in the province next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WestcoastScouts

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Has finally begun (post scores)   Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:43 pm

My brother, Gale watched the Western Canada tournament up in Kelowna this past weekend and what I`ve heard from him is that it was an excellent tournament. I watched the finals and many other games thanks to Sportcanada.tv for broadcasting the games via internet.

My analysis on Champs (Walnut Grove):

Walnut Grove really stepped up their game this tournament after the previous two losses in the Beagle and Emerald. They came to win and proved that they are a force to reckon with. In the first game against Winston Curchill Bulldogs (Alberta), they brought out great energy and Cohee had a big game with 32 pts and 5 ast. In the second game agaisnt John Taylor, the starters from Grove seemed to have a slow start but luckily, the bench was able to bring the spark and kept Grove in the game. It was a very competitive game till halftime but Grove came storming in the second half and won the game by 20 points. Getz and Mayorga were very impressive throughout the game and Getz was named player of the game. The finals was a rematch between Grove and Kitslano which Grove had previously beaten Kits on Jan. 15 by 10 points. I was really looking forward to this game because Luka and Mayorga battle it out and it`s always entertaining to see two top notch players go at it. Peterson for Kits did a good job hitting mid range jumpers and playing tough defense on Cohee. Too bad, several of Kits players were fouled out down the stretch. Getz had a another incredible game with 22pts and 21reb and was named player of the game once again. Overall, great run by Grove in the tournament and these series of win should give them momentum heading into league playoffs starting next Thursday. A potential league finals could be Grove and Yale!! Going to be interesting how Grove defends Bennet-Boire and how Yale defends Cohee. Two of the best point guards in BC are going to go head-to-head. Cant Wait!!

Unfornately, I didnt get the chance to catch any Mouat or Kits games as I was busy with my kids and family but I will definitely catch some of the other ranked teams in the final stretch of the season... Also heard Gleneagle won the Western Canada tournament in Calgary. Kudos to them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sim

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Has finally begun (post scores)   Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:49 am

Who won the regular season meeting between Yale & Walnut?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Has finally begun (post scores)   Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:55 am

Sim wrote:
Who won the regular season meeting between Yale & Walnut?

They have not played yet this season, but could play in the Fraser Valley Abbotsford East/West League Tournament Final, as Yale will be the Abbotsford East #1 seed, and Grove will be the Abbotsford West #1 seed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: VC-Saints Series   Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:55 pm

Game #1 - (Jan.16,2013) - St. Georges 74 @ Vancouver College 75

Game #2 (Feb.12,2013) - Vancouver College 65 @ St. Georges 78

'DO OR DIE' game
Game #3 (noon on Saturday Feb.16,2013) - St. Georges vs Vancouver College @ St. Johns

Caught the second game at Saints on Tuesday, great atmosphere in the gym, Georges and College played tight in the first half, with Drew only playing about 5 min in the 1st qtr. due to picking two early offensive fouls. But in the second half Georges ran away with it, Tylon Barker lit it up all night inside and out for the Saints dropping 20+. The 4th qtr. started with 3 straight 'And-1' plays for the Saints which was the nail in VC's coffin. Saints are just the more talented team, the 1 point loss in their first meeting just seems like an abberation, I have Saints winning their third meeting, +6.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regular Season Has finally begun (post scores)   Today at 3:48 am

Back to top Go down

Regular Season Has finally begun (post scores)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4