HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Harvey hosts Hartland Single "A" Men's Basketball Tuesday Nov 27.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GM Breaker '84-'88



Posts : 258
Join date : 2010-02-01
Age : 46
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Harvey hosts Hartland Single "A" Men's Basketball Tuesday Nov 27.   Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:46 am

T-Ball wrote:
Metta Peace wrote:
Top 3, Top 5 or whatever means nothing just now. On any given day MCadam, Caledonia, Campobello or Devon Park can play quite easily with the others. Adjustsment, matchups...etc can make a pretender a contender very quickly. There may be others as well. February will tell the story. In the meantime "assume" as we all know what that means.

Well said Metta Peace. The "Big Three" may well be a myth created more on the pages of Hoopslife than the ball courts of N.B.. Bring on the head to head matches!

Ya....the scores that have happened....are myths. They are just rumors...would you and Metta like to wager on who will win "A' boys? I'll take Harvey, Hartland & GM....and you guys can have the 'field'....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metta Peace



Posts : 166
Join date : 2011-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Harvey hosts Hartland Single "A" Men's Basketball Tuesday Nov 27.   Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:57 am

Perhaps we should wait to see a Hartland /Devon score if everyone is full strength. Or, a Grand Manan/McAdam score . Games should be coming up soon in league play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic



Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Harvey hosts Hartland Single "A" Men's Basketball Tuesday Nov 27.   Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:30 am

I have to agree with GM on this one although I won't count out DP as they are always coached very well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Harvey hosts Hartland Single "A" Men's Basketball Tuesday Nov 27.   Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:04 am

Most people that have followed "A" Mens ball agree and understand that Nov/Dec games are a steep learning curve for teams and coaches. Clearly there are a few front runners, as one would expect, but lets face it, last year McAdam played Harvey very tough and beat Hartland in Regionals. McAdam did not win a game in the recent SJ Tournament however they sure did complete well. Anyone that knows the coaching staff in McAdam will not take them lightly.

To be fair I say its a six team race for 2 spots at Harbor:
GM
Harvey
Hartland
McAdam
DP
Caledonia
Back to top Go down
T-Ball



Posts : 31
Join date : 2012-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Harvey hosts Hartland Single "A" Men's Basketball Tuesday Nov 27.   Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:37 am

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
T-Ball wrote:
Metta Peace wrote:
Top 3, Top 5 or whatever means nothing just now. On any given day MCadam, Caledonia, Campobello or Devon Park can play quite easily with the others. Adjustsment, matchups...etc can make a pretender a contender very quickly. There may be others as well. February will tell the story. In the meantime "assume" as we all know what that means.

Well said Metta Peace. The "Big Three" may well be a myth created more on the pages of Hoopslife than the ball courts of N.B.. Bring on the head to head matches!

Ya....the scores that have happened....are myths. They are just rumors...would you and Metta like to wager on who will win "A' boys? I'll take Harvey, Hartland & GM....and you guys can have the 'field'....

GM, you made a very convincing and clever argument to show the danger of using “just one game” of a schedule to rank teams. Yet, you seem prepared to throw that fine logic out the door – along with some hard earned cash – based on even less. Before sending teams like McAdam and Caledonia out to pasture lets see how they run with the big horses. In the only game I know of for these teams, Caledonia traded Hartland point for point for 35 minutes. I’m going to pass on your bet for precisely the point I’m trying to make. I don’t know how good the “other” teams are. You may be right, perhaps there are only three serious contenders, but until they play the “field” a few more times, I’ll not risk the family fortune.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic



Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Harvey hosts Hartland Single "A" Men's Basketball Tuesday Nov 27.   Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:56 am

T-Ball wrote:
GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
T-Ball wrote:
Metta Peace wrote:
Top 3, Top 5 or whatever means nothing just now. On any given day MCadam, Caledonia, Campobello or Devon Park can play quite easily with the others. Adjustsment, matchups...etc can make a pretender a contender very quickly. There may be others as well. February will tell the story. In the meantime "assume" as we all know what that means.

Well said Metta Peace. The "Big Three" may well be a myth created more on the pages of Hoopslife than the ball courts of N.B.. Bring on the head to head matches!

Ya....the scores that have happened....are myths. They are just rumors...would you and Metta like to wager on who will win "A' boys? I'll take Harvey, Hartland & GM....and you guys can have the 'field'....

GM, you made a very convincing and clever argument to show the danger of using “just one game” of a schedule to rank teams. Yet, you seem prepared to throw that fine logic out the door – along with some hard earned cash – based on even less. Before sending teams like McAdam and Caledonia out to pasture lets see how they run with the big horses. In the only game I know of for these teams, Caledonia traded Hartland point for point for 35 minutes. I’m going to pass on your bet for precisely the point I’m trying to make. I don’t know how good the “other” teams are. You may be right, perhaps there are only three serious contenders, but until they play the “field” a few more times, I’ll not risk the family fortune.

I thought there were 40 minutes in a varsity game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeeBall4Lifee



Posts : 271
Join date : 2010-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Harvey hosts Hartland Single "A" Men's Basketball Tuesday Nov 27.   Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:37 pm

coach4 wrote:
ballin2012 wrote:
i think it is a 3 team race, there isnt much after the top three, but what is up with rothesay beating hartland? did hartland have a bad game or is RHS that good?

Really?.... Rothesay is clearly a contender in AA, how is that a surprise that they beat Hartland. Rothesay is definately a top 10 team in NB period, hartland is not

Rothesay has wins over Simonds( who beat KV, who is supposedly the best team in NB), St Stephen( the favorite in AA), Saint John High, Woodstock, Sussex etc...

To give a frame of reference, according to the NBIAA site Oromocto beat GM by 15, OHS is losing to AAA schools by 100. Whether people are willing to admit it or not there is a gap between teams in A, AA, and obviosly AAA.... As there should be, there is just more athletes to choose from

Looks like the gap narrows between the upper A schools and AA schools right at Rothesay , Harvey beat them 76-70 today Smile whether you are big enough to admit it is the question Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HisAirness



Posts : 38
Join date : 2011-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Harvey hosts Hartland Single "A" Men's Basketball Tuesday Nov 27.   Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:30 pm

BeeBall4Lifee wrote:
coach4 wrote:
ballin2012 wrote:
i think it is a 3 team race, there isnt much after the top three, but what is up with rothesay beating hartland? did hartland have a bad game or is RHS that good?

Really?.... Rothesay is clearly a contender in AA, how is that a surprise that they beat Hartland. Rothesay is definately a top 10 team in NB period, hartland is not

Rothesay has wins over Simonds( who beat KV, who is supposedly the best team in NB), St Stephen( the favorite in AA), Saint John High, Woodstock, Sussex etc...

To give a frame of reference, according to the NBIAA site Oromocto beat GM by 15, OHS is losing to AAA schools by 100. Whether people are willing to admit it or not there is a gap between teams in A, AA, and obviosly AAA.... As there should be, there is just more athletes to choose from

Looks like the gap narrows between the upper A schools and AA schools right at Rothesay , Harvey beat them 76-70 today Smile whether you are big enough to admit it is the question Smile

Perhaps ..Rothesay did play with out two starters and their Head coach against Harvey then went on to beat GM by 30ish and Devon Park by 40ish. Didn't see the game but koodos to Harvey great club with hard working kids ... just wouldn't put too much weight behind these scores 3 days before Christmas always kids gone .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Harvey hosts Hartland Single "A" Men's Basketball Tuesday Nov 27.   Today at 11:00 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Harvey hosts Hartland Single "A" Men's Basketball Tuesday Nov 27.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Harvey hosts Hartland Single "A" Men's Basketball Tuesday Nov 27.
» NBIAA 2012-2013 Basketball ALL-STARS" A & AA & AAA
» 5th AnnualPanthers/Falcons Boys Senior Basketball Tournament
» NBers looking for new basketball shoes
» St. Patrick's Irish Junior Boys Basketball Season Kickoff Tournament

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: New Brunswick-
Jump to: