HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Richmond Scores

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ebe

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Scores   Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:31 am

Another barn burner tonight as the Palmer vs Burnett game came down to the last seconds and Burnett pulled it out 74 to 73.
- Antonio Jhuty 33 points & 7 assists
- Jamie Madewan 12 points & 14 rebounds
- Karn Mann 11 points

- Brandon Beavis 26 points
- Tyrell 15 points

If McMath beats Richmond tomorrow then the playoff draw will be
#1 McMath vs. #8 MacNeill
#4 Palmer vs. #5 Richmond
#2 Burnett vs. #7 SLSS
#3 McNair vs. #6 McRoberts

If Richmond beats McMath then McMath would switch places with Burnett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachStone21

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Scores   Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:40 pm

McMath won by 8 or so last night so richmond playoff matchups are set

3:30 McMath (1st) vs (8th) MacNeil
5:00 Palmer (4th) vs (5th) Richmond High
6:30 McNair (3rd) vs (6th) McRoberts
8:00 Burnett (2nd) vs (7th) Steveston-London

starts on tuesday all games at burnett. admission will be $4 for adults and $2 for students for tuesday, wednesday, thursday and then $5 for adults and $3 for students for friday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Scores   Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:16 am

Richmond Playoffs First Round Results

3:30 McMath 74 vs MacNeil 63
5:00 Palmer 91 vs Richmond High 81
- Jamie Madewan 30 points & 9 rebounds
- Antonio Jhuty 27 points
- Karn Mann 18 points & 15 rebounds
- Jimmy Park 10 assists

- Jerry Shi 19 points
- David Yap 12 points

6:30 McNair 67 vs McRoberts 87
8:00 Burnett 74 vs Steveston-London 44

Games for Wed Feb 13
3:30 Richmond vs. MacNeill
5:00 McNair vs. SLSS
6:30 Burnett vs. McRoberts
8:00 McMath vs. Palmer

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dick Vitale

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Scores   Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:06 am

Who were this years all stars and MVP?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Scores   Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:23 am

Dick Vitale wrote:

The All-Stars and MVP are voted on by all the coaches and are based on league play for the entire season:

2nd Team All-Stars
Kabir Sandhu - Burnett
Umar Tung - MacNeill
Gurdy Jagde - McNair
Arnold Macalipay - McRoberts
Carlos Prada - SLSS

1st Team All-Stars
Garth Anderson - McMath
Royce Sargeant - McNair
Kingston Cheung - SLSS
Tyrell Samuels - Burnett
Andrew McCaskill - McMath

M.V.P.
Jamie Madewan - Palmer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Scores   Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:35 am

Richmond Playoffs Second Round Round Results
Consolation
3:30 Richmond 57 vs. MacNeill 76
5:00 McNair wins vs. SLSS
Semi-Finals
6:30 Burnett 70 vs. McRoberts 51
8:00 McMath 66 vs. Palmer 80
- Jamie Madewan 27 points 13 rebounds, 5 assists
- Antonio Jhuty 20 points & 7 steals
- Karn Mann 15 points & 15 rebounds
- Jimmy Park 10 assists

- Andrew McCaskill 26 points

Thu Feb 14th Consolation
3:30 MacNeill vs. McRoberts (winner will be #2 AA Richmond seed for LM Tournament, loser will be #3 seed)
5:00 McMath vs. McNair (winner gets the #2 AAA seed to LM Tournament and loser is out)

Fri Feb 15th Finals
3:30 Third place game
5:00 Burnett vs. Palmer championship final
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Disco Dirk

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Scores   Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:56 am

ebe wrote:
Dick Vitale wrote:

The All-Stars and MVP are voted on by all the coaches and are based on league play for the entire season:

2nd Team All-Stars
Kabir Sandhu - Burnett
Umar Tung - MacNeill
Gurdy Jagde - McNair
Carlos Prada - SLSS

1st Team All-Stars
Garth Anderson - McMath
Royce Sargeant - McNair
Kingston Cheung - SLSS
Tyrell Samuels - Burnett

M.V.P.
Jamie Madewan - Palmer

I was fortunate to catch almost all the big games in Richmond this season including all of the playoffs so far. What an exciting season it has truly been! But I am so disappointed with the all star and MVP choices that I needed to say something.

First things first I believe Jamie madewan was the BEST player in Richmond this season and most would agree this is true. But to call him the most valuable to his team over the likes of both Andrew McCaskill and Brandon Beavis? Come on, Palmer finished 4th overall in the league. McMath won the damn thing and if you think for a second they would have even finished in the top 5 without McCaskill you don't watch much basketball. Palmer has two provincial caliber players on the team besides Jamie (Gurj/Antonio) and they still finished fourth place. McMath doesn't have a single player who even plays club basketball besides McCaskill and they won the league. I watched the two teams play in the regular season and McCaskill had 41 with Jamie in a full face guard and even double team for most of the game.. I just have a real issue with the political aspect of this MVP choice. Yes Madewan is the better player I'm not arguing that, so call the award something else like most "outstanding" player. But there is no way he is more valuable to his team than McCaskill was to McMath or even Beavis was to Burnett.

Which brings up another mystery about the all stars? How does Brandon beavis not even get any award??? One of the better point guards ive seen in the province all year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Scores   Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:36 am

Disco Dirk wrote:

I was fortunate to catch almost all the big games in Richmond this season including all of the playoffs so far. What an exciting season it has truly been! But I am so disappointed with the all star and MVP choices that I needed to say something.

First things first I believe Jamie madewan was the BEST player in Richmond this season and most would agree this is true. But to call him the most valuable to his team over the likes of both Andrew McCaskill and Brandon Beavis? Come on, Palmer finished 4th overall in the league. McMath won the damn thing and if you think for a second they would have even finished in the top 5 without McCaskill you don't watch much basketball. Palmer has two provincial caliber players on the team besides Jamie (Gurj/Antonio) and they still finished fourth place. McMath doesn't have a single player who even plays club basketball besides McCaskill and they won the league. I watched the two teams play in the regular season and McCaskill had 41 with Jamie in a full face guard and even double team for most of the game.. I just have a real issue with the political aspect of this MVP choice. Yes Madewan is the better player I'm not arguing that, so call the award something else like most "outstanding" player. But there is no way he is more valuable to his team than McCaskill was to McMath or even Beavis was to Burnett.

Which brings up another mystery about the all stars? How does Brandon beavis not even get any award??? One of the better point guards ive seen in the province all year!

I think the coaches clearly thought that Jamie was the MVP but you could certainly make a case for some others. Jamie averaged almost 30 a game in Richmond league games and he also pulled down 13 rebounds per game and passed for 4 assists a game. You take this out of our line-up and we are in big trouble so I think the coaches made a good choice. As far as Brandon Beavis is concerned he was not nominated by his school so the coaches could not vote for him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachStone21

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Scores   Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:46 pm

Disco Dirk wrote:
ebe wrote:
Dick Vitale wrote:

2nd Team All-Stars
Kabir Sandhu - Burnett
Umar Tung - MacNeill
Gurdy Jagde - McNair
Carlos Prada - SLSS

1st Team All-Stars
Garth Anderson - McMath
Royce Sargeant - McNair
Kingston Cheung - SLSS
Tyrell Samuels - Burnett

M.V.P.
Jamie Madewan - Palmer

Yes Disco i agree with Ebe as we coaches have to vote on who is nominated by the coaches. I would have voted for Beavis as allstar but his coach didn't put his name up and that is his decision. Some teams didn't even nominate any players or chose to nominate only 2 or 3 guys instead of 4. There were 2 players not nominated for that I would have voted for.

You also have to look at the facts that one player might have had an off night but the other player had a great night and he will get voted higher by that coach as most Richmond teams only see each other once a year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Scores   Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:37 am

McMath 73 Mcnair 70 - McMath moves on to AAA LM Tournament, McNair is eliminated
McRoberts 63 MacNeill 44 - McRoberts is the #2 Richmond seed and MacNiell the #3 Richmond seed to LM AA Playoffs

Friday February 15th, 2013 at Burnett
3:30 3rd/4th place game McMath vs. McRoberts
5:00 Championship Game Burnett vs. Palmer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Scores   Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:16 am

Palmer 91 Burnett 81
- Sold out crowd at Burnett saw a very entertaining game. The first quarter both teams were on fire as we took a 33 to 27 lead with both teams knocking down 6 treys each. We continued our hot streak in the 2nd quarter and Burnett cooled off and we had a big half time lead 60 to 37. 3rd quarter Burnett turned the tables out scoring us 24 to 8 and suddenly the lead was 68 to 61. Fortunately for us we were able to hold the lead and pick up the championship title.
- Jamie Madewan 35 points, 11 rebounds, & 8 assists
- Antonio Jhuty 30 points
- Gurjit Pooni 13 points

- Justin Wong 26 points
- Daniel Sayadi 14 points
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richmond Scores   Today at 6:07 pm

Back to top Go down

Richmond Scores
View previous topic View next topic Back to top