HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Junior Boys Rankings Poll #1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Junior Boys Rankings Poll #1   Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:11 pm

Here is Poll #1 for the year

1) Burnaby South

2) Churchill

3) VC

4) Tamanawis

5) Cowichan

6) Heritage Woods

7) Kits

Cool SMUS

9) Terry Fox

10) West Van

HM- Fleetwood Park, Lord Tweedsmuir, Pitt Meadows, Semiahmoo, OKM, St Georges

Good Luck to everyone as they start there seasons off! Play hard fellas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FVBasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Junior Boys Rankings Poll #1   Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:31 pm

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

I'm a bit surprised that you have Tamanawis that high; they have some really good young talent but rely on several Grade 9's. Will be interesting to see how they compete.

Also, no mention of Walnut Grove? I don't know who's playing up this year so it's hard to say perhaps, but they're usually pretty strong.
A real testament to the talent at Burnaby South, with 2 of their top Grade 10 players playing senior this year I believe and still at the top of the rankings. Wow.

A couple of other schools I'll throw out there as ones that could be strong - again, depending on who plays up this year or not - but I'd think Delview has some talent, with Wayne Untalan.

What about the Richmond schools? I'd think MacNeil would have some talent?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FVBasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Junior Boys Rankings Poll #1   Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:34 pm

Was also curious about Cowichan - quite a high ranking. Was wondering who their key players were this year as I don't know much about them.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Junior Rankings   Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:08 pm

I have the upmost respect for anyone who tries to do junior rankings as I feel they are way harder than senior. Pre rankings are such a crap shoot because some most of the top grade 10's usually play senior, although VC, St. George's etc etc don't usually have players play up.

I know that Heritage Woods apparently is playing up their 2 or 3 best grade 10's.

It's so hard to figure out junior sometimes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesusShuttlesworth

PostSubject: Re: Junior Boys Rankings Poll #1   Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:13 pm

FVBasketballFan wrote:
Was also curious about Cowichan - quite a high ranking. Was wondering who their key players were this year as I don't know much about them.

Thanks!

I know Josh Charles previously of Brentwood College and Provincial team member now plays for the Cowichan Jr team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Machoops

PostSubject: Re: Junior Boys Rankings Poll #1   Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:23 pm

Mcmath, McRoberts, RHS and maybe Burnett depending on who is playing grade 9 pr sr should be the top 4 out of Richmond.

Macneill's top grade 10 player Denzel de Jesus is starting for our senior team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bulldog10

PostSubject: Re: Junior Boys Rankings Poll #1   Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:19 pm

I believe rankings were done knowing that the 2 top grade 10s for Burnaby South are playing JV and not moving up to senior. Without Burnaby South's 2 top JVs, the JV team would drop about 5-6 spots. St. George's 2 top JVs are playing senior. Ranks may change after tournament next week as the 4 top teams and 6 of top 10 are in the same tourney.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FVBasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Junior Boys Rankings Poll #1   Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:36 pm

bulldog10 wrote:
I believe rankings were done knowing that the 2 top grade 10s for Burnaby South are playing JV and not moving up to senior. Without Burnaby South's 2 top JVs, the JV team would drop about 5-6 spots. St. George's 2 top JVs are playing senior. Ranks may change after tournament next week as the 4 top teams and 6 of top 10 are in the same tourney.

Ah. Well Burnaby South will be strong either way. Can anyone confirm whether Trninic and Haley are playing Senior this year or not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior Boys Rankings Poll #1   Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:10 pm

Haley an Trinic will both be playing junior
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vantitan10

PostSubject: west van tournament   Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:57 pm

hey guys i was in north vaan and checked out the collingwood tournament for the jrs pretty average tournament with point grey being one of the stronger teams.. i was watching 5/6th game which had cambie from richmond i think v a team from kelowna cambie destroyed the kids but the only reason i am mentioning this is has anyone heard of this Justin Dhillon Kid from Cambie he apperently finished the game with 53pts!! and it wasnt like he hogged the ball he was also distibuting the ball well other key player would be sam who plays drive but does Justin as well or ?? any info on this kid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vantitan10

PostSubject: re:justin dhillon   Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:13 pm

@karnsharda is he a drive kid? we would like to know a little more about him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islandview2

PostSubject: SMUS Jamboree   Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:52 pm

SMUS JR Jamboree

SMUS def. Fleetwood
SMUS def. Semiahmoo (OT)
SMUS def. Oak Bay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bulldog10

PostSubject: Re: Junior Boys Rankings Poll #1   Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Looks like the JV rankings will change after the first major tourney where Burnaby South lost twice(Pitt & Heritage Woods) and Churchill lost to the eventual winner of tourney(VC). Pitt should be a top 3 team with they size and discipline play. Lots of teams had major players injured or sick but that's how the season goes and it's the depth and coaching that keeps the strong teams/programs competitive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FVBasketballFan

PostSubject: Re: Junior Boys Rankings Poll #1   Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:32 pm

Taking a shot at my guess in the second poll of the year, here goes;

1) VC - even with some injuries, were able to hold off Churchill and Pitt and beat Tamanawis by 26. Deep, disciplined team.

2) Churchill - looked impressive this weekend and were up by 13 over VC - a lot of talent on this team.

3) Pitt - played lights out, with inside and outside game working well for them. Triple OT loss to VC in the Pat Dooley final.

4) Tamanawis - young team, but have good shooters and some size up front. Big win over Heritage this weekend at the Pat Dooley tourney.

5) Cowichan - haven't seen them play but Josh Charles is dominant. Will keep them where karn did last week!

6) Heritage Woods - a few grade 10's moved up to Senior, but look like a tough team that play well together

7) SMUS - beat Fleetwood, Semi in OT, and Oak Bay this weekend

Cool Burnaby South - temporary, will move back up with all that talent

9) Terry Fox - Haven't seen them play this year, but they're always tough, even with a few grade 10's playing up.

10) West Van - have quite a bit of talent, will beat some good teams this year.

HM Would go to Tweedsmuir, St. Georges, Semiahmoo, Walnut Grove and Kits - I'm sure some more deserve mention but haven't seen enough play yet!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JrCoachS

PostSubject: Re: Junior Boys Rankings Poll #1   Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:57 pm

Maybe CoachSeanJohn from Fox can post the draw for the Fox tournament this weekend. Heard a lot of top teams in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junior Boys Rankings Poll #1   Today at 6:13 pm

Back to top Go down

Junior Boys Rankings Poll #1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1